The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TwinPistols View Post
    Yeah, this is the only one I'm skipping. I'm on board for the other....four titles!! Excuse me.

I may even pick this up in trade (eventually) if I hear good things.
    What?!

Don't listen to him, DE...He's clearly intoxicated.

Comment

• I'm getting it. I had to order it online because my LCS went out of business in January. I won't have it until next week.

I am very interested in this title. Kato is the most famous sidekick because of his association with Bruce Lee.

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
      On sale this week.

Comment

• My mojo's workin' pretty good still! Got the Worley vintage art cover, which was the one I was hoping for.

Comment

• Just read Kato 1

Very interesting. The art was very good. I don't want to post any spoilers at this point so . . .

We find out that during the war Kato posed as Korean and is pulled into the murder of a Korean.

We find out that he's more than a little sensitive about anti-Japanese remarks.

There are not so subtle hints of a big secret and interesting background info to come.
          Last edited by Ghornet2; 04-21-2010, 05:09 PM.
          Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
          Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
          http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by TwinPistols View Post
            Yeah, this is the only one I'm skipping. I'm on board for the other....four titles!! Excuse me.

I may even pick this up in trade (eventually) if I hear good things.
            Skipping this would be a big mistake. This is an excellent issue. Great writing and an interesting mystery presented. Colton Worley's art is very much to my taste. (I phrase it like that because I have read others praising the art of people who I don't like--so all I am saying is that I really really really really really like Worley's approach.)

So I strongly suggest that you pick up Kato Origins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tulku View Post
              Skipping this would be a big mistake. This is an excellent issue. Great writing and an interesting mystery presented. Colton Worley's art is very much to my taste. (I phrase it like that because I have read others praising the art of people who I don't like--so all I am saying is that I really really really really really like Worley's approach.)

So I strongly suggest that you pick up Kato Origins.
              Glad to hear it's a keeper. I've heard positive things from posters on CBR as well. This is great for Dynamite. Hope they keep it up.

As for me, well...you can't buy everything. (Well, I can't) I'll be waiting for trade.

-Pistols

Comment

• Well, ultimately you ARE buying it, and having read the first issue I think you'll be pleased. Also since it doesn't look like it will have any impact on the Year One series, I don't believe that waiting for the trade will affect your enjoyment of either book.

I also liked the art. In particular, I find Worley has a way with facial expressions.

There is only one aspect of the story that I'm not crazy about but I'll hold off on discussing it until everyone who intends to buy the book has. It's not major.
                Last edited by Captain Canuck; 04-22-2010, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
                  We find out that during the war Kato posed as Korean and is pulled into the murder of a Korean.
                  I have no back material to refer to. Is this an attempt by DE to make Kato's very varied nationality make sense?

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
                    I have no back material to refer to. Is this an attempt by DE to make Kato's very varied nationality make sense?
                    I think that's the point. He was Japanese before the Pearl Harbor attack his nationality was not mentioned for a short time and then Philipino. Most of the 'confusion' comes from The two Movie Serials having Kato as Korean. It was explained in the Now Comics series that he was Japanese but went as Philipino to avoid the interment camps and other problems. I guess that Dynamite is going with Korean and that's fine.

I enjoyed the art as much as everybody else but tend not to rave about art because it can be a very personal opinion. I like the aparent mystery. I may put the other issues aside to read in one sitting like I did with the Sherlock Holmes mini. It's just easier to read and follow that way.
                    Last edited by Ghornet2; 04-30-2010, 08:02 PM.
                    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• http://movies.ign.com/articles/108/1085629p1.html

April 22, 2010 - The Green Hornet has been pushed back from its original December 22nd release date to January 14, 2011. Furthermore, Sony will release the film in -- you guessed it! -- 3D.

A Sony rep informed IGN Movies that the film's release date is being pushed due to the glut of 3D movies -- including Tron: Legacy, Yogi Bear, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I -- already slated for release at the end of the year. (Deadline Hollywood claims 20th Century Fox may convert its December releases Gulliver's Travels and The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader to 3D.)

The Green Hornet, we were told, is not being converted into 3D, a la Clash of the Titans; instead, since it's still so many months out from release, Sony Imageworks will augment the existing footage in post-production to make it 3D.

Variety quotes Sony's marketing and distribution chief Jeff Blake as saying, "We've had a lot of success with the Martin Luther King frame, including Paul Blart. ... We couldn't be more excited about Green Hornet. In fact, we're doubling down by making it 3D."

Comment

• HAS KEVIN SMITH'S KATO ISSUE 1 GO ON SALE OR DID I MISS IT.

Comment

• Originally posted by ultrajack View Post
                          HAS KEVIN SMITH'S KATO ISSUE 1 GO ON SALE OR DID I MISS IT.
                          Not yet. Shouldn't be long though...

Comment

• Would anyone know when Kevin Smith's kato #1 will ship?

Comment

• Originally posted by ultrajack View Post
                              Would anyone know when Kevin Smith's kato #1 will ship?
                              It was supposed to be in April, so if that stays true, well, it would be next week!

Hope so.

Comment

• Kevin Smith's Kato #1 will be in stores May 12th (with #2 progressing faster than #1)

Comment

Working...
                                X