Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The King Watch/Flash Gordon/Phantom/Mandrake MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ralphuniverse View Post
    G'day,

I have avoided the current Kings Quest series and glad I did. I have been told they decided to make Dale Arden a lesbian and the girl-Phantom is also that way inclined. Not interested
    Yeah, I honestly don't get it. Jeff Parker did a great job on most of his Marvel work (AGENTS OF ATLAS, etc.), and even better on DC's BATMAN '66 (and so far, FUTURE QUEST, knock on wood -- hope I didn't just jinx that too). I could accept a couple of twists in the time-worn formulas in KING'S WATCH, for the sake of novelty, but I assumed things would work themselves around to The Phantom being, well... The Phantom, and Lothar being Lothar, and Mandrake being reunited with Princess Narda, etc. But what seems to be happening instead is that things just keep getting more warped.

Meanwhile, Hermes Press was putting out a GREAT Phantom comic book, and has another Phantom miniseries lined up for later on this year. I don't know if that's got anything to do with DE's Phantom being so... UN-Phantomish, but I'm beginning to get that inkling.
    Last edited by pulphero; 07-21-2016, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• G'day,

I don't think DE has the rights to the Phantom any more. This is their Faux-Phantoms.

Ralph

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
      Yeah, I honestly don't get it. Jeff Parker did a great job on most of his Marvel work (AGENTS OF ATLAS, etc.), and even better on DC's BATMAN '66 (and so far, FUTURE QUEST, knock on wood -- hope I didn't just jinx that too). I could accept a couple of twists in the time-worn formulas in KING'S WATCH, for the sake of novelty, but I assumed things would work themselves around to The Phantom being, well... The Phantom, and Lothar being Lothar, and Mandrake being reunited with Princess Narda, etc. But what seems to be happening instead is that things just keep getting more warped.

Meanwhile, Hermes Press was putting out a GREAT Phantom comic book, and has another Phantom miniseries lined up for later on this year. I don't know if that's got anything to do with DE's Phantom being so... UN-Phantomish, but I'm beginning to get that inkling.

Comment

Working...
      X