No announcement yet.

The Spider series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would also love to see Lau do an arc on The Spider.

Comment

• I decided to purchase The Spider after seeing the preview pages in the back of another Dynamite comic. And I am glad I did. I love it. That is also how I found Damsels, another favorite of mine. Keep up the previews, they work. (on me at least)

Comment

• Amazing new artist, I lived Worley but Ivan is top notch and I loved his take on Spider. I really liked this enemy as sick and twisted as he was, the masturbation scene was a bit much lol but the idea of this sick villain burying peeps alive was hilarious and suitable for this book. A+ stuff!

Comment

• Do you think this blog or your other may bring new readers to dynamite, manga4Life? I hope so! How many readers do you have? Do you influence a lot of people?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheTerror View Post
            Do you think this blog or your other may bring new readers to dynamite, manga4Life? I hope so! How many readers do you have? Do you influence a lot of people?
            I saw Manga's post on CBR and decided to give The Shadow Vol 1, MASKS #1 and 2, and have pulled 12 Dynamite comics. So it worked somewhat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott M Davis View Post
              I saw Manga's post on CBR and decided to give The Shadow Vol 1, MASKS #1 and 2, and have pulled 12 Dynamite comics. So it worked somewhat.
              I'm flattered

I hope your loving them!

Originally posted by TheTerror View Post
              Do you think this blog or your other may bring new readers to dynamite, manga4Life? I hope so! How many readers do you have? Do you influence a lot of people?
              Well, I've got about 5,000 monthly readers who visit the blog, sometimes upwards to 8,000 if I get a re-tweet from a company like Dynamite or someone partially famous within whatever genre I'm blogging about. I also have a lot of followers on Twitter and Facebook who are always reading the blog, so I guess I hold some ground in the internet space.

Comment

• Man, when I was giving away MArvel \Digital Codes, I was averaging 200 hits per code when i posted on twitter.

twitter is probably the best way to promote nowadays.

Comment

• Nick, I really enjoy the titles. I have thought the writing in most titles has been strong, even if there is a change.

My big gripe is when artists change, the quality generally goes DOWN big time. We get Ronan Cliquet. We get Ed Tadeo. We get Jethro Morales. I know we cant get Jonathan Lau for every title, but I sure miss guys like Jack Herbert, Mike Lilley and most of the artists from PSP.

Please, no more Cliquet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Britt68 View Post
                    I know we cant get Jonathan Lau for every title
                    It only seems that way. That's a relief.
                    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• Wow, this is good stuff!

Hopefully some of your readers will switch over to Dynamite and give these titles a shot.
                      Dynamite Entertainment
                      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott M Davis View Post
                        Man, when I was giving away MArvel \Digital Codes, I was averaging 200 hits per code when i posted on twitter.
                        I know nothing about these, but I'm really surprised to hear that these code numbers can be used more than once. Isn't the sticker in each copy of the book a unique number? I never checked.
                        DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• it was one code. But when Marvel is releasing 10+ books a week with codes.. it adds up.

Comment

• The Spide#8 The Shadow #9

No discussion on these books yet? Come on people......

The Shadow #9 was a fun book, I'm loving the direction it's taken with it's new writer and I'm really hoping that Year One is going to be another home run for the Dynamite pulp line. On the art side of this this was maybe the 2nd issues that I felt was drawn really well by Campbell, he's an okay artist but it seems like some issues are just better than others when it comes to his art and I don't know why that is.

The Spider #8 was a little slow until the end of the issues, but otherwise was a fun read all around. I'm digging the new art (though I loved Worley) and I'm also digging the new direction of the book since the ending of the first arc (which I loved).

Comment

• I've read them both and enjoyed them both but this month I think I enjoyed The Shadow a bit more, but usually it's the other way around. I'm digging this Esmeralda character they introduced in this issue, she was pretty fun and the El Ray character really took me by surprise at the end.
                              Dynamite Entertainment
                              Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• The Black Sparrow was an awesome character, indeed. I'm banking on seeing more of her in this upcoming arc, I'm also betting she eventually breaks free from El Rey and eventually helps The Shadow in the end. Well, either that or she'll screw The Shadow over and pretend to be on his side as El Rey puts through plans to kill our hero of the story. Either which way I'm really into this book at the moment and Black Sparrow is yet another reason to love The Shadow, hopefully she doesn't die on us anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X