No announcement yet.

The Spider series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I grabbed it a few weeks ago. Helluva deal. They're doing two Spider ebooks a month at a mere $2.99 a pop. The perfect thing to tide you over between issues of the comic.

They have full-production Spider audio books on their site too. two now, with a third in production now. Amazing work.

Comment

http://allpulp.blogspot.com/2012/06/...ack-death.html

FORTIER TAKES ON 'WINGS OF THE BLACK DEATH' FROM RADIO ARCHIVES!

Comment

Just to let people know, Amazon apparently has a free kindle reader you can download to your computer. My sister has used it a little and says it's not bad.
        Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
        Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
        http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

I just re-read The Spider #2 and I'm still blown away at the ending where Hilt gives away who he thought The Spider was and his file to the enemy, what a brilliant hook into the 3rd issue and a great piece of storytelling! I also loved that we got A LOT of The Spider in costume in this issue, I hope this trend continues because Wentworth himself is pretty cool but The Spider is 10x cooler and I love seeing him in action. Man, if you would have told me 6 months ago I'd be a fan of The Spider I would have told you that you were nuts, but here I am.....a fan of The Spider!

I change my statement from before, issue #2 was BETTER than the first!
          Last edited by manga4life; 06-25-2012, 05:42 PM.

Comment

amazing issue, lots of action with the Spider in costume and the plot that ran through this issue was great. especially the end where the cop leaked the info to Spider's enemies, amazing! Can't wait for the third issue to drop, i hope the Spider can beat these guys!

Comment

The Spider #3

This book is just really, really amazingly good, and keeps getting better. Colton Worley's art continues to improve with each issue. I went into this book with some trepidation, knowing it would not be exactly the original 1930s/40s pulp Spider, but once you get past what it ISN'T, and just enjoy it for what it IS, it's fantastic. Maybe Dynamite's best title ever (it seems like I say that lately a couple of times a year, but...) David Liss has done a great job of translating this into the modern world (maybe not exactly the same world WE live in, but still) and making it all work. I couldn't be happier. I guess DE and David realized that for this book to be really successful in the marketplace, it had to appeal to a broader demographic than just those that enjoy the pulp noir period pieces. Yet despite the lack of a period setting, it's got "pulp noir" down in spades.

My only fear is that with anything this good, it can't possibly last. Seems like Colton Worley is bound to be poached by either Marvel or DC. Oh well, guess I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride for now.
              Last edited by positronic; 07-19-2012, 04:28 AM.
              DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

I'm really loving The Spider, even more so than The Shadow and I would agree that it's one of DE's best published works to date. Issue #3 was a fun read, they did a great job at hooking me in for issue #4 (as if I wasn't going to buy it anyway) and everything flowed nicely, but man.....the art is what is really setting this book apart from the other pulp stuff coming out from Dynamite. It's just so damn good and the design of The Spider is just amazing, Colton really needs full-time work with DE should he ever leave this book because he's just such an asset for the company and really hits the nail right on the head.

Good stuff as always!

Comment

Good issue, very good issue. I did feel it wasn't nearly as good as the first two in terms of the story but we're in the middle of an arc and I'm sure once the arc comes to an end we'll get a big finale. Overall this was a good chapter within The Spider's story and I am scratching at the bit to see what happens in issue four.
                  Dynamite Entertainment
                  Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                    Good issue, very good issue. I did feel it wasn't nearly as good as the first two in terms of the story but we're in the middle of an arc and I'm sure once the arc comes to an end we'll get a big finale. Overall this was a good chapter within The Spider's story and I am scratching at the bit to see what happens in issue four.
                    Allow me to make you more impatient. Here are some randomly assorted preview images from issue 4 (these aren't in any order, they're just pieces of random pages from issue 4):

Click image for larger version

Name:	thespider4preview.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	48623

Next month!

-Colton

Comment

Originally posted by Colton Worley View Post
                      Allow me to make you more impatient. Here are some randomly assorted preview images from issue 4 (these aren't in any order, they're just pieces of random pages from issue 4):

[ATTACH]468[/ATTACH]

Next month!

-Colton
                      I hate you.

I love you.

I think you're one of the best artists in comics today.

But yet to tease me with your finely crafted pencils and amazing storytelling.

Hell has a special spot for the likes of you for your relentless teasing.

Hehe, but seriously, awesome stuff Colton, I meant everything I said a few posts up and I look forward to seeing more. Keep it up!

Comment

Can anyone tell me if this an ongoing title or a limited series?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishX View Post
                          As far as I know it's an ongoing book, Nick made mention of this a while back in a press release somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by manga4life View Post
                            As far as I know it's an ongoing book, Nick made mention of this a while back in a press release somewhere.
                            Thanks mate.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishX View Post
                              the first storyline is 5 issues. When the first issue came out the creative team were tweeting how they would like to be doing more. Issue 6 has just been solicited. =D

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Nolan View Post
                                the first storyline is 5 issues. When the first issue came out the creative team were tweeting how they would like to be doing more. Issue 6 has just been solicited. =D
                                The book is slated as an ongoing but the creative team that's on the book now is only on for the first 6 issues with possibly more coming. Once they leave the title it will resume under a new creative team.
                                Dynamite Entertainment
                                Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Working...
                                X