Thank You Dynamite!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You Dynamite!

So I was browsing the Dynamite website in the "titles" section trying to decide if I should try a new character in addition to those I already follow and I stumbled upon this:

http://dynamite.com/htmlfiles/viewPr...RO=C1606901567

I am really excited that this series is finally coming out in TPB form, day one purchase for me.

and yes... I did decide to try out a character/series I hadn't read before.

This is cool they are finally getting around to putting the series out as a collection. I have all the issues and I loved it. Wonder if the "Vol. 1" implies a Vol. 2?

I really wish there was some recourse to fix the way they screwed up the final issue though. They misprinted a whole page, I believe the art on a page toward the end is a copy of a previous page, but with the correct word bubbles for that page. I really wanted to bind that series in hardcover, but feel like I can't due to that. Was waiting to see if there was anything I could do about it and hoping a HC collection might be released. Maybe Nick Barucci could comment and tell me how to go about getting a correct copy of the misprinted page?

Comment

I am glad that this series is being collected in tpb form. I would love it if we could have a continuing ongoing series featuring these characters. I really enjoyed the story.

Comment

I was excited about Green Hornet Strikes! at first, and in some ways thought it seemed more interesting than Kevin Smith's version. The story did seem a little drawn-out, and the conclusion seemed rushed and cramped (not to mention the excruciating delay in getting the final chapter, and the printing error). Ultimately it felt disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
          Ultimately it felt disappointing.
          i thought it was a very interesting take on the character. i'd read more comics set in that specific universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Son of Tarzan View Post
            i thought it was a very interesting take on the character. i'd read more comics set in that specific universe.
            I'd have agreed with you up until issue 9. Then there was an interminable wait (years) for........................... nothing much worth waiting for. A pretty perfunctory ending that seemed to try to squeeze three issues worth of story into one issue. You'd think after all that time they could have gotten it right. Instead it seemed like the writer and artist worked on it during their lunch breaks over a couple of years. The kind of ending that had me thinking "they shouldn't have bothered". Presumably they finally squatted it out just to be able to justify a TPB collection (the series obviously tanked and it was a money-losing proposition just to publish #10). Still waiting for the REAL issues 10, 11 and 12.

Harsh I know, but I have to call 'em as I see 'em.
            Last edited by pulphero; 10-13-2013, 05:18 PM.

Comment

The kind of ending that had me thinking "they shouldn't have bothered".
              It seemed half-assed, especially with the printing errors, but I'm glad they at least finished it.

So anyway...Will we ever find out what happened to the Last Phantom and last-issue cliffhanger? I assumed that the Phantom in King's Watch is not the same guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
                So anyway...Will we ever find out what happened to the Last Phantom and last-issue cliffhanger?
                That's one I doubt we'll ever see.

I assumed that the Phantom in King's Watch is not the same guy?
                Well, since Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist was much more recent, and it's not the same Flash Gordon, either... probably a safe assumption.

Dynamite always seems to have multiple incarnations of the same character. One thing's for sure, they keep you guessing.
                Last edited by pulphero; 10-14-2013, 11:03 PM.

Comment

they should have the Hornet from The Green Hornet Strikes meet the Phantom of 2040.

Comment

Originally posted by Son of Tarzan View Post
                    they should have the Hornet from The Green Hornet Strikes meet the Phantom of 2040.
                    Green Hornet Strikes didn't seem to be that far in the future. Especially when you consider that the original Kato (though older) is still alive. In fact, I'm not entirely convinced it was set in the future. Didn't see any dates mentioned or technology that seemed so far advanced that it couldn't be the present.

Comment

The only 'future tech' I can think of in GHS is the flying can which may or may not be considered 'future tech' since S.H.I.E.L.D. has them.
                      Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                      Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                      http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Green Hornet Strikes didn't seem to be that far in the future. Especially when you consider that the original Kato (though older) is still alive. In fact, I'm not entirely convinced it was set in the future. Didn't see any dates mentioned or technology that seemed so far advanced that it couldn't be the present.
                        It was said to be a near future in the solicitation for #1.

So you know...An hour from now.

Comment

It was said to be a near future in the solicitation for #1.

So you know...An hour from now.
                          Well... it seemed less futurisic than say, Max Headroom. So probably less than 20 minutes.

Comment

In addition to Green Hornet Strikes Dynamite is also finally releasing the last TPB of Zorro Rides again. So happy I get to complete my Dynamite Zorro collection!

http://www.amazon.com/Zorro-Rides-Ag...ro+rides+again

Comment

Working...
                            X