Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • http://www.newsarama.com/comics/gree...ew-100512.html

    Newsarama reviewed the first issue, they seemed to kinda like it so now I'm excited to read the book and find out for myself. I need a day off to catch up!
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator


    Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

    Comment


    • I just started reading Year One and Kevin Smith's GH ... 1 title great, 2 titles cool ... but do we really need all these titles??? What are there like 5 or 6 titles right now??? I mean I love the Green Hornet as much as the next guy, but seriously can the market really support this many titles? I know I can't afford to buy them all! Where is the logic in so many titles? It's over-saturation

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Crow331 View Post
        I just started reading Year One and Kevin Smith's GH ... 1 title great, 2 titles cool ... but do we really need all these titles??? What are there like 5 or 6 titles right now??? I mean I love the Green Hornet as much as the next guy, but seriously can the market really support this many titles? I know I can't afford to buy them all! Where is the logic in so many titles? It's over-saturation
        While reading comments left after a list of solicitations, someone pointed out that there were 17 Batman-related books coming out that month, if you include all the variations on the character.

        So I don't know what to think. One the one hand, there's a precedent for it, and I can see wanting to establish your past, present and future versions ASAP. On the other I agree that it is an awful lot at once. It's at the point of being difficult to remember which books tie in which ones, when do they come out, how long are they scheduled for, etc.

        Since most of the books are limited anyway, it may have been better to wait until GHYO was over before starting Kato: Origins. Or maybe Strikes! could have come out only after Kevin Smith's version was done.

        But it has to be a little tough for Dynamite to juggle. On the Superpowers board, people are complaining that they want more books than the two going now. On this one, people are complaining that they want fewer. How do you keep everyone happy?

        Comment


        • Just how many titles are there

          Lets count

          KS Green Hornet
          Kevin Smith's Kato
          Green Hornet Year One
          Kato: Way of the Ninja
          Green Hornet Strikes
          Green Hornet: Parallel Lives
          Green Hornet Golden Age Re-Mastered

          That's seven titles. Not many compared to Batman (less than half). Personlly I would have waited an extra month on the two Kato series and until the first two Green Hornet series were almost finisted, or until the first story arcs were done (Are they minis?).
          Of course with Parallel Lives being tied to the movie, they probably wanted it out before the movie.
          Last edited by Ghornet2; 05-15-2010, 10:29 PM.
          Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
          Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
          http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

          Comment


          • You didn't include Kevin Smith's Kato in your list. "Way of the Ninja" is the title of the story Kato: Origins.

            I don't buy all the Batman titles and I'm not going to buy all the Green Hornet ones either.

            Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
            Lets count

            KS Green Hornet
            Kato: Origins
            Green Hornet Year One
            Kato: Way of the Ninja
            Green Hornet Strikes
            Green Hornet: Parallel Lives
            Green Hornet Golden Age Re-Mastered

            That's seven titles. Not many compared to Batman (less than half). Personlly I would have waited an extra month on the two Kato series

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
              Personlly I would have waited an extra month on the two Kato series and until the first two Green Hornet series were almost finisted, or until the first story arcs were done (Are they minis?).
              I'm guessing that KSGH will end when the movie would have and that if there is a continuation to that version, it will be in a separate series.

              Year one, if i recall correctly, is literally 12 months long. Two six-issue stories.

              The only ongoing, I believe, is Green Hornet Strikes.

              Comment


              • Batman's popularity is probably second to none and I can see it totallly supporting all those titles. But Green Hornet?? I think they would of been better off concentrating on 1-2 titles at the most. If I was someone who didn't know this character or only knew it marginally, I probably would not pick up these books, mostly because I wouldn't know where to start! Mini-series, maxi-series, on-going titles??? From reading through all the posts here, most of the people here don't seem to know how long the titles they are reading will last, how is anyone else supposed to figure it out? I also think all these variant covers hurt the books as well. Didn't anyone learn anything from the 90's??

                Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Green Hornet is back, I just wish he was a little more incognito

                Comment


                • I would like to see a Batman/Green Hornet crossover set in the forties.

                  Comment


                  • Where can I see this list? I'm curious where the other Green Hornet titles are coming in? Thanks!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Crow331 View Post
                      Batman's popularity is probably second to none and I can see it totallly supporting all those titles. But Green Hornet?? I think they would of been better off concentrating on 1-2 titles at the most. If I was someone who didn't know this character or only knew it marginally, I probably would not pick up these books, mostly because I wouldn't know where to start! Mini-series, maxi-series, on-going titles??? From reading through all the posts here, most of the people here don't seem to know how long the titles they are reading will last, how is anyone else supposed to figure it out? I also think all these variant covers hurt the books as well. Didn't anyone learn anything from the 90's??

                      Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Green Hornet is back, I just wish he was a little more incognito
                      Well, we are talking about a difference of 17 (that month) against a maximum of seven (some of the books haven't started yet and shortly after they do, some of others will end).

                      So they're not pretending that they have the likes of Batman on their hands, I just used Batman as an example of how other companies do it. Maybe Deapool would be a better example because he's nowhere near as established, yet seems to be everywhere all of a sudden.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Crow331 View Post
                        Where can I see this list? I'm curious where the other Green Hornet titles are coming in? Thanks!
                        Comicbookresources.com and newsarama.com are good for them, but to this point, I've only seen the top 100. Those were the only Dynamite books I saw listed.

                        Usually you get a list of all books for a given month and it lists the number of copies sold. It should be out before long.

                        Comment


                        • Oh, wait...I found it:

                          http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/17449.html

                          So actual numbers then:

                          KSGH #3 = 29,552

                          GH Year One #2 is at 114, w/16,355
                          Kato Origins #1 is at 128, w/13,172

                          KSGH #2 shows up again at 290 w/3,138 sales.

                          Comment


                          • I thought the story was sloppy and in-congruent to the main title.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by zirron View Post
                              I thought the story was sloppy and in-congruent to the main title.
                              I'm a little unclear on the timeline, since Kato1's appearance is so different between the two books. That story can't take place THAT long ago since Kato2 goes on about pretty modern tech.

                              Comment


                              • I was sceptical going in, but I execpt for one thing, liked it. And even that makes sense with in the story. as the newsrama article said, It's mthe same basic character concepts with a new look and feel to them. It could be real fun. I'll be back for more.
                                Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                                Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                                http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X