• Cap,

Is it really worth it to pick up?

I dropped it a while back.

Comment

• Originally posted by zirron View Post
      Cap,

Is it really worth it to pick up?

I dropped it a while back.
      While things are starting to clear up a bit, if you didn't like it then, I don't see why you'd love it now, frankly.

Comment

• I woke up Christmas morning with only one thought on my mind. I hunted through the presents under the Christmas tree for the gift shaped like a book. I ripped the wrapping off as fast as I could being careful not to damage the book. Finally, I had the Green Hornet Chronicles in my hands.

I needed to read this so bad. I didnít want to ever let this book out of my grasp. So far I have only read the intro and the first two stories. I really like it. I donít want to finish it too fast. I want to make it last and savor it. This is the Green Hornet book I have been hoping for.

Comment

• Roughly how long are the stories?

Alton: Northern Guard #1 is now available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
            Roughly how long are the stories?

There are 19 stories the page count varies between 15 to 25 pages. couldn't get into the Harlen Ellison story but they were all great. Different takes by different authors. All in all a great read.
            Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
            Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
            http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• The first story is called the "The Night Car." It is 24 pages long. The second story is called "I Had The Green Hornet's Love Child" and is 13 pages long. I haven't had a chance to look at the rest of the book yet. You wouldn't like it because it is just like the television series.

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
              Roughly how long are the stories?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                You wouldn't like it because it is just like the television series.
                No, see, I probably WOULD like it because unlike you, I'm open-minded. I'm not stuck in 1969, but I don't reject it either.

Try it. You might like it. There's a great big world out there, Fantastic.

Comment

• I am stuck on quality not the year. Kato Origins takes place in the forties for example. I have high standards. I know what's good and what's bullshit.

No, see, I probably WOULD like it because unlike you, I'm open-minded. I'm not stuck in 1969, but I don't reject it either.

Try it. You might like it. There's a great big world out there, Fantastic.

Comment

I am stuck on quality not the year. Kato Origins takes place in the forties for example. I have high standards. I know what's good and what's bullshit.
                    No, you're stuck on one vision of the character. Anything else is wrong. That's why you complain about inconsequential things like eye colour. The reason you like the 40's stuff is because it hardly deviates from the character that you've decided is the "right" one.

I don't limit myself like that. I can accept different interpretations but if I didn't enjoy any element of a specific version, at least I'd have enough sense to drop it.

How are you liking Green Hornet Strikes?
                    Last edited by Captain Canuck; 12-26-2010, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• You know what? I regret this. No one wants to read this stuff.

Bottom line: I'm open to a number of variations, TV show style included. If you legitimately thought I wouldn't like it on that basis, I apologize for over-reacting to perceived sarcasm.

I've considered getting the book, but proper shipping costs more than the version I want to get, so I'm gun shy about it. I may just wait until the various Dynamite series start coming to an end.

Comment

• Not all the stories are set in the TV era. Most of them are very good, one or two are okay. I couldn't get in to the Ellison story (GH meets the Phantom) but you might enjoy it. It was interesting to see the different writers interpitations of the Green Hornet.

On a scale of 1 to 5 i'd give it a 4.5.
                        Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2

Comment

• I'm a fan of the Green Hornet. You're a person who likes Dynamite comic books. That's where we differ.

Dynamite has put out a number of comic books about television series like the Green Hornet, Battlestar Galactica, and Xena. I am a fan of all those TV programs. True fans want to see the untold stories of these television programs in the comic books. They don't want the characters they love reinvented. Casual or new readers would not care.

To put things into the proper context, my comments about eye color had to do with Kato having blue eyes in the annual. They portrayed him as a white male Caucasian with blue eyes. That just showed me how little the creative team cared about him. I incidentally noticed that the Green Hornet blue eyes as well which appeared to be a mistake. Actually, in the first two stories of the chronicles they mentioned Britt Reid had gray eyes. I know this is a fussy item. I just think it is a nice touch to give the Green Hornet green eyes and he has usually been illustrated that way.

The 30's and 40's are not time periods that I actually like to read about. I like Kato Origins because of its high quality writing and artwork.

There is a place for a book like Green Hornet Strikes. I guess it is not bad. I don't view it as replacing the Green Hornet like KSGH.The problem is that they named it after an old movie serial. It gives fans the wrong impression. DC puts out a book about a future Batman which is more appropriately called Batman Beyond.

No, you're stuck on one vision of the character. Anything else is wrong. That's why you complain about inconsequential things like eye colour. The reason you like the 40's stuff is because it hardly deviates from the character that you've decided is the "right" one.

How are you liking Green Hornet Strikes?

Comment

True fans want to see the untold stories of these television programs in the comic books. They don't want the characters they love reinvented. Casual or new readers would not care.
                            This is the specific part where we'll never click.

Who gets to decide what a "true" fan should like or do? I could just as easily argue that a true fan wants as much exposure for, or exploration of, the character (s)he loves, particurly when "fan" is short for fanatic.

The reason I have no problem with variation in this particular instance is that they're (Dynamite) not claiming that they're writing *THE* definitive Hornet and Kato. We're reading about those characters' kids. We've debated whether it's right or wrong that Kato is a woman, but "Kato" isn't. Kato is male and had a daughter. I don't view that as much different than a book like Batman Beyond.
                            Last edited by Captain Canuck; 12-27-2010, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
                              The only real 'problem' is it left me wanting more and I doubt we'll get a follow up.
                              Did you know about this?

http://woldnewton.blogspot.com/2010/...ser-cover.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
                                I missed that. Good news, but it says April 2011. Considering the delays on Chrolicles, does that mean April 2012?

Comment

Working...
                                X