• Show
Clear All

• The Shadow NOW series MEGATHREAD!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=46565

Full story!
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Interesting...I'll certainly be picking it up. Not too crazy about the art, though. INSANE amounts of photo-tracing...makes it look posed. But, then again, what the hell do I know?

I vote you get Andrew Helfer and Kyle Baker in to finish their story from the DC run.

THAT was some great comics, there.
    Last edited by LetsRollKato; 07-11-2013, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Didnt even read past David Liss and Colton Worley...FUCK YES! Take my money Dynamite, their pulp dream team, backtogether again.

Comment

i'll pick it up because i love the character, but i'm not all that crazy about stories that bring The Shadow into modern times.

Comment

I love pulp in a modern setting, so you know I'll be on board for this. I'm just worried a bit about saturation of The Shadow since this will be a 3rd book for the character or a 4th if you count his series with The Green Hornet, remember what happened to The Green Hornet when Dynamite had like 8 Hornet books on the shelf at one time? I'm optimistic though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRetroVideoGameAddict View Post
            I'm just worried a bit about saturation of The Shadow since this will be a 3rd book for the character or a 4th if you count his series with The Green Hornet, remember what happened to The Green Hornet when Dynamite had like 8 Hornet books on the shelf at one time? I'm optimistic though.
            Dark Knights (probably Year One) is a mini series and Shadow Now may also be one. But I do agree on the problem of over saturation.
            Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
            Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
            http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

I wouldn't mind the core book being on shelves along with maybe one mini, but there is just so much of The Shadow going on that it may slow down peoples interest in the character. Same could be said (once again) about The Green Hornet with multiple books on shelves featuring the character.

Comment

Normally I'm not too crazy about it when they modernize pulp heroes, but Liss & Worley showed how to do it right with The Spider, so I'm definitely onboard for this. Should be interesting to compare and contrast with Chaykin's 1980s update of The Shadow in Blood and Judgment.

Comment

The Shadow NOW series MEGATHREAD!

An 8-page preview of next week's Shadow NOW is available at Comic Book Resources. Liss and Worley nail it once AGAIN. The connection to Howard Chaykin's "Blood and Judgment" is obvious to anyone who's read it, yet completely transparent to those that haven't. Which is exactly as it should be. And frankly, this makes "Blood and Judgment" look rather weak by comparison (which again, is exactly as it should be, and better than I'd hoped for.).

Comment

looking forward to this. and i really love that cover too.

Comment

Color me impressed so far. I wouldn't be surprised if the combination of the creative team with the name recognition of The Shadow led to an instant sell-out, and possibly even a new sales record for a Dynamite title. Should be quite a boost for both Liss and Worley's resumes, and lead to bigger opportunities for them in the near future.

Comment

Very impressive, its top quality stuff just like their run on The Spider, I know lots of people are really stoked for this book and I think they'll be pleasantly surprised.
                        Dynamite Entertainment
                        Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

The Shadow NOW

What did everyone think of The Shadow NOW #1?

Comment

I loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
                              I loved it.
                              Well there you go. Now lock this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X