No announcement yet.

The Miss Fury series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still have to buy #10 and #11 . . . they didn't have #10 out at the store where I went to that week, and I didn't make it to a comic book shop this last Wednesday (partly because allergies were still killing me, but I think I'm over that now).

Comment

• The credits said #11 was illustrated by Jack Hebert but it looked a lot like Jonathan Lau to me. Not that I mind, both are among my favorites. The art is excellent, as have all issues in this title. But it just seemed different.

Anybody else notice a difference?

Comment

• Hated this series from a concept standpoint at first, but loved the wild and crazy ride that always kept me guessing. (And plenty of Nazis / WWII settings as well!)

Sorry to see this series end, but hopefully Marla is happy (for now, at least).

Comment

• Originally posted by Britt68 View Post
          The credits said #11 was illustrated by Jack Hebert but it looked a lot like Jonathan Lau to me. Not that I mind, both are among my favorites. The art is excellent, as have all issues in this title. But it just seemed different.

Anybody else notice a difference?
          Art in this issue seemed similar enough to #10 (which also is credited to Herbert). And I don't see a separate inking credit, so that's not a possibility.

Comment

• That final issue was totally bizarre, but I had come to expect that with this title.

I do hope there could be a mini-series with Marla again in the future (but set mainly in the past). Would have loved to have a Shadow and Miss Fury team-up special . . . it would be interesting to see how The Shadow dealt with Marla's time / dimension-jumping abilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
              Just as Noir was about to come out, there was an interview in which the possibility of multiple volumes of that book could be released with a different gathering of characters each time.

Now that I know of Noir isn't doing well enough to trigger that, but Masks seemed to do very well. And one of the knocks on Masks was that there were too many characters anyway.
              The idea of a generic team-up book featuring rotating characters (either two, or more) isn't a bad one, but I think from a sales perspective it's better to have the characters' names in the logo in big letters. That doesn't seem to have helped on the issues of Project Superpowers where they took that approach, but I guess it's all relative to how well-known the characters are in the first place. I think we can still expect to see miniseries where the two main characters have their names in big letters on the front of the book, too.

Maybe the answer is to go more along the route of The Brave & The Bold or Marvel Team-Up in the 1970s, with one of the relatively more popular characters as a continuing feature along with a relatively less popular character? I guess that would mean a team-up book in which The Shadow or The Green Hornet teamed up with a less recognized character or characters. Maybe a book with rotating story arcs with those two headliners alternating.

Comment

• I'd buy a 'pulp' team up book. The Green Hornet would be a little hard with him being a 'gangster' and all. But The Shadow or Doc Savage would work well.
                Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
                  I'd buy a 'pulp' team up book. The Green Hornet would be a little hard with him being a 'gangster' and all. But The Shadow or Doc Savage would work well.
                  You know, I'm sort of amazed (maybe "appalled" is more apt) at how many people under 40 don't know who Doc Savage is, or know the name, but next to nothing else about the character. Maybe that'll change if a new (hopefully, good, this time) movie gets made. Back in the 1960s/70s/80s, the success of Doc's Bantam paperback series made him overshadow (pardon the pun) The Shadow, The Green Hornet, and many others. But right now, I'm going to say The Shadow and The Green Hornet have the edge in recognition because they have been adapted into more media over the decades. Chances are people have encountered those characters in some form (old time radio/movie serial/comics). Even just in comics, those two have held the edge over Doc. Outside the pulp reprints, Doc had just the one (not even well-known, never mind well-regarded) film, and that was almost 40 years ago.

Not saying it's right, just saying.

Comment

Working...
                  X