Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The King Watch/Flash Gordon/Phantom/Mandrake MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash Gordon preview

USAToday's Brian Truitt has an article and extended preview about tomorrow's Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist #1. Enjoy!

Comment

Flash Gordon/Preview

Thanks for the link,I'm on board with this.Good luck with this book.

Comment

Originally posted by alton View Post
        Thanks for the link,I'm on board with this.Good luck with this book.
        Thanks! Much appreciated.

-E

Comment

Flash Gordon Zeitgeist #1

How come no forum for Flash Gordon?

Well I just finished reading the first issue and man is it a gem! Just filled with pulpy goodness. From a start that captures Ming to a tee to that wonderfully crazy twist of a finish, I was enormously entertained by this book. Eric and company have hit all the ground running to a rollicking great start.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayPumpkin View Post
            How come no forum for Flash Gordon?

Well I just finished reading the first issue and man is it a gem! Just filled with pulpy goodness. From a start that captures Ming to a tee to that wonderfully crazy twist of a finish, I was enormously entertained by this book. Eric and company have hit all the ground running to a rollicking great start.
            Glad you enjoyed it; thanks!

-E

Comment

I know nothing of flash gordon

all I know is that it has a near identical reputation and legacy as buck rogers

so I picked up this comic and . . .. well this was my face throughout all of it

/)'3'(\

that was pure goodnesss

Comment

Originally posted by Ralok View Post
                I know nothing of flash gordon

all I know is that it has a near identical reputation and legacy as buck rogers

so I picked up this comic and . . .. well this was my face throughout all of it

/)'3'(\

that was pure goodnesss
                Glad you dug it.

Thanks!

-E

Comment

Read and enjoyed. So far, (fingers crossed) this is looking like one of Dynamite's best (wish I could say I felt as confident about Voltron #1, But I'm willing to give it a few issues before writing it off).

One question -- what's up with Vulkor and Kimjo? Please assure me that these are simply new characters, and in no way intended as replacements for Vultan and Thun, and I'll be fine with it. Nothing wrong with creating new characters.

Since you guys were nice enough to make it $1, I bought 3 different covers. I'll be giving this a glowing review on our podcast.
                  DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by positronic View Post
                    Read and enjoyed. So far, (fingers crossed) this is looking like one of Dynamite's best (wish I could say I felt as confident about Voltron #1, But I'm willing to give it a few issues before writing it off).

One question -- what's up with Vulkor and Kimjo? Please assure me that these are simply new characters, and in no way intended as replacements for Vultan and Thun, and I'll be fine with it. Nothing wrong with creating new characters.

Since you guys were nice enough to make it $1, I bought 3 different covers. I'll be giving this a glowing review on our podcast.
                    I assure you: Kimjo and Vultan are in no way intended as replacements for Vultan and Thun. Vultan has a cameo in issue 2 (and will feature more prominently later in the series). Prince Thun joins the cast in issue 3.

-E

Comment

Thanks, Eric. I'm chomping at the bit for the next issue. I think this series just leapfrogged Kirby: Genesis as my most anticipated Dynamite series. You should consider that as high praise, indeed.
                      DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by positronic View Post
                        Thanks, Eric. I'm chomping at the bit for the next issue. I think this series just leapfrogged Kirby: Genesis as my most anticipated Dynamite series. You should consider that as high praise, indeed.
                        I do. I do indeed.

Thanks!

-E

Comment

After reading issue 1 of Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist I had to join this forum to say how great it was. I've been reading Red Sonja and Warlord of Mars from the start and I love them, but Flash Gordon was fantastic. I can't wait for #2 (along with my regulars).

Comment

Originally posted by Greystoke View Post
                            After reading issue 1 of Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist I had to join this forum to say how great it was. I've been reading Red Sonja and Warlord of Mars from the start and I love them, but Flash Gordon was fantastic. I can't wait for #2 (along with my regulars).
                            Terrific! We've been having tremendous fun on the title!

Thanks for the kind words,

-E

Comment

Just wanted to chime in and say I bought the title via Comixology on my iPad.
                              I really liked it.
                              I will also buy the TPB when released.

Comment

Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist #2 in stores tomorrow...

Preview and cover gallery available here at Dynamite's website, or over at my own.

Enjoy!

-E

Comment

Working...
                                X