No announcement yet.

The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I liked the costume the Green Hornet wore in the Green Hornet Strikes. It makes sense to wear where a gas mask when using a gas gun. I thought that would make a better costume for one of GH's enemies because of the protection against being gassed.

This story seems to be taking place in the future. However, there is nothing to indicate how far in the future it is happening. I found the book really confusing because of the two simultaneous stories being told.

There are a lot of Green Hornet versions to choose from. Like Coke, I prefer the classic formula.
    Last edited by Mr. Fantastic; 05-20-2010, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• It is strange but, other than GH Year One, the Golden Age Re-mastered series is the one that I am most looking forward to. Mainly because it looks like they are comics versions of the original radio stories. I'd love it if one of them was "The Torn Map." I have some CDs from Radio Spirits of the original radio stories. One was "The Torn Map" but, unfortunately, the Radio Spirits version contains only the first half of the story--the second half was the ending of a completely different adventure (coincidentally, one that I have the complete story of!). So, bottom line, I have no idea how "The Torn Map" ends!!

So maybe, just maybe, the Golden Age Re-mastered reprints will finally give me the full story. That would be so glorious!!

Comment

• Some art previews in this interview:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=26322

Comment

• First look at August releases

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/gree...10-100521.html

Loving that Year One cover...

Comment

• WXYZ

An interesting photo of some of the WXYZ employees. For those that didn't know WXYZ was the station that originated Sgt. Preston, The Lone Ranger and The Green Hornet. By the way, the man standing next to the Green Hornet is John Todd. He voiced Tonto and was a Shakespearian actor (go figure).
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Ghornet2; 05-23-2010, 11:32 PM.
            Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
            Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
            http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Yeah, it is selling well, for which I am glad. DE deserves to make a profit. But this title is becoming increasingly disappointing to me. Four issues in and there has not yet been a single surprise or unpredictable event. It is a cliche story. Period. I am beginning to understand why this never became a movie--because even the stale Hollywood minds that adore doing remakes and sequels realized that there is nothing new here. Hollywood was right: Kevin Smith's Green Hornet did not deserve to be made into a film.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tulku View Post
                Yeah, it is selling well, for which I am glad. DE deserves to make a profit. But this title is becoming increasingly disappointing to me. Four issues in and there has not yet been a single surprise or unpredictable event. It is a cliche story. Period.
                Yeeeeeah, I pretty much agree. It is.

For me though, the cliche bits were familiar beats hitting with a good rhythm (if that makes sense). Not so with number four. I go a little deeper into my thoughts over on the CBR forums, but basically, I hate Britt Jr. now. I hate him!!!

I think the point is, to turn him around as a character, so that he's more likeable. Well, I wish Kevin would get him there. Right now, I hate his guts. His reaction to the knowledge of his dad being the Green Hornet is false, wrong and uncalled for. Why oh why, Black Hornet, did you miss your true target? You really wanted Junior. Trust me.

But! I'm in it for ten issues. I have faith it'll end well for me. Just get me there guys. Just a minor request if any decision makers are reading: I liked Ivan Nunes on colors, solo. It'd be great to have him do everything again.

-Pistols

Comment

• Originally posted by TwinPistols View Post
                  For me though, the cliche bits were familiar beats hitting with a good rhythm (if that makes sense).
                  I get what you mean. There are a lot of bands out there that rip off the Beatles, doesn't they're not entertaining. It's a matter of delivery, I guess.

My toughest hurdle is the dialogue. Man, some of it is just awful. But I enjoyed Mulan's action scenes plenty in this. I didn't like the art much in the first three issues but I found it much better in this one.

I like the series, I don't love it. What I'm hoping for is that when it's all said and done, there'll be a blueprint for Dynamite to have a modern day Green Hornet for a real writer to flesh out properly. Kind of like going from Batman Forever to Batman Begins.

Comment

• I laugh every time I look at the last panel of ish #4. "Baaaanzaaaaaiiiiii! Ladies and Gentlemen, the panities... have officially dropped." Never did I expect to see such dialogue coming from the Green Hornet.

I know the Green Hornet from the TV series. I always compare what I read to the Van Williams/Bruce Lee portrayal. Kevin Smith's version leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                      I laugh every time I look at the last panel of ish #4. "Baaaanzaaaaaiiiiii! Ladies and Gentlemen, the panities... have officially dropped." Never did I expect to see such dialogue coming from the Green Hornet.

I know the Green Hornet from the TV series. I always compare what I read to the Van Williams/Bruce Lee portrayal. Kevin Smith's version leaves a lot to be desired.
                      I think the reason Mulan is growing on me is simply that she doesn't talk. In this book, that goes a long way.

Comment

• Another thing that I don't get: Why is the Green Hornet jumping through a skylight? He's not an athlete like Batman and Robin. He doesn't even have a rope to hang on to. He should be dead or severely crippled by the time he hits the floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                          Another thing that I don't get: Why is the Green Hornet jumping through a skylight? He's not an athlete like Batman and Robin. He doesn't even have a rope to hang on to. He should be dead or severely crippled by the time he hits the floor.
                          We can only hope...

It's all good. We're at the part of this generic movie now where the hero gets his @$$ handed and narrowly gets away. He's going to lick his wounds, all the while lamenting that his dad was right about what a loser he is, but then he'll have an epiphany of some kind , probably a pep talk by Kato, break out the Black Beauty and everything will fall right into place.

And then the panties will REALLY drop, brother!

Comment

• Ah, crap! I just saw the cover to #6 and totally forgot the obvious romantic angle!

Seriously, dude is just painting by numbers...

Comment

• You know what, the first issue was really enjoyable and the person behind the mask had a "quippy" attitude much like Spider-Man and I found him to be kind of funny, I may end up liking this series more than the core series being written by Kevin Smith right now. I can't wait to read the second issue, the whole story in the first issue with the crime boss exchanging money for info on who Green Hornet is was great, but I wonder if Ried is really dead.....? I guess I'm going to consider this series "Elseworlds" or "What if..." instead on considering it to be canon within the GH continuity, it's still a fun book though whether it continuity or not.
                              Dynamite Entertainment
                              Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Out of character for the Green Hornet or his successors. The Green Hornet isn't supposed to be jumping around like Spider-man making Smart Alec remarks. He is a serious crime fighter thought to be a criminal.

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                                You know what, the first issue was really enjoyable and the person behind the mask had a "quippy" attitude much like Spider-Man and I found him to be kind of funny, I may end up liking this series more than the core series being written by Kevin Smith right now. .

Comment

Working...
                                X