• Parallel Lives

Right on. More Hornet goodness. Lol...

==========================
    GREEN HORNET: PARALLEL LIVES #1
    32 pages FC • $3.99 • Teen +
    Written by JAI NITZ • Art by NIGEL RAYNOR
    Cover by PAUL RENAUD
    “Negative art” retailer incentive cover by PAUL RENAUD
    Dynamite adds another great Green Hornet title! This time around, Dynamite is the only place to read the story before the story of The Green Hornet! Only, this is the official prelude to the upcoming movie starring Seth Rogen and Jay Chou and the Green Hornet and Kato!

How does one man’s actions affect another man’s? Either purposely or inadvertently. Or is it just destiny? This special *series shows how Britt Reid’s actions lead to Kato coming in contact with the Green Hornet and the pair becoming the Green Hornet and Kato. The lead up and origin of one of the first teams in comics! Featuring incredible covers by Paul Renaud (RED SONJA, MS. MARVEL)!

Retailers, check order form for ordering incentives.

==========================

Comment

• Golden Age Re-Mastered

Less sure about this one...

=========================
      40 pages FC • $3.99 • Teen +
      Based on stories by Fran Striker
      Art by Bert Whitman Associates
      Cover by JOE RUBENSTEIN
      A new series of Golden Age reprints featuring the classic adventures of the original Green Hornet! Each issue in this new series of classic Hornet material is 40 big pages, featuring stories all inspired by the man who started it all Fran Striker! Completely re-mastered for today’s discerning reader and collector, Dynamite has also commissioned Joe Rubenstein to create brand-new covers, inspired by the golden Age comics of yesteryear!

Comment

• It should be interesting. The art from that era wasn't always that good and the stories can be dated. In the case the art doesn't look to bad and since GH usually went up against realistic villians it shouldn't be to bad. And lets face it, this about the only way most of us Green Hornet fans will ever see these stories.
        Last edited by Ghornet2; 04-28-2010, 07:37 PM.
        Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
        Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
        http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Golden Age Re-Mastered

Haven't found much to like about the new Green Hornet series so far, but I'll definitely be checking out this "remastered" series.

Would also love to see a "remastered" Lone Ranger series, utilizing the Sunday strips in their original format. Same for Phantom when it comes to Dynamite, but using the Egmont stories.
          Last edited by General; 04-27-2010, 03:01 AM. Reason: addiiton

Comment

• When is this book shippng?

Comment

• It's included in the July solicitations.

Comment

• Is this a series? Or a trade? 'Cos I'm more likely to buy the latter than the former.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsf View Post
                  Is this a series? Or a trade? 'Cos I'm more likely to buy the latter than the former.
                  Read the second sentence in the solicitation.

Comment

• Oooh! I have an audio tape of the Waiter's Union Racket! That's a good one--one of those stories where Britt Reid is shown as being fairly effective against criminals just by being publisher of the Sentinel, although naturally he needs to use the role of the Hornet before the story is over.

This book should be a delightful read. Of course, reading them in groups, one might start noticing a few tendencies that the radio shows had. For example, anybody named "Creavey" is almost certainly a bad guy (or gal)...

Comment

• Where did you see the info? Is it a July release?
                      Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                      Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                      http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
                        Where did you see the info? Is it a July release?
                        Indeed. I'll be more clear on that part of it in the future, if I happen to come across the solicitations before anyone else.

Comment

• Green Hornet Web Series

"Based on the popular action-drama radio series of the 1930’s and the cherished cult-classic 1960’s TV series starring legendary Martial Artist Bruce Lee, The Green Hornet comes alive in the 21st Century in this independently produced New Media series."

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7753169?v=info

http://greenhornettv.com

Comment

• This kind of amuses me. I have had Issue 3 for at least 24 hours, yet nobody has posted about it. The alleged shock that we were told would keep fans talking all year---doesn't seem to be having them talk at all, at least not here!

(Actually, does anybody else recall DE doing the "talk all year" comment? My memory is that they said the last few pages of #3 would have us talking--but the actual last few pages of #3 were, well, not worthy of deep comment. Was it just a typo and they meant the FIRST few pages of #3?)

Anyway, if you haven't read #3 yet, I won't play the part of spoiler. Although, having read it, I now have a prediction about the future plot twists of this story.

Comment

• In the first issue the Green Hornet defeated an entire roomful of mobsters wielding guns and knives. In the third issue he couldn't even defeat a single foe. That seems kind of incongruous.

I am wondering about the Black Hornet. Did he appear in Green Hornet comics before the Dynamite series or is he someone new?
                              Last edited by Mr. Fantastic; 04-29-2010, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tulku View Post
                                This kind of amuses me. I have had Issue 3 for at least 24 hours, yet nobody has posted about it. The alleged shock that we were told would keep fans talking all year---doesn't seem to be having them talk at all, at least not here!...Anyway, if you haven't read #3 yet, I won't play the part of spoiler. Although, having read it, I now have a prediction about the future plot twists of this story.
                                Hehheh...well "The Death" was obvious. I don't think it surprised anyone. Overall though, I thought it was a good comic. What's your prediction? Could it be in regard to the identity of The Black Hornet? If so, I have a good guess myself, on that one.

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                                In the first issue the Green Hornet defeated an entire roomful of mobsters wielding guns and knives. In the third issue he couldn't even defeat a single foe. That seems kind of incongruous.
                                Not at all, really, considering that, in the latest issue, he is at least 20-25 years older than he was when he took on the mobsters.

Comment

Working...
                                X