No announcement yet.

The Spider series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I take so many books,I just lose track.

being over 50 does,nt help.

RALPH.

Comment

• The Spider issue #18 marks the final issue.

I can't believe this title is finishing up with issue #18. We all worked so hard to keep it going with the #SaveTheSpider Twitter movement and now issue #18 is it's final solicited issue. We need to work hard to urge Dynamite to keep it going, write into them, make some noise on Twitter/Facebook, and let's try to get Dynamite to keep The Spider going.

I am really sad to hear that The Spider's final issue is just a few months away......

Comment

• Sad to hear that but I think the character had a good run.

Comment

• Originally posted by peter147 View Post
          Sad to hear that but I think the character had a good run.
          If that's the case, agreed. However, here's an area where Dynamite has improved: The end of a series doesn't necessarily mean you're never seeing the character again. Spider's going to be in the Action mini and it should surprise no one to see him pop up again down the road.

Comment

• GOD.FUCKING.DAMN.IT!

Comment

• Saddened, but not shocked, to see it go. It was truly in the top echelon of titles DE publishes. I guess we have to be philosophical and realize that for every Spider comic sold, there are 1000 Spider-MAN comics sold. We pulp fiction fans are but a small niche market in the larger world of comic book characters. And I know that Nick Barrucci is a huge fan of pulp, because why else would he be trying to snag these type of licenses and promote these characters when there are easier and safer 'sure bets' out there in the world of licensed characters? Sadly, nothing good lasts forever.
              Last edited by pulphero; 08-17-2013, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• terrible news. The Spider was/is such a great comic. one of the best pulp comics on the market.

Comment

• Thats a darn shame.

Just got #13 and thought it was really good.

My DE pull list is getting smaller every month now

With Green Hornet Legacy gone too.

RALPH.

Comment

• This is sad, I was excited when a more prominent company received the rights as I was with the Phantom and this has gone the same way, a little over a year and the character will disappear and access to the rights will be held and while no material is being done. I was upset to learn that the Last Phantom, which like it or not was a Phantom stroyline, ended with a cliffhanger never to be revealed. I say let Moonstone have the rights back and publish stories at the slow rate, its better than the limbo they hang in with Dynamite.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaxwell522 View Post
                      This is sad, I was excited when a more prominent company received the rights as I was with the Phantom and this has gone the same way, a little over a year and the character will disappear and access to the rights will be held and while no material is being done. I was upset to learn that the Last Phantom, which like it or not was a Phantom stroyline, ended with a cliffhanger never to be revealed. I say let Moonstone have the rights back and publish stories at the slow rate, its better than the limbo they hang in with Dynamite.
                      Moonstone never lost The Spider. I know it's hard to tell, since their releases are even less than occasional. They are still reprinting the older Spider stuff in hardcovers and trade paperbacks, and had fairly recently announced a The Spider & Domino Lady comic book series (intended, I think, not to be a team-up book, but more of a split book with 2 ongoing series). Of course, it's a completely different Spider from Dynamite's, so that's no comfort to most people reading these forums.

Comment

• We fought to save The Spider before and won, we can do it again! Write into the Twitter, Facebook, forums, and emails to save The Spider and do everything you can to get your fellow comic book buddies into it, we can keep The Spider from cancellation if we just try hard enough!

Comment

• Best thing to do is to blow up the forums here and shout out loud to the brass at Dynamite and demand that you're favorite titles NOT be cancelled. They do listen, as they've shown before, so any kind of fan reaction should be seen. Tweet, FB, and mail/call into Dynamite and tell them you want to #SaveTheSpider!

Seriously, we've saved it once before so I believe we can do it again.
                          Dynamite Entertainment
                          Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Right now, I'd imagine only a massive upswing in pre-orders for #17 and #18 would be enough to save the book. The harsh reality is that tweets and emails aren't going to make the book more profitable - unless they bring in a significant number of new readers.

Comment

• Noooooooooo! I love The Spider, I'm really sad to see him go and he better show up in some of the other pulp titles, not counting Codename: Action since it's not really pulp. I'd love to see an ongoing series starring all of the pulp heroes eventually, like an ongoing Masks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Bowland View Post
                                Right now, I'd imagine only a massive upswing in pre-orders for #17 and #18 would be enough to save the book. The harsh reality is that tweets and emails aren't going to make the book more profitable - unless they bring in a significant number of new readers.
                                Have to weigh in with Simon on this one. Until tweets and clicks turn into dollars and cents, all the fan agitation in the world is meaningless.

Comment

Working...
                                X