Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The King Watch/Flash Gordon/Phantom/Mandrake MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would also like to read a new Mandrake, the Magician-series. Perhaps set during the 30ies or 40ies. What about the still misssing third part of the never finished Marvel-series or a completed reprint of the whole series? I loved it. And how about a teaming with The Shadow or The Phantom? What about the rights to Doc Savage? We still got no No.18 from the different competitor! A new teaming between this two characters would be great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big-red-cheese View Post
      I would also like to read a new Mandrake, the Magician-series ... And how about a teaming with ... The Phantom?
      And, as if by magic...

Flash Gordon, The Phantom and Mandrake Team-Up in KINGS WATCH

Comment

• Flash Gordon, The Phantom and Mandrake Team-Up in KINGS WATCH

Flash Gordon, The Phantom and Mandrake Team-Up in KINGS WATCH

And it's by Jeff Parker!

Comment

• Looks & sounds good. They seem to have a handle on the characters' roots. The comments about the Flash Gordon & Phantom movies were right on. I really liked the Phantom's movie costume with the shading on the tunic forming a skull.

Anybody know when it'll hit the stores?
          Last edited by Ghornet2; 06-13-2013, 08:38 PM.
          Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
          Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
          http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Good going for Dynamite landing writers of Jeff Parker's talent. I'll be looking out for this with interest.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that it'll hit store's sometime in September.

Comment

• Its a sad state of affairs,to report that I may have to pass.
                With MASKS finishing next month,Dark Nights will take that slot and with DC trying to bankrupt me in September with Batman "Villain Month"AND The Owl coming too,unless one of the other titles I take,namely Green Hornet Legacy or The Spider,get the chop,I simply don,t have the money

However,if Superman Unchained stinks as much as Action Comics did,then there may be a way.

We,ll see I guess.

RALPH.

Comment

• i was actually just reminiscing about Defenders of the Earth with a buddy the other day. this is great news. and written by Jeff Parker too. can't wait.

Comment

• i've only ever read a handful of Mandrake the Magician comics. are there any trades of the older King Comics stuff or the dailies?

Comment

• Is this a mini-series or an ongoing? I have read through many different articles and interviews and still have not been able to figure it out yet. If it is a mini, do we have any idea how many issues it will be running for? Funds are tight and with all the other minis Dynamite has coming out, I have to be picky.

Comment

• i believe its a five issue mini.

Comment

• Count me in for this since I love Flash Gordon and The Phantom! This will be my first introduction to Mandrake, so I'm pretty excited for that.

Comment

• KINGS WATCH backstory flavor!!

Yes, I think it would be great if DE had a few reprints of MANDRAKE, FLASH GORDON, and THE PHANTOM....IN SUPPORT of KINGS WATCH.

Even a 72 page book divided into 3 parts that would showcase these three heroes and their supporting casts.

Dale, Prof. Zarkov, Lothar, Diana Palmer, Skull Cave, Devil, Hero... and the others.

Such beautiful strips have been drawn on these three heroes... it would be wonderful to get some of that beauty into DE comicbooks.

Comment

• People seem to like team-ups, so how about a Mandrake & The Green Lama miniseries.

Comment

• King's Watch....

How 'bout Mandrake, Flash Gordon, and The Phantom.??

And reprints to "compliment" ....King's Watch????

Comment

Working...
                                X