No announcement yet.

The Spider series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So lawgiver was corrupt cop? I thought so!

Comment

• So you guys saw that Colton Worley is doing the cover for issue #14, right? Thats pretty cool. Wonder what hes been up to. Havent seen any work out of him and his website and twitter havent been updated in a while. Weirdly, I saw one of his most recent tweets was in response to the Spider's letterer saying he was up for staying on The Spider for a long time. This was right after issue 5. Then he tweeted about a bunch of illnesses he had come down with. Hope that wasnt serious and that it isnt a part of why he hasnt been working much (as far as I know).

Comment

• The Spider is freaking unbelievable, Dynamite couldn't possibly want to cancel this book!

Even if the book's numbers aren't lighting up the charts I'm sure they're making SOME money off of the book, I'm sure there is a profit when it's all said and done and as long as a book is profiting I don't see the point in cancelling it. If the money coming in isn't enough to support the license and the creative team than it may be time to cancel, sure, but I seriously doubt that Dynamite is loosing money publishing this book like they did with the Genesis spin-off books.

Don't cancel it, for the love of God this book is phenomenal.

Comment

• http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...miteaugust.htm

Looks like we'll be seeing more of The Spider after all!

This is wonderful news!

Comment

• Issue number 15? Okay, allow me to go do the happy dance!!!!! We did it guys, #Savethespider hashtag worked and Dynamite is listening to it's fans and readers, this is exceptional and I commend DE for doing it!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheTerror View Post
              If the spider is cancelled after al, the fans spoke up on twitter than I will feel insulted by dynamite. Stop screwing the readers! No matter your sympathetic excuses are people you can't deny this is crap and a slap to us readers.

You realize Dynamite is a business right? The freaking Ceo of the company takes the time to come and respond to post. Nick still comes across as a wendnesday crowd guy. I think that he really enjoys the comics, the way fans do, because he is one. I think he is sincere when he says he doesn't come to such decisions easily. Dynamite is a stellar company, who is in the situation of having to take a big financial risk with everything they decide to make.

When he _has_ to make those hard decisions he will, because he has to keep the company profitable, and thats not him being insulting to the readers or slapping them in the face, Thats him trying to keep the doors open so they can continue to put out great stories. He cares enough about their books and the fans to keep pushing a title when other more bottom line minded people in his position would not, and would not care either.

I will never understand why given the effort, risks and dedication Dynamite has to put into being successful as it is that "fans" will come here to troll the Ceo.

Comment

• I want you guys to know that it's because of this thread that I went out and bought any issues of THE SPIDER I could find (right now that's 1-6...I'll be ordering the rest from Mile High or mycomicshop.com or some-such).

I neglected to pick it up prior because I just simply didn't have the money to start another series but now that the BEFORE WATCHMEN books are finished, my budget opened up and...wow...it really is a fantastic book.

I'm looking forward to #15 and beyond, fingers crossed.

THANK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
                  You realize Dynamite is a business right? The freaking Ceo of the company takes the time to come and respond to post. Nick still comes across as a wendnesday crowd guy. I think that he really enjoys the comics, the way fans do, because he is one. I think he is sincere when he says he doesn't come to such decisions easily. Dynamite is a stellar company, who is in the situation of having to take a big financial risk with everything they decide to make.

When he _has_ to make those hard decisions he will, because he has to keep the company profitable, and thats not him being insulting to the readers or slapping them in the face, Thats him trying to keep the doors open so they can continue to put out great stories. He cares enough about their books and the fans to keep pushing a title when other more bottom line minded people in his position would not, and would not care either.

I will never understand why given the effort, risks and dedication Dynamite has to put into being successful as it is that "fans" will come here to troll the Ceo.
                  Personally, I believe the company is still making a profit off of The Spider or at least enough to keep him around. the book has been solicited up to the 15th issue and will probably go beyond and I think this thread and Manga's blog post did a lot to keep The Spider alive. I seriously doubt Dynamite is actually loosing money by publishing The Spider and if they are indeed profiting and decide to ditch the book despite the reader outcry than I believe that would be ignoring their fans and slapping them in the face. So far, theyre not. I may do a blog post to bring my thousands of readers a glimpse at what they may be missing out on if they're a monthly comic book reader, any little bit I can do to help I will.

Comment

• New Pulp influenced blog post I created on behalf of my love for Dynamite's PULP!

Yes, I love these pulp books! So much that I decided to create a blog post in support of them over on my Retro Video Game Addict blog, thus breaking the rules a bit. Check it out!

http://theretrovideogameaddict.blogs...ct-covers.html

Comment

• Awesome! maybe more people will pick up some of the comics when they read it, like cross promoting games and comics! good post

Comment

• Very nice work, RVGA! Keep it up, any press is good press for Dynamite!
                        Dynamite Entertainment
                        Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Read it. Loved it.

Great support for Dynamite's pulp comics and awesome written blog!

Comment

• The Official #PulpComicsArmy thread for the Twitter Pulp Comics Army members!

Hey there,

It's your old friend OfficialRVGA here from Twitter just popping in to create the official thread for the big Twitter movement we started today called the Pulp Comics Army, or #PulpComicsArmy for those familiar with it. Ever since Dynamite re-tweeted my hashtag it seems to have caught on and people left and right were asking to join so I figured this would be a cool place to talk on the forums together, as well as on Twitter (@OfficialRVGA). Hopefully we get some traffic in here soon, keep talking up the books and keep hash-tagging on Twitter to spread the word, let's make this something big!

Your friend,
                            The Retro Video Game Addict

Comment

• The Official #PulpComicsArmy thread for the Twitter Pulp Comics Army members!

Hey TheRetroVideoGameAddict! Thanks for making the thread. I'm looking forward to having to great pulp comic discussions with everyone! Just to give a quick little blurb about my pulp comic interests so others in the PulpComicsArmy know where I'm coming from.

I mostly stick to reading the hero type characters cause that is my thing. I am currently pulling The Spider, The Shadow, The Black Bat, The Green Hornet (Waid), Miss Fury, and of course Masks (hopefully we get a vol. 2...looking at you Dynamite). So I would happy discuss anything related to these characters as well as others of this style that Dynamite might introduce. This is not to say other pulp comic types out there aren't good, (all of Dynamite's pulp titles are off the hook!) these titles are just more aligned with my reading interest.

I don't have an awesome blog out there like fellow DESuperFans TheRetroVideoGameAddict ( http://theretrovideogameaddict.blogspot.com/ ) or Manga4Life ( http://manga4life-blog.blogspot.com/ ) but you can follow me on Twitter (@SWagner017) and we can talk pulp comics, comics in general, or Science!

Comment

• Nice, the Pulp Comics Army is in full effect on the Dynamite forums! Congrats to OfficialRVGA for coming up with the name and getting the ball rolling on Twitter, you'll forever be the "Captain" of the Pulp Army.

Nice to see SWagner on here too, I like seeing him on Twitter and I'm hoping for more and more of the Twitter peeps to chime in over time.

Comment

Working...
                                X