Podcast Interview with Ron Fortier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Podcast Interview with Ron Fortier

Check out my interview with Green Hornet writer Ron Fortier!

http://hornetsnest.podbean.com

An interesting assemblage of all things Hornet-related, Mike. Would it be possible to list the podcast running times on the main page, so we know what we're getting into prior to clicking on the links? I just hate to have to pause these things in the middle - it would be nice to know I have the time to listen to the whole thing before starting, especially since I might not get to finish listening on the same computer. I know you can download them and then transfer to a portable MP3 player, but that involves additional time spent downloading and syncing to the player, which for me, for reasons too complicated to explain, involves more than just a simple USB plug-it-in-and-hit-sync-or-drag&drop-file. Sorry to be a nit-picker.
    Last edited by pulphero; 12-21-2013, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
      An interesting assemblage of all things Hornet-related, Mike. Would it be possible to list the podcast running times on the main page, so we know what we're getting into prior to clicking on the links?
      Unfortunately not. The interview is an hour and forty-five minutes. My other episodes are always around a half hour.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenHornet0415 View Post
        Unfortunately not. The interview is an hour and forty-five minutes. My other episodes are always around a half hour.
        Woo. So, like 14 hours all together (so far). This is going to take a while.

You should try to interview Chuck Dixon. After Ron Fortier, he had the biggest part in NOW's Green Hornet. You could interview Mike Baron about the Kato miniseries too. At one time NOW had announced they would be doing a third Kato miniseries, but it never materialized. However, a couple of years later Baron wrote a Bruce Lee miniseries for Malibu Comics, that seemed suspiciously like a lightly-rewritten Kato III (and due to NOW's Hayashi Kato being made to resemble Lee's movie career, it didn't take much).

Dynamite should reprint the best of NOW's Green Hornet comics in a series of omnibuses (omnibi?)

Green Hornet Omnibus Volume One = NOW V.1 #1-12 (Ron Fortier)
        Green Hornet Omnibus Volume Two = NOW V.2 #1-11 + Annual #1 (Chuck Dixon & James Van Hise)
        Green Hornet Omnibus Volume Three = NOW V.2 #12-28 (Ron Fortier)
        Green Hornet Omnibus Volume Four = Sting of the Green Hornet #1-4 + Tales of the Green Hornet (all 3 NOW miniseries) (Ron Fortier & James Van Hise). Maybe throw in the 3-issue Gold Key series from 1967, too.

Normally I could see why they wouldn't want to confuse people by having Kevin Smith's Green Hornet competing with reprints that have a completely different version of a modern Green Hornet. But what the heck, since DE has already had 3 different unrelated versions (4 if you include the movie spinoffs), and Green Hornet Legacy is now cancelled, one more version won't confuse people any more. In fact, maybe a series of Omnibus reprints could pave the way for bringing back NOW's version in a new series published by Dynamite (hopefully written by Ron Fortier, or if not, then by Chuck Dixon). Actually, when I say "NOW's version", I mean the continuity. So much time has passed since NOW first published this series that by 2014 there has to be a completely new Green Hornet than the one NOW last published in 1995, since the continuity is in "real time".
        Last edited by pulphero; 12-22-2013, 03:39 AM.

Comment

PS - Mike, you should definitely send info and links whenever you upload a new episode over to Bill Thom at http://www.pulpcomingattractions.com/ a great resource for news of everything pulp related. He already lists a bunch of links to other pulp-related podcasts, so why not yours?

Comment

You should try to interview Chuck Dixon. After Ron Fortier, he had the biggest part in NOW's Green Hornet.
            All in good time my friend, all in good time!

You could interview Mike Baron about the Kato miniseries too.
            I would love to.

Dynamite should reprint the best of NOW's Green Hornet comics in a series of omnibuses (omnibi?)
            From your "mouth" to Dynamite's "ears". Come on Dynamite make it happen!

In fact, maybe a series of Omnibus reprints could pave the way for bringing back NOW's version in a new series published by Dynamite (hopefully written by Ron Fortier, or if not, then by Chuck Dixon).
            Ron said he would love to write more Hornet stories in that continuity.

So much time has passed since NOW first published this series that by 2014 there has to be a completely new Green Hornet than the one NOW last published in 1995, since the continuity is in "real time".
            Podcast interview spoiler alert..................

When I asked Ron which "Hornet" he would like to write about if he had a choice, he said "Dan Reid" (from "Now" continuity). Dan Reid was born in 1983 (according to Ron's "Reid Family Tree"), so he would be the modern day Green Hornet in that continuity!

Comment

PS - Mike, you should definitely send info and links whenever you upload a new episode over to Bill Thom at http://www.pulpcomingattractions.com/ a great resource for news of everything pulp related. He already lists a bunch of links to other pulp-related podcasts, so why not yours?
              Thanks, I'll do that!

Comment

Hey, I'm the guy who posted a link in these forums to Ron Fortier's "no money kickstarter". Is it fair to think that I'm the one you mentioned inspired you to interview him? Great interview by the way, I learned so much about the story behind the run that was my first foray into comics. Got the podcast bookmarked now, too.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpisme View Post
                  Hey, I'm the guy who posted a link in these forums to Ron Fortier's "no money kickstarter". Is it fair to think that I'm the one you mentioned inspired you to interview him?
                  Yup, that would be you - thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X