The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is quite impressive.

Usually Buffy is the highest selling comic outside of the Big Two and Dynamite's best seller (almost always the Boys) hangs around the upper 30s to low 40s.

Comment

• Wow, DE is getting some big orders for Green Hornet it would seem! It's always good to see DE doing so well, hopefully this title can carry this momentum over...
      Dynamite Entertainment
      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Did you mean the Green Hornet Chronicles? Moonstone is publishing a hardcover book and TPB this summer written by Harlan Ellison.

Originally posted by Green Hornet View Post
        I don't know exactly, but my proprietor mentioned that their is a title called 'Green Hornet Classic'.

Comment

• I would buy a trade that featured the Now comics stuff.
          ________
          Drug Testing
          Last edited by Mortalis1; 04-21-2011, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Honestly, since Dynamite seems to be fleshing out the characters a fair amount, I'm not sure I would unless they stated that they plan on treating the Now material as being "in continuity" (if that's even possible with the stories they have in mind).

Comment

• This is not worth starting a new thread over, but I've come across a Green Hornet persona for Firefox, for those of you who want some GH goodness at all times.

http://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/persona/117597

Comment

• To actually respond to the question asked in this thread, I've known about the Hornet for a while but never got into the character until now, so I have nothing for the moment, but I think I might want to have a little Hornet "display" in the area where I keep my comics. Might just have to do a little Hornet-based shopping.

Comment

• I'm not sold...yet.

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
                  Honestly, since Dynamite seems to be fleshing out the characters a fair amount, I'm not sure I would unless they stated that they plan on treating the Now material as being "in continuity" (if that's even possible with the stories they have in mind).
                  It depends. My knee-jerk reaction was to say "pass", because I'm not sure if I'd want to deal with another continuity while I'm enjoying the current comics. But...once all the titles are printed, the mini's (whichever of them are minis) end, and we have a solid established run of Dynamite Green Hornet, I might be interested in picking the stuff up. Just not now.

Again though, I'm more interested in getting the TV episodes on DVD, and all the radio shows. With that, and the comics...that's great material right there, no movie necessary.

-Pistols

Comment

• I'm going to force myself to be optimistic about this.

I'm checking out the IMDB page and Tom Wilkinson and Edward James Olmos are in the cast as well. That's pretty good, in my opinion. Another is Christopher Waltz, whom I don't know from a hole in the ground, frankly, but he won the Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role Oscar (among many other awards) for his part in Inglourious Basterds. Could do much worse.

The movie is classified as an action flick, not a comedy, and it looks like they mean business with the Black Beauty.

Could be a pleasant surprise.

Comment

• You mean Britt Reid wears glasses now? I thought that was Clark Kent.

Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
                      Here's a shot of Rogen & Chou and a shot in character.

Comment

• Love that car...

Also I recently saw a pic of a slimmed down Seth Rogan, he might not be to bad, I'm a little worried about Kato, the actor seems a little to young. Of Course with Cameron Diaz playing "Cassie" or what ever they decide to call her, it might be worth watching.
                        I'll be giving it a shot. I haven't seen any trailers and I don't know how they're going to treat the character, but comedic take or not, I'll be giving it a try. Even if I don't like it, I have plenty of Hornet elsewhere.

-Pistols

Comment

• If you didn't know this was Rogen, would you have guessed? To me, that looks pretty legit.

Gun looks good too...There may be humour in this movie, but I doubt they're going to make a joke out of the whole thing.

Comment

• They look like a couple of dopes. Rogen can't even dress himself. Is Chou wearing lipstick? I guess if you can't top Van Williams and Bruce Lee don't even try. I don't know why everyone is trying to ruin the Green Hornet and Kato.

Here's a shot of Rogen & Chou and a shot in character.

Comment

• Kato Origins #1

On sale this week.

Comment

• Another one?

Yeah, this is the only one I'm skipping. I'm on board for the other....four titles!! Excuse me.

I may even pick this up in trade (eventually) if I hear good things.

Comment

Working...
                                X