The Spider series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pulp

I'm not as hardcore into the pulps as a lot of people, I've been reading masks, which has been great, I read the Spider, people with a wide range of preferenced in pulpe and non pulpe genres alike are united in their love of this title. Its hard to ask for a cooler story then the Spider.

I'm pulling Miss Fury, Its been a really cool start, Too early to see the big picture, but I think this series has the tools and the potential to be amazing.

Its hard for me to get into any ongoing pulp that is set in the 30's or 40s. Its nothing against those titles, its just me. I know that the story is over, and there is no stake in the modern world. I'm a fringe minority in that view, and everybody who reads the Shadow love it.

I mean, if pulp is your thing, Dynamite has you covered in spades.

Comment

• Welcome Swagner017

I forgot to welcome you. So Welcom man! its always nice to have another fan around. If you wanna talk pulp I'm game anytime, I'm not t knowledgable about all of the lines though, I follow and love masks, and the spider and am following Miss Fury, with high expectations.

My comic store sold out of Black Bat before I got paid and made it down there, stupid of me to not have it pulled with my other titles, they are ordering more though.

Comment

• Very well written! These characters are just amazing and more people need to know about them and their adventures.

Great job!!

Comment

• Keep using the #PulpComicsArmy hashtag on Twitter and maybe people will start to join in, especially if Dynamite re-tweets it enough times. Anyhow, sorry I've been a ghost lately, I've just moved in with my fiancee and things have been hectic since Saturday night but I hope to be more active as time rolls along.

How is everyone else doing?

Comment

• Thanks for all the kind words guys, I really do appreciate it and I'll eventually put more efforts into more Dynamite related blogs, especially ones based off of the pulp line of comics.

Comment

• really liking your blog man.

Comment

• Really amazing stuff man, even better than mine! Keep up the great work and the amazing writing!

Comment

• The Black Bat #2, The Spider #12, and Miss Fury #3

@James Thanks for the welcome man! Out of curiosity I was wondering what exactly turns you off from the pulps set in the 30's and 40's?

So I went through and re-read some of the previous issues prior to reading The Black Bat #2, The Spider #12, and Miss Fury #3. I noticed something funny when reading Black Bat #1: During the fight with The Brute, The Black Bat breaks his left hand throwing a punch and a few panels later he is throwing the same punch with the already broken hand...what a champ haha.

I thought The Spider #12 was a great issue. I am a fan of all of the networking that The Spider does to get the job done with his team because in all honesty it is the most realistic perspective on how an every man hero would be able to maintain their vigilante ways. It does open him up to the possibility of betrayal which I'm sure could be a possible story in the future. Really looking forward to the upcoming showdown with The Fly.

The Black Bat #2 reminds me a little bit of a Batman year one type story. I like that we are getting to see this character from the start and establishing him as a character with all of the origin information. I am interested in finding out more about the motives of the two individuals responsible for giving Tony his eyes and gear.

Miss Fury #3 has continued to keep my interest, but now I am wondering when we will find out more about what is going on with all of the "switching" and time swapping. I follow all of the time shifting being done by the Nazi organization, but it seems as though Miss Fury is all over the place. I am left wondering why her reaction is so different. Hopefully more answers will come in #4. A question I had after reading #3 is what happens to Miss Fury in the time lines during the swapping? There was some mention of her passing out and "switching" so it seems as though she is physically present in both eras. So what happens if she "switches" at an inopportune moment (like in the middle of a fight)? All of the elements of the story are there right now, I am just hoping we can get a little more information on what exactly is happening with her character in the time switching.

Comment

• I'm not on Twitter but I do love my pulp comics. Welcome to the forums SWagner017 man, glad to have ya!

My pulp reads are mainly Shadow, Spider, and GH Legacy and the Waid GH. I liked Black Bat but not Miss Fury much any more sadly.

Comment

• Read your article again and then passed the link onto a few friends who read it and liked it. Stuff like this can really turn heads and make people check out the pulp books.

Comment

• Like a few others, I'm not on Twitter but I'd love to be a part of the Pulp Army! I've been there since day one and I won't be giving up on the pulp titles now, they're too damn good! Deal me in!

Comment

• I don't think the #PulpComicsArmy should be limited to Twitter, that would limit us and make it seem smaller than it is (and should be). This thread is where all Army members can converse and enjoy themselves, someone should really start a #PulpComicsArmy thread over on the CBR forums.......maybe I'll do it myself.

Comment

• I completely agree with TheRetroVideoGameAddict. The #PulpComicsArmy should be open to everyone! I would love to get some more conversation going regarding the pulp titles and the more input the better the conversations. This was just something that sparked on Twitter is all. Please any pulp comics fans feel free to contribute to the conversations!

@TheTerror Thanks for the welcome!

Comment

• My question to the readers of The Black Bat would be what kind of stories do you want to see out of this book? Also, where is this book going in your eyes? I want to see The Black Bat find a nemesis, someone that will follow him through a storyline and then come back again somewhere in the 20's for issues. A true ying to his yang. I'd also love to see The Spider catch up with the Fly only to see that The Fly was too smart for him which causes The Spider to second guess his role and to train harder to come back and beat him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DynamitePulpReader View Post
                                My question to the readers of The Black Bat would be what kind of stories do you want to see out of this book? Also, where is this book going in your eyes? I want to see The Black Bat find a nemesis, someone that will follow him through a storyline and then come back again somewhere in the 20's for issues. A true ying to his yang. I'd also love to see The Spider catch up with the Fly only to see that The Fly was too smart for him which causes The Spider to second guess his role and to train harder to come back and beat him.
                                I wouldn't mind seeing The Black Bat in print a bit longer before we see him encounter a major, career-long villain. But when he does I'm hoping it's someone that can go toe to toe with the Bat in hand to hand combat and in gun combat, someone that can really take him to the limit physically and not just mentally, someone his equal in every way possible. I'm getting tired of brainy villains, I'm starting to want to see some brass and toughness with these villains and The Black Bat may someday be staring at someone that could take him one on one, or at least I hope so.

Same goes with many of the pulp heroes. Too many brainy thinking types, give me some muscle mass and let's see what these boys can do!
                                Dynamite Entertainment
                                Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Working...
                                X