Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The King Watch/Flash Gordon/Phantom/Mandrake MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget to check out the miniseries Merciless (sort of an origin story for Ming), Chadster. Also an excellent read with top-notch artwork.
    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

I haven't really liked the Merciless mini, but the Zeitgeist series has been absolutely spot on and a blast to read. Everything from the pencils, to the coloring, to the plotting has been nothing short of stunning and if Chadster is on the fence about going all out on this book than I hope he changes his mind. Especially if he really loved this latest issue. Number 5 was awesome because we got to see some characters who I've wanted to see get some time in the sun such as Ming's kid, and more of the Lion's.

Comment

I almost did a double-take when I read "Ming's kid"... WHA?! Ming has a kid? How did I miss that??? Then I realized he was talking about Princess Aura. Kind of a stretch of imagination to call her a "kid".
        DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Consider this run purchased, read, properly placed in my comic book bins, read again, enjoyed, loved, and cared for all in one day's swoop.

Princes Aura is just awesome, the ending of the most recent issue was just pure greatness and I am most definitely on the ship for the hike. Thanks for the encouragement guys!

Comment

Just catching up on some titles after being out of comics for a small while. I picked up Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist #4, loving it like everyone else. But about that dialog error page... is there a fixed version of that, or do we have to wait for the trade to find out what was being said?

Comment

FG:Z is truly an amazing series. The plot, characterization, art, and character designs are all top notch. I feel like Alex Ross is fleshing out a wonderful and fantastic world, filled with great action, aliens, and gadgets. This book has taken the best elements of Alex Raymond's original strips, the 1940's serials, and the 1980 film and blended them into an epic comic masterpiece.

I'm also enjoying the heck out of FLASH's companion title, MERCILESS: THE RISE OF MING. Question for anyone here: Is MERCILESS an ongoing or mini-series? I don't see any solicits beyond issue #4, leading me to believe that it is indeed a four-issue mini. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

The corrected page was included at the end of issue #5 at no additional charge.

Comment

Pretty sure it's a mini, but with Dynamite you never know. I thought the same thing about Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris and was completely wrong. I honestly think Dynamite avoids labeling its books or mentioning "miniseries" or "ongoing" in their solicitations because if sales are good on the first story arc, they want to keep their options open to continue. Black Terror would be a good example of a book that started out conceived of as a miniseries, but then sales were good enough that DE continued it beyond the initial arc.
                  Last edited by positronic; 08-06-2012, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Ah, okay. Thanks for the info, Positronic. Frankly, I'd love to see MERCILESS continue on. I'm enjoying that title just as much as FG:Z.

Comment

The Rise of Ming is a mini, I recall someone from Dynamite mentioning that in an interview with CBR a while back.

I just re-read #5 the other day, I actually read 1-5 in one clean swoop in anticipation for issue #6 and had a lot of fun doing so, it was my 4th complete read through of the series.

Comment

Any word on when issue #6 is due to be released?

Comment

When can we expect a continuation of "The last Phantom"? Itīs time!

Comment

I agree, we need more info about what's coming up for the Ghost Who Walks.

Comment

Awesome! I just checked Previews' website and #6 is out this upcoming Wednesday.

Comment

Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist #6 (To Be Concluded...)

I know that this title has had issues solicited up through #10, but that last issue was originally solicited with a ship date of Sept. 26, 2012. I got a little nervous when I saw the tag line "TO BE CONCLUDED..." at the end of FG:Z #6. Please tell me the series isn't ending....!

FG:Z and The Spider are tied as my favorite Dynamite series. Please don't let it end?

Comment

Working...
                                X