The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big GH Backissue Discounts at DCBS

DCBS has about 35 different Green Hornet backissues from the different series for 35 cents each this month. I am taking the oppourtunity to catch up on a bunch of series that I would not otherwise read.

Thought I'd pass this along.

Comment

• Finished Chronicles last night. Very good. A couple of the stories made reference to the Lone Ranger (not by name obviously) and a couple mentioned other pulp characters. Two or three left openings for more stories. Most made good use of some of the radio supporting cast. The only real 'problem' is it left me wanting more and I doubt we'll get a follow up.
      Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
      Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
      http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• I dropped this book because it was boring and delayed.

Comment

• I didn't even notice it was delayed, I knew one issue took a little while to see release but as a whole it hasn't been too bad compared to other releases from DE and other companies out there.
          Dynamite Entertainment
          Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Not really in line with the thread topic, but I don't want to start a new thread for what is a casual observation. While reading the latest issue of Golden Age Remastered I noticed tht each story used a different title logo for the words "The Green Hornet." Quite an amazing variety, really. It was like the artist for each story just made up a new one. I am tempted to compare it to Eisner's Spirit strip, except that none of these is Eisner-worthy. Still, I find it odd that the series never bothered to standardize the title logo.

Comment

• It's good to see a publisher taking the Green Hornet seriously... I think Dynamite is doing the character real justice. So thank you to the writers and artists who work on all the titles. (Even the ones I don't read.)

Comment

• It seems to me that there was a delay between 1 and 2 and that 1 was a little delayed. After that it seems to be doing pretty good.

I will admit that the story has been slow to develop. Before it started i had my doubts, but I'm enjoying it.
                Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2

Comment

• Thanks. I hadn't been picking up Kevin Smith's Green Hornet. I was planning on picking up the TPB but I jsut grabbed all the Smith issues.

Comment

• This comes as a bit of a surprise...lifted from CBR:

=================

The Los Angeles Times reports the film may be looking at a brighter future. Momentum on the film has been sluggish with a teaser trailer late to appear and a studio that appeared to have little confidence in the project. That may change as a recent test screening went well. "The studio had a test screening Tuesday night in Long Beach that went better than anyone could have hoped for. According to one of my spies who was on hand, after the ratings cards were tabulated, the movie had scored a 93 rating in what is known as the top two boxes (the percentage of people saying the film was either excellent or very good) with 83% of the moviegoers saying they would "definitely recommend" the film to their friends," writes the LA Times's Patrick Goldstein. These number are reportedly so good, Sony is even whispering sequel. Of course, time will tell if those test numbers translate to box office gold. They still have to find a way to convey their movie to a skeptical public.

Comment

• I'll admit it, I thought #9 was a lot of fun.

That's not to say that I don't look forward to Hester taking it over, but at least it appears that the first story will go out on a high note.

Comment

• Green Hornet Strikes' story is a 10 issue storyline with Brett and Golden Age #8 completes all Golden Age issues from 1940's, which is why it ends with #8.

Comment

• Originally posted by DudeAtDynamite View Post
                          Green Hornet Strikes' story is a 10 issue storyline with Brett...
                          Any chance the character could resurface down the road?

Comment

• This series has been really enjoyable so far, I've loved the artwork in it and the story has been pretty darn good for a title that I thought was going to end up another Parallel Lives, check this book out if you have yet to give it a read yet and I think you may be pleasently surprised. Seriously, it's damn good.
                            Dynamite Entertainment
                            Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• And now Kato Origins ends at #10.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dyna...ns-101118.html

Well, those of you who thought there were too many Hornet titles will get some relief, I guess.

Comment

• This is really bad news. Kato Origins is Dynamite's highest quality book in terms of writing and artwork. It's even better than most titles that Marvel and DC put out. I will never let these books out of my possession. They will be sought after collector's items in the decades ahead. I hope that this creative team will stay on and do another Green Hornet or Kato book for Dynamite.

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
                                And now Kato Origins ends at #10.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dyna...ns-101118.html

Well, those of you who thought there were too many Hornet titles will get some relief, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X