No announcement yet.

The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The artwork in this book is just awful. It doesn't suit the Green Hornet at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      The artwork in this book is just awful. It doesn't suit the Green Hornet at all.
      Eh, to each their own, but I for one found it to be fantastic and really intense.
      Dynamite Entertainment
      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• #9 was a great issue...

I am sure it's going to end pretty well, because it looks like there's a show down at the end.

Best issue of the line-up so far for the first 10.

Comment

• This issue was intense! I really enjoyed it. The art was a step-back to the 1990s style... so I liked it a lot. Great book so far.

Comment

• Yikes. I know the sales estimates are not entirely reliable, but I didn't realise how poorly (according to them) Kato Origins was doing (about 7100 in September for #4).

Mind you, with a subtitle of "Origins", it was probably to be expected that it would end at some point in the near future.

If Dynamite is concerned about Kato being a hard sell, meet in the middle: Start a new "Green Hornet and Kato" series with Jai Nitz at the helm if Wagner does not plan on going on beyond #12 on Year One. Dynamite's 40's version should have continued exposure.

Comment

• If Year One and Kato Origins were the only GH books that Dynamite published, the sales of those books would have been dramatically higher. The Green Hornet as written by Kevin Smith was the first on the market which is why it sold the most. Dynamite published numerous GH titles overexposing the product. As a consequence, readers overlooked some of the other comics. Another factor is that many fans these days will wait and buy the TPB rather than buy a comic book with a story that is continued from issue to issue.

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
              Yikes. I know the sales estimates are not entirely reliable, but I didn't realise how poorly (according to them) Kato Origins was doing (about 7100 in September for #4).

Comment

• Old Time Radio Shows

In January I hope to start an e bay business selling Old Time Radio Shows (OTR). I have over 5,000 shows on CD including The Lone Ranger (7+ disks), Green Hornet (3 disks), Blue Beetle, Doc Savage & The Avenger. The cost will probably be around $5.00. I'm getting organized at the moment but if anyone is interested let me know.

I'm expecting more Green Hornet and Lone Ranger shortly and I'm checking for doubles and quality.

Anyone on the board can get them at a discount (near cost) if they pre-oder.
                Last edited by Ghornet2; 11-23-2010, 03:17 PM.
                Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Is that $5 for the whole set?

This sounds interesting.

Comment

• I own all the existing Green Hornet radio programs... they are entertaining and fun. You can hear how people talked back then pretty clearly. So, if you would like to know what the Green Hornet is all about... I would strongly suggest you take him up on his offer. =)

</Free Plug>

Comment

• Originally posted by Chiclo View Post
                      Is that $5 for the whole set?

This sounds interesting.
                      Per disk but a decent discount for sets $10 for 3 disks. And that does include shipping, a full CD case & liner notes. Some disks would also include logs and photos and more. Nothing is firm at this point. Still have to double check mailing costs.
                      Last edited by Ghornet2; 11-23-2010, 11:10 PM.
                      Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2

Comment

• Originally posted by zirron View Post
                        I own all the existing Green Hornet radio programs... they are entertaining and fun. You can hear how people talked back then pretty clearly. So, if you would like to know what the Green Hornet is all about... I would strongly suggest you take him up on his offer. =)

</Free Plug>
                        There are a bunch of shows from 1939 that recently became available (around 20 I think) and I haven't gotten a chance to pick them up yet. I'm also checking for quality and miss named shows. Time is probably the one benifit of being unempolyed.

Comment

• Kato is japanese Because his name is japanese.

Comment

• Kato Origins ends with Issue #10

I really enjoy the storyline and writing but in Dec 2010 Previews you will see that Issue #10: The Hellfire Club, ends the Kato Origins series.

Comment

• I get the impression from issue #2 that the artist is thinking of Batman not the Green Hornet, i.e. intense facial expressions and coat looks like a cape at times. It doesn't suit the Green Hornet.

I don't see the Green Hornet and Kato hanging criminals by a rope from a building to get information as part of their style. Again, this seems more like Batman's style. The Green Hornet's usual tact is to use his brains to cleverly outwit criminals to get information and is part of his attraction.

I don't feel like I have read a comic book about the Green Hornet yet. Nobody seems to get this character.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                                I get the impression from issue #2 that the artist is thinking of Batman not the Green Hornet, i.e. intense facial expressions and coat looks like a cape at times. It doesn't suit the Green Hornet.

I don't see the Green Hornet and Kato hanging criminals by a rope from a building to get information as part of their style. Again, this seems more like Batman's style. The Green Hornet's usual tact is to use his brains to cleverly outwit criminals to get information and is part of his attraction.

I don't feel like I have read a comic book about the Green Hornet yet. Nobody seems to get this character.
                                The Green Hornet of yesteryear is exactly that, the Green Hornet of yesteryear. These days the casual comic book fan needs gritty and dark storytelling more so than the brains over brawn storytelling of back in GH's heyday, its unfortunate but I don't think that KS: Green Hornet would be selling nearly as well if it wasn't for the style of how the character is being written versus the way he was written 30-40 years ago. It's an "out with the old and in with the new" world these days and were lucky enough that companies are bringing back the "old" to make them "new" once again.
                                Dynamite Entertainment
                                Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Working...
                                X