The Spider series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
    The book is slated as an ongoing but the creative team that's on the book now is only on for the first 6 issues with possibly more coming. Once they leave the title it will resume under a new creative team.
    Issue 6 looks like the start of a new arc. I should think they'll finish that with one team, especially as they love working on it so much.

Comment

Lol this book is so popular now that it better be ongoing monthly or I think all hell would break loose among Dynamite readers. Same goes for The Shadow. I do remember hearing it is an ongoing so we should be all good.

Comment

I'm just glad to hear that it's at least not set to only be a limited series.

Comment

The Spider #4

I just got this today and loved it, but it still kind of feels like a mini. Any how, the team wrote and drew this one wonderfully and this book is HEAD and SHOULDERS above The Shadow right now if you ask me, and no I'm not talking about shampoo

Keep them coming Worley and Liss, this book is really something special to comics and I adore it above all of my monthly books right now. What did you all think of the story?

Comment

This is EASILY my favorite book from Dynamite right now. The past two issues have just gotten better and better. Hopefully we see more past this first arc.

Comment

You know, it occurred to me when reading this the other night that this is probably the sort of thing DC was aiming for with its First Wave series that tried creating a parallel pulp world that was modernized, yet still had some elements of the 1930s/1940s. What didn't really work for DC using Doc Savage and The Avenger works beautifully here with The Spider. Too bad DC didn't have the example set by Liss and Worley to show them how it's done.
              DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

I love the presence of The Spider and my favorite page of the book was in the middle where The Spider was navigating around and then the next page where he's shooting off his web guns, just amazing art and awesome storytelling. This has become a personal favorite of my monthly reads and is up as my current favorite Dynamite book.
                Dynamite Entertainment
                Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

I just re-read this issue and it was even better the 3rd time through, especially the dark night and the scenes of The Spider taking on his adversaries. I will be so damn sad when Colton Worley leaves this book, his art is so spot on and Liss' story has been wonderful, this creative team is a 100% home run. I loved how The Spider got a shot off on the girl as he left the scene still feeling the effects of the venom, and the final scene has set the stage for issue #4 which was quite a ride in itself. Awesome issue!

Comment

This issue was off the charts, the interaction between The Spider and the cop who want's to arrest him was hilarious and left me in stitches as I was reading. The hunt for Anput was great and the way the artist portrayed the way Wentworth interacted with his father was amazing, great writing and fantastic art helped to make this issue a smash hit. The ending has once again hooked me for the next issue with The Spider getting gassed by Anput, I wonder what kind of effects it will have on him moving forward? Man, this book has really become one of the BEST comics on comic shop shelves today, this story is just unreal and deserves as many readers as it can get.

Comment

Brief Preview of The Spider #5!

Brief Preview:

Here's a bunch of random images from issue 5 of The Spider coming out some time this month from Dynamite!

Click image for larger version

Name:	thespider5-previewfordynamite.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	48660

-Colton

Comment

Looks awesome as always. When will #5 ship?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMicrozone View Post
                          Looks awesome as always. When will #5 ship?
                          I don't know. Probably some time at the end of this month, I'm guessing, but I'm really not sure. This issue is the conclusion of the current story line. Issue 6 is a one and done.

Comment

Preview of The Spider #5

Here's a bunch of random images from issue 5 of The Spider coming out some time this month:

Click image for larger version

Name:	thespider5-previewfordynamite.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	48661

Comment

Holy mother of...... those panels look absolutely mouth wateringly gorgeous.

This is one of the best looking, in fact one of the best all round packages on the shelves at the moment. SO glad there's more to come after issue 5.

Comment

Wow... so many effects. A glowing hand, swirling smoke, shattering glass, and a pelting downpour. I only wish most comic book movies looked this good.
                                DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Working...
                                X