Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The King Watch/Flash Gordon/Phantom/Mandrake MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait, the full May solicits are out?

Comment

• G'day,

What? The safari suit? If its good enough for David Attenborough its good enough for Jungle Jim. The DE comic has him running around without his pants!

ta

Ralph

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
      Wouldn't that one be really old by now? Perhaps the new one is descended from the old one.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
        Wait, the full May solicits are out?
        This seems fairly complete: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/02/...-for-may-2015/

Comment

• Just got a look at the new Mandrake series. I think I might be able to better art. Didn't even try to read the story just slipped it back onto the shelf.

The Phantom was pretty good. But Mandrake? What were they thinking.
          Last edited by Ghornet2; 02-19-2015, 05:10 PM.
          Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
          Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
          http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by ralphuniverse View Post
            The DE comic has him running around without his pants!
            Well, we can always use more beefcake...

Comment

Well, we can always use more beefcake...
              G'day Well mate, I have no real objection to comic book representations of muscle men. But I still think Jungle Jim should be in a safari suit. This is how I imagine him. There's so much testosterone being given off I think the ladies are in danger of growing beards.

ta

Ralph

Click image for larger version

Name:	Safari-Jacket-of-Clark-Gable-in-Mogambo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	48965

Comment

• Originally posted by ralphuniverse View Post
                But I still think Jungle Jim should be in a safari suit. This is how I imagine him. There's so much testosterone being given off I think the ladies are in danger of growing beards.
                Perhaps there was a previous Jungle Jim who dressed that way in the past? That way we could have both.

Comment

• G'day,

Well the art was certainly different but I wouldn't call it bad. Over all I thought it was a good start to the mini series.

ta

Ralph

Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
                  Just got a look at the new Mandrake series. I think I might be able to better art. Didn't even try to read the story just slipped it back onto the shelf.

The Phantom was pretty good. But Mandrake? What were they thinking.

Comment

• G'day,

What do people think of the new Jungle Jim? The first issue was just the setup up but I enjoyed number two. Making Jim a 19th Century Englishman was great. A fun issue. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

ta

Ralph

Comment

Perhaps there was a previous Jungle Jim who dressed that way in the past? That way we could have both.
                      And now we do have a classic-style Jungle Jim and a new-style one: he's the same guy!

Comment

• G'day,

A fellow who can turn into a monkey... Now I liked the books as I said but really this is a step too far. The King Feature characters traditionally were non super powered -Phantom, Flash Gordon , or relatively modest powers such as Mandrake who had illusion, a type of hypnotism, closer to pulp heros rather then coimic book superheros. I would have been happy if they gave him some jungle animal type powers, acute hearing, ability to track through smell like a bloodhound, night vision etc. But making him a changling is a bit much.

Ralph

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
                        And now we do have a classic-style Jungle Jim and a new-style one: he's the same guy!

Comment

• G'day,

What I hate about Dynamite's King Feature books:

KING: THE PHANTOM #2 Publication Date: Feb 2015 Shipping: Available Soon!

KING: THE PHANTOM #3 Publication Date: March 2015 Shipping: Available Soon!

KING: MANDRAKE THE MAGICIAN #2 Publication Date: Feb 2015 Shipping: Available Soon!

KING: PRINCE VALIANT #2 Publication Date: Feb 2015 Shipping: Available Soon!

KING: FLASH GORDON #3 ON SALE DATE: March 4 Shipping: Available Soon!

KING: JUNGLE JIM #3 Publication Date: March 2015 Shipping: Available Soon!

Basically the entire series has suffered delays. All the storylines should have finished in April but that's not going to happen. This is not the way to maintain interest in the books.

ta

Ralph

Comment

• King Phantom 2 is due this week. I'm almost tempted to drop it from my pull list and wait a year or two for the TPB.
                            Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                            Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                            http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• G'day,

Maybe, just maybe if their books were out on time their sales might improve!

ta

Ralph

Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
                              King Phantom 2 is due this week. I'm almost tempted to drop it from my pull list and wait a year or two for the TPB.

Comment

• G'day,

OK Phantom 3 is out and as I predicated we have a girl Phantom hmmm.. The character has a costume nothing like the Phantom and looks like a completely different character. Now I have been saying for a long time that a Phantom derived female hero makes sense and would be great but this is not the way to do it. I wonder if it all related to the tangled licencing situation with Hermes Press. Dynamite does the pseudo Phantom while Hermes does the real Phantom.

ta

Ralph

Comment

Working...
                                X