• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Hornet/The Shadow: Dark Knights series MEGATHREAD

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04/...r-dark-nights/

What is this?! Nice!

Umm...Yes, please!

Man this sounds great! Plus it will start right after Masks ends and you cannot get much better than that. I really hope this reaches the high bar Masks has set for all crossovers.

Comment

I've never seen artist Keith Burns' work, but the idea of Michael Uslan writing The Shadow sounds good to me. Doesn't say whether it's a one-shot, or how many issues. Have to assume it's not an ongoing. Nice to see the Golden Age Green Hornet getting more and more face time. After a long gap since the end of Matt Wagner's GH Year One, we got the GHYO Annual, Masks, Mark Waid's Green Hornet, and now a Shadow/GH crossover. If this keeps up I'll hardly miss dropping GH Legacy.
      DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Sounds very cool!!

Comment

Count me in! I'm down for anything pulp related put out by Dynamite and will support the entire line the best I can.

Comment

Another one for my pull sheet!!!!
            Dam you Dynamite! I started out just buying one title. Now you've upped my count by another one.

Comment

Is it possible that The GIRASOL of The Shadow... like The Cosmic Cube in the Marvel Universe... holds within the ultimate power on earth?

That's the only thing that gives me pause here. I certainly hope that's more hyperbole than literal. Because the idea of the Shadow and the Green Hornet going all cosmic and science-fictiony doesn't sit well at all. Fingers crossed.
              DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

They need to find a way to tie all of these books together into one universe. That would be fun! I know I and others here piece them together but yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadster View Post
                  They need to find a way to tie all of these books together into one universe. That would be fun! I know I and others here piece them together but yeah.
                  Isn't that what MASKS is for? I mean, you're never really going to tie in the regular Spider and Green Hornet (Legacy) ongoing titles, since they obviously don't take place in the 1930s/40s, but other than that.

Comment

One of my all time favorite characters with one of my newly (3 years ago) discovered characters in one comic? Yes please.

Comment

Any idea how many issues in this series?

Comment

I am truly looking forward to this.

Comment

http://m.craveonline.com/comics/prev...et-dark-nights

Heres a preview. Sorry about it being a mobile site. Also it comes out July 10 and will be 5 issues.
                          Last edited by johnpisme; 05-08-2013, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpisme View Post
                            http://m.craveonline.com/comics/prev...et-dark-nights

Heres a preview. Sorry about it being a mobile site. Also it comes out July 10 and will be 5 issues.
                            Interesting but i don't really consider 2 pages a preview. After the covers that's all we get of the acctual comic.
                            Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                            Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                            http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
                              Interesting but i don't really consider 2 pages a preview. After the covers that's all we get of the acctual comic.
                              True it's not a real preview but it gives some idea how the art will look. Pretty good pencil work on those two pages I think though.

Comment

Working...
                              X