Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What day does Kato Origins #2 go on sale? I know it says June in the solicitations but it doesn't give the exact date. Marvel and DC always give the exact date. I don't know why DE doesn't.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
      It comes out this Wednesday, I get advanced copies because I'm awesome. Just kidding, but yeah, it comes out Wed the 9th.
      Ok
      I was starting to think I missed it and would have to try and find a copy someplace else.

      Do you happen to know if any other GH books are coming out this week? It seems it's either "feast or famine" with them. No books come out for a few weeks, and then "wham" 3 titles in like one week!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
        As for stories connecting, I consider everything put out by DE to be interconnected but through different time periods, I enjoy the continuity thus far.
        That's what I'm thinking too, although I'm starting to have my doubts. Kevin Smith seems to imply that Britt Sr. in his series was the first GH. But how could he be the same GH we see in "Year One" which takes place in the 40's? If they ARE connected, Smith's Britt Sr. must be at least the second GH (which would make him Britt Reid II).

        I will be very disappointed if these GH's are not within the same continuity. The one thing I loved about "Now comics" was their GH "family tree" & tight continuity!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          What day does Kato Origins #2 go on sale? I know it says June in the solicitations but it doesn't give the exact date. Marvel and DC always give the exact date. I don't know why DE doesn't.
          This Wednesday, see the Kato #2 thread that I created today for more details on the book (includes spoilers).
          Dynamite Entertainment
          Forum Administrator


          Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by GreenHornet0415 View Post
            Ok
            I was starting to think I missed it and would have to try and find a copy someplace else.

            Do you happen to know if any other GH books are coming out this week? It seems it's either "feast or famine" with them. No books come out for a few weeks, and then "wham" 3 titles in like one week!
            Nothing else from GH this week otherwise I would have recieved it in my shipment today but I do believe next week we will see either Kato Origins #2 or GH Strikes #2 (if not both). I may be off a week so don't quote me
            Dynamite Entertainment
            Forum Administrator


            Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by GreenHornet0415 View Post
              I will be very disappointed if these GH's are not within the same continuity.
              I originally thought they were as the books were starting to come out, but gave up on it. They seem to refer to the Origins/Year One characters as one set, Kevin Smith's as another, and Parallel Lives as a third. Oh, I guess Strikes is a fourth.

              I think that's kind of a drag too. If they wanted Keving Smith's version to eventually be their flagship, current day version, they could have worked the history back to Wagner's version and tied it all together with a "middle" generation to reveal at a later time. As it is, it feels like I'm buying a bunch of elseworlds stuff without an actual anchor character to deviate from.

              Comment


              • Iron Man vs Bruce Lee

                Iron Man vs Bruce Lee plus Iron Baby.

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywu1D...960&feature=iv

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyoA4LXQco4

                Comment


                • I saw a collection of Green Hornet comics by Now Publications for sale at a store. Are they worth getting?

                  Comment


                  • It's all good

                    Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    I saw a collection of Green Hornet comics by Now Publications for sale at a store. Are they worth getting?
                    Definitly! The art was pretty good and the stories were great. They had some interesting sub plots that occasionally overshadowed the main story, but it was always enjoyable.
                    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

                    Comment


                    • The Green Hornet Chronicles

                      Apologies if this has been discussed here already, but I don't recall seeing it.

                      http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=25265

                      In June, the publisher (Moonstone) best known for its comics focusing on "The Phantom" and "Captain Action" will publish "The Green Hornet Chronicles" a prose anthology containing over 300 pages of hard hitting heroic fiction set within the world of the original TV series. And on top of contributions from writers like Robert Greenberg and Greg Cox as well as an introduction by the Green Hornet himself, Van Williams, the "Chronicles" anthology will feature an unlikely crossover: the first meeting of the Hornet and the Phantom as written by science fiction legend Harlan Ellison...

                      Sort of.

                      Comment


                      • I mentioned it briefly in "How Many Green Hornet Series Are There?" I see that the book is set within the world of the TV series. This is starting to make sense to me now. Moonstone must have the rights to write about the Green Hornet TV series. This must be why DE is publishing all of these other versions.

                        I think they should have waited until after the movie was released to publish any GH books or comic books. The movie would have created a stronger interest in the Green Hornet and greater sales.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                          I think they should have waited until after the movie was released to publish any GH books or comic books. The movie would have created a stronger interest in the Green Hornet and greater sales.
                          They would work if the movie was a sucess. This way they are benefiting from the movie being made even if it;s a flop. I'm not saying it will be, just that DE benefits either way.
                          Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                          Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                          http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

                          Comment


                          • Kato #2 question

                            Did this actually come out? The store I went to didn't have it and I don't want to go to the spoiler thread to find out.

                            I see that there is no Hornet material scheduled for this week either. You know, for all the complaints about how many titles there are, they don't seem to come out real fast.

                            Comment


                            • It's Out

                              Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
                              Did this actually come out? The store I went to didn't have it and I don't want to go to the spoiler thread to find out.

                              I see that there is no Hornet material scheduled for this week either. You know, for all the complaints about how many titles there are, they don't seem to come out real fast.
                              It did indeed come out. I'm not following (waiting for the TPB) KS's Green Hornet but this book is interesting.
                              Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                              Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                              http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

                              Comment


                              • Buzz Horn?

                                I'm not a big soccer fan but I have occasionally checked the World Cup. Does the incredibly annoying Buzz Horn sound familiar to fans of the Green Hornet Radio series?
                                Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                                Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                                http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X