No announcement yet.

The Spider series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would be okay with the miniseries idea as long as we got at least a total of 8 books a year from each title. Just to do one 4-6 issue mini a year would leave me wanting more to the point that I would hate the wait. A 30+ day wait is long enough for me.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• How about 2 and a halfish with different creative teams? I would go with that as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
        I would be okay with the miniseries idea as long as we got at least a total of 8 books a year from each title. Just to do one 4-6 issue mini a year would leave me wanting more to the point that I would hate the wait. A 30+ day wait is long enough for me.
        I would be happy with however many issues they could manage in a year while keeping the quality at a consistently high level. It's like if you have the time and patience to wait for it, you can go to a restaurant and get a really good meal. But if you're in a hurry and need to satisfy your hunger right now, you go to McDonalds.
        DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• I haven't been too impressed with the Spider serial movie look, and would have much preferred the classic Pulp magazine look

Also, ignoring his original era was an other low point for me

Moonstone was more interesting with the Spider, and from Chronicles to Graphic novels, it was more enjoyable to see the hero set in his original time

Old classic days

Followers should have continued in the modern age, even an army of Spiders

Where a PULP YEAR ONE event could have linked to in the future, and an army of Spiders of different designs could come to the rescue of the original Master Of Men
          Last edited by Renaud; 04-17-2013, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Just wanted to let Dynamite know that I have purchased every issue of The Spider published.
            In addition to buying the compelation of the first story line.
            Of the classic pulp characters The Spider has been, and is my favorite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Renaud View Post
              I haven't been too impressed with the Spider serial movie look, and would have much preferred the classic Pulp magazine look

Also, ignoring his original era was an other low point for me

Moonstone was more interesting with the Spider, and from Chronicles to Graphic novels, it was more enjoyable to see the hero set in his original time.
              I read somewhere recently where Moonstone announced another comic book featuring their version of The Spider, so apparently they aren't done with him yet. (Hard to say whether this will actually come to fruition, since Moonstone has a bad habit of announcing titles that never actually appear, like Moonstone Pulp Fiction Magazine, Captain Midnight, and most of their line of "The Return of The Originals" characters.) They also continue to release occasional one-shots featuring Domino Lady.
              DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• The Spider is a book that i look forward to each month. i enjoy the Dynamite pulp books far more than the usual offerings of Marvel and DC. if The Spider is canceled i would be very distressed.

Comment

• When I first heard about The Spider's possible cancellation, manga4life's blog and this forum was one of the first things I saw when I googled around, so I think it definitely helped out. The Spider is my favorite title from all the pulp crimefighters Dynamite's currently publishing, and I tried to spread the word too: http://www.trashmutant.com/why-dynam...r-support.html

I think heroes such as Spider, Shadow and many others of the earliest popular culture crime fighters deserve all the support they can get. I am very excited that Dynamite revived all those characters for the larger public in recent years, although I am knocking on wood and hoping they're not putting out too many titles too fast. But it seems they're doing good so far and they have a lot of very supportive fans, so that's definitely something to be happy about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seņor Pulp View Post
                    When I first heard about The Spider's possible cancellation, manga4life's blog and this forum was one of the first things I saw when I googled around, so I think it definitely helped out. The Spider is my favorite title from all the pulp crimefighters Dynamite's currently publishing, and I tried to spread the word too: http://www.trashmutant.com/why-dynam...r-support.html

I think heroes such as Spider, Shadow and many others of the earliest popular culture crime fighters deserve all the support they can get. I am very excited that Dynamite revived all those characters for the larger public in recent years, although I am knocking on wood and hoping they're not putting out too many titles too fast. But it seems they're doing good so far and they have a lot of very supportive fans, so that's definitely something to be happy about.
                    Great post, and welcome to the forums!

Dynamite loves these characters, Nick loves these characters. I'm in full belief that Nick Barucci want's these characters to succeed and he's doing everything he can to get the job done, and while some titles may not last forever you have to believe that some will last for a long, long time and we shall have them to enjoy for the long haul. I don't think they're putting out too many titles too fast in the pulp sector, I certainly hope not anyway, but I think they should maybe stretch out other releases when they come to maybe early 2014.
                    Dynamite Entertainment
                    Forum Administrator

Comment

• I ordered all the issues I was missing (my store stopped carrying it after 3) from Dynamite directly. I know it ain't much, but I hope it at least gets a message across.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravingnerd View Post
                        I ordered all the issues I was missing (my store stopped carrying it after 3) from Dynamite directly. I know it ain't much, but I hope it at least gets a message across.
                        Ordering from Dynamite directly if the best thing you can do because they see the sale directly. Kudo's to you and kudo's to Manga for writing the blog!

Comment

• The Spider #11 (spoilers)

The Spider #11 was a great book, especially the ending where Wentworth was arrested for being The Spider while in the middle of trying to catch The Lawgiver and The Fly. It was pretty epic. I wonder where the story will go now that The Spider is off the streets? God this book is so good......

Comment

• You know what, it certainly seems like it's setting up for a big conclusion. And that could just be the conclusion of the Fly story arc, or the conclusion to the entire run. But if it has to end, I'd rather it go out on a satisfying high note. You have to admit if The Spider's identity is revealed in public, that sort of puts an end to his activities. Not saying I WANT the series to end, just that if it's going to happen anyway, I'd rather see it go out with a bang. I'm sort of partial to series that come to an actual conclusion, rather than just end.

Comment

• Originally posted by positronic View Post
                              You know what, it certainly seems like it's setting up for a big conclusion. And that could just be the conclusion of the Fly story arc, or the conclusion to the entire run. But if it has to end, I'd rather it go out on a satisfying high note. You have to admit if The Spider's identity is revealed in public, that sort of puts an end to his activities. Not saying I WANT the series to end, just that if it's going to happen anyway, I'd rather see it go out with a bang. I'm sort of partial to series that come to an actual conclusion, rather than just end.
                              It does say "to be concluded" at the end, but the series is all ready to go to issue #14 and then they'll re-evaluate exactly where the series will go from there.

Only time shall tell.

As for issue #11, I didn't feel too crazy about it but I did enjoy it. I loved the art more than anything but I was a bit put off by The Lawgiver, he was kinda "meh". The Fly is great though and really is a fun and engaging enemy in this book.
                              Dynamite Entertainment
                              Forum Administrator

Comment

• really enjoyed this issue. though i wasn't surprised to see who Lawgiver was i wasn't expecting Richard to be exposed and arrested.

Comment

Working...
                                X