No announcement yet.

The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am gonna assume you've read all the comics from then and now. I am going to assume you've listened to all radio programs... both movie serials and watched the 60's TV show?

Because I have.

If you've done all that then I think your opinion is valid.

The Green Hornet isn't a comedic role. It'd be like putting Othello in A Midsummer Night's Dream. It doesn't work and if you have to use crude humour which Seth Rogen is famous for to sell a movie about an American Icon... then no, I won't go see the movie. It doesn't mean I have to curtail my opinion about it either.

Comment

• The Green Hornet was given a serious demeanor because he is a crime fighter who lets on he is a gangster.

Originally posted by Hornet-Lover View Post
      The original GH was given a serious nature because it was set soon after the depression and directly in WW2.
      Last edited by Mr. Fantastic; 06-29-2010, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by zirron View Post
        I am gonna assume you've read all the comics from then and now. I am going to assume you've listened to all radio programs... both movie serials and watched the 60's TV show?

Because I have.

If you've done all that then I think your opinion is valid.

The Green Hornet isn't a comedic role. It'd be like putting Othello in A Midsummer Night's Dream. It doesn't work and if you have to use crude humour which Seth Rogen is famous for to sell a movie about an American Icon... then no, I won't go see the movie. It doesn't mean I have to curtail my opinion about it either.

Be that as it may, you never judge a book by it's cover. I've learned that lesson many times in the past and now I never pre judge because it's ignorant to pass judment or assume something is going to be terrible before ever seeing it. While Seth Rogan is a comedic actor, and I'm sure there will be some comedy in this movie, we don't know how he is going to totally approach this role.

Let's give it time people.
        Dynamite Entertainment
        Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
          Be that as it may, you never judge a book by it's cover. I've learned that lesson many times in the past and now I never pre judge because it's ignorant to pass judment or assume something is going to be terrible before ever seeing it. While Seth Rogan is a comedic actor, and I'm sure there will be some comedy in this movie, we don't know how he is going to totally approach this role.

Let's give it time people.
          Judging from the trailer, there seems to be a little more comedic toch than I would like, but it doesn't show Seth in full Hornet mode so to speak. I'm going to wait and see.

And for the record, I have most of the radio shows that are available, both serials, the TV show and, except fot the 40's comics almost all of the comics.
          For anybody interested in the radio show http://www.archive.org/details/oldtimeradio was ove thirty shows available for downloading.
          Last edited by Ghornet2; 06-29-2010, 10:56 AM.
          Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
          Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
          http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• But you must agree that the GH will not be as serious as the original because he grew-up in a different environment. The modern GH is a lay-about playboy. Which is to be predicted. I mean, you wouldn't think Bruce Waynes son to be serious like his father

Comment

• Don't agree. You are referring to Kevin Smith's comic book. As far as I know the movie is still about Britt Reid as the Green Hornet not his sibling.

Bruce Wayne is to be Batman again. That was only a temporary situation.

Originally posted by Hornet-Lover View Post
              But you must agree that the GH will not be as serious as the original because he grew-up in a different environment.The modern GH is a lay-about playboy. I mean, you wouldn't think Bruce Waynes son to be serious like his father

Comment

• Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                I just finished up the first issue of this series and aside for the first few pages of funny interaction between Kato and Green Hornet, I found this to not be my cup of tea unfortunately. It basicly focused on Kato as a child and what it was like for him growing up in Shanghai, personally I don't get why DE chose to release this series besides to try and cash in on the Green Hornet name so close to the movie release. But I guess its smart business to a certain extent, I do kind of hope DE cools it down on the Hornet releases for a while though.
                Agreed. Even the timeing of the release is wrong. It is a tie in to the movie which is 6 months away. It should have come out in October & November just before the origina release date for the movie.
                Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• I have decided not to buy this series. I am already buying Smith Hornet, Smith Kato, GH Year One, Kato Origins and Sting. And I intend to buy GH Remastered. I think 6 comics of variations on basically the same concept is enough. Parallel Lives can die as far as I am concerned.

Comment

• It looks like the publication date of the Green Hornet Chronicles has been moved up to July 27, 2010.

Comment

• Dynamite Green Hornet Golden Age Reprints

Dynamite Green Hornet Golden Age Reprints

Found this not by promotion but by looking around

Could this by any chance head towards Dynamite's first Golden Age Archives Hardcover? if so, not a bad way to start with 1940's Green Hornet

Comment

• Dynamite's page

http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com...net_Golden_Age

Comment

• original covers

http://www.comics.org/series/194/covers/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                            Don't agree. You are referring to Kevin Smith's comic book. As far as I know the movie is still about Britt Reid as the Green Hornet not his sibling.
                            True. But i actually meant that the Britt Reid in the movie would be less serious due to his easy life, which seems to fit nicely into the Kevin Smith version. And i'd like to point out that they have yet to confirm if the Britt Reid in the movie is going to be the original GH or taking up his fathers mantle like in Kevin Smith's GH.

Comment

• I was hoping that it would be a story about the father of the Rogen Hornet, basically the previous generation, but sadly no, and it only reinforces what a clown Rogen's character is going to be. If anything, it actually made me more pessimistic about the movie, not more eager.

I don't blame its creators; it's awful hard to make chicken salad from chicken...well, you know how that goes.

Comment

• You're confusing the movie with Kevin Smith's comic book series. As I understand it, the movie is about what motivated Britt Reid to become the Green Hornet. His father left him his empire but his father was not the Green Hornet.

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/movie/green-hornet/

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
                                I was hoping that it would be a story about the father of the Rogen Hornet, basically the previous generation,.

Comment

Working...
                                X