Clear All

• Originally posted by Beezer View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I "liked".

Dig it.
    Cheers buddy!

Comment

• CEO

Thanks Everyone!

And today we approved it through issue #14 at least.

And iVerse contacted me to give it an extra push in their e-mailers.

best!

Nick

Comment

• Good stuff Manga, keep it up!

Also, amazing news NICK! Hey Nick, check out the connect function on the Twitter feed, there are hundreds upon hundreds of retweets that came in today from fans who don't want this book to end. It's got a rabid fanbase, albeit small.....
        Dynamite Entertainment
        Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• I saw what happened on Twitter today, I was a part of it, and I have to say that it was pretty incredible. Dynamite re-tweeted hundreds and hundreds of Tweets made by hundreds of followers that had to have found their way to people who have either never of heard of The Spider or were possibly on the fence. I've had now over 6,000 views for the blog post I wrote and I'm hoping that some of them were regulars who are looking to give something a try. Either way, Nick said we've got until issue #14 at the very least.....that's an impressive change from Previews listing issue #12 as the finale. Dynamite is listening, we just have to be vocal and suggest it to everyone we know and help boost the numbers.

Great job everyone!

Comment

• is the full issue of #1 available online anywhere (legally). if not, can it be so we can direct people?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Nolan View Post
              is the full issue of #1 available online anywhere (legally). if not, can it be so we can direct people?
              Here you go.

http://www.comixology.com/The-Spider...omic/MAR120920
              DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• I mean for free.... people may not just take our word for how good the comic is.

Comment

• The #SaveTheSpider tweets are still coming in on Twitter and people started commenting in the FB comments section about not cancelling The Spider, so keep the support up and keep spreading the word!

Awesome news about its extension so far!
                  Dynamite Entertainment
                  Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Nolan View Post
                    I mean for free.... people may not just take our word for how good the comic is.
                    There's a link on the comixology page to preview the book before you buy it. And it's legal, and it's $2, which is half the price of a print copy. I don't see how people reading the whole book online for free puts any money in Dynamite's pocket and helps save it from cancellation. You could always loan your print copy to an open-minded friend, or better yet, buy another copy and give it to him. Or I'm sure he could download the entire run of the book for free off bit torrents (which again, does nothing to save it from cancellation, but is no different than "free and legal", since reading a free copy, legal or otherwise, does not profit Dynamite). Dynamite has tried giving away their comics for free (FCBD 2008 Death-Defying Devil Special) or charging $1 for the first issue (Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist #1) and look where it got those books (cancelled), so I doubt that giving away free digital copies is going to help either. Nope, any way you slice it, the only way the book gets saved from cancellation is if more people actually fork over their money to Dynamite.
                    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• Can someone fill me in on this "news of an extension"? Has there been an announcement?

I have to agree with everyone that being all "doom and gloom" about the possible cancellation of a title in no way is helpful. The only way to help is to try to encourage more people to read it and by actually buying it yourselves. Obviously, pretty much everyone here is doing that, but holding almost a premature funeral for it, which is what some people make it seem like, is not going to help anything. I want The Spider to continue as much as anyone, but I'm staying positive and being proactive. I review it, along with other pulp titles, on a comic review site and I recommend it to anyone who appears they might like it. If it has to be cancelled, then shut happens. Punishing Dynamite makes NO SENSE whatsoever. Dynamite would only benefit from The Spider or any other title doing well. I think they have done quite a bit to help it get readers.

Even if it ends, I'll have Dynamite, David Liss, and Colton Worley to thank for turning me on to a great character.
                      Last edited by johnpisme; 03-29-2013, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Thanks Nick and thanks manga4life for putting in the effort to keep this book going. Its the best coming out of Dynamite today!

Comment

• Brick said in the blog thread manga4life created that its been extended and I couldn't be happier. Until its ongoing.....forever than I will be happier

Comment

• Kill the fly and squish him like a bug for his bad pun lines hahaha

Awesome issue and the girl getting shot was gruesome

Comment

• The response to my quick blog post was outstanding, the amount of #SaveTheSpider tweets that came down the other day and that are still coming down today have been incredible. Thousands it seems, I hope Nick logs on and reads them. Nobody.....NOBODY wants this book to go.

Comment

• My blog post, as short as it was, sparked thousands of #SaveTheSpider tweets over the past 3 days, I'm kinda proud of that lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X