The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Now Series

They did a mini set in the future called "Dark Tomorrow" where GH was a bad guy and Kato showed up to set him straight. The interesting thing is taht GH was 'asian' and Kato was caucasian. At that point in the regular series Kato was involved with Diana (?) Reid and Paul Reid (GH) was interested in Mishi (The female Kato).
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Yay! Chow is out as Kato!

lets all pray thats the death blow this movie deserves

Comment

Green Hornet in 2010 ahh 2011 ahh...

As if we didn't say it would happen, Nick is already giving us the gears.

Today at the SDCC: Barrucci told the crowd that they will be doing The Green Hornet, and that it should be out in 2010. Kevin Smith is writing, so he warned that it will be ready when its ready.

So do I plan for my retirement to read Smith's GH...Only 9 years to wait then, sounds about right ...

Christ, why of all people Kevin Smith was given any play with this title, self-indulgent, arrogant "let them eat cake" Kevin Smith.

Ranger01

Comment

Green Hornet 2099?

Sounds a little more likely.
          Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2

Comment

G2,

Excellent .....I hate Sundays...younger days it meant Monday and school, old days ...work

2099 made me laugh after 9.00 pm, never an easy thing to do....thanks!

Night all!

Ranger01

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger01 View Post
              As if we didn't say it would happen, Nick is already giving us the gears.

Today at the SDCC: Barrucci told the crowd that they will be doing The Green Hornet, and that it should be out in 2010. Kevin Smith is writing, so he warned that it will be ready when its ready.

So do I plan for my retirement to read Smith's GH...Only 9 years to wait then, sounds about right ...

Christ, why of all people Kevin Smith was given any play with this title, self-indulgent, arrogant "let them eat cake" Kevin Smith.

Ranger01
              I would rather it "be ready when it's ready" than being rushed to meet a deadline and be sub-par. Hopefully we get a good series and hopefully it whet's the appetite of GH fans all over the world.
              Dynamite Entertainment
              Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

We will have to wait and see.These days comics are no longer monthly

Comment

Any news

Any worde on what's up with the Green Hornet? Has anybody heard ANYTHING?

Comment

Baltimore maybe

Thy Dynamite books I got this week had an ad for Baltimore that mentioned something about a "big announcement." Maybe something Green Hornet related? At least that's what I'm hoping it is rather than another property I want to read that is never mentioned again...

Comment

Baltimore Con Announcement

I think the big announcement is a new DE/ Matt Wagner title...what would make it the BEST announcement is that Wagner will take over the Green Hornet title from Kevin Smith...Wagner's Zorro has great art, the book is on time and always a great read...check out the two six part Batman stories Matt did a while back for DC...BATMAN AND THE MONSTER MEN / MAD MONK. You want a wonderful slant on vintage stories given a modern look, check them out, exactly the route Green Hornet should take.

Whatever Matt will be doing for DE, it's on my pull list!

Ranger01

Comment

Green Hornet Baltimore Con announcement

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=23264

Looking forward to this....can someone enlighten me re the original Kato and this new female sidekick, this will breakdown how exactly? Are we seeing a new Hornet in a current setting with a female sidekick.

Ranger01

Comment

I don't know. However it sounds like there will be 3 GH series. Year One set in the 30's by Matt Wagner. Another series set in the "near future" by Brett Mathews. And the Kevin Smith one announced last year set in the present.

Comment

Great news!

Wagner also explained then that, "If you think about it: they both wear masks. They both operate outside the law. They both have an ethnic sidekick. They both have a special means of transportation that's named after a color. It's pretty much the same character in different time zones, which is damn cool."
                            I think it's fairly well known that the Green Hornet was created at G. W. Trendles request as a modern equivilant of the Lone Ranger. But it's nice to see a reminder for the folks that aren't that familiar with the characters. If DE only gets to mention the Lone Ranger by name in the Green Hornet series it would be a nice change.
                            Last edited by Ghornet2; 10-14-2009, 01:58 AM.

Comment

3 Green Hornet Series!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=23937

Surprised there's not more discussion about this on here. The Lone Ranger's descendant is getting a huge roll-out in 2010 with not one, but three series coming. In addition to the Kevin Smith penned series, there will be a Year One series by Matt Wagner (Zorro) and Aaron Campbell, plus a series by Lone Ranger writer Brett Matthews. The question, will these form one continuity, or will there be alternate versions of the character? One continuity would make it a generational saga (which would technically include the Lone Ranger series) like Now Comics did in the 90s, which I thought was very cool. The other big question would be - to what extent can the Hornet's famous ancestor be referenced? Interesting that Matthews will get to do a take on the character. Would that make him the first writer since the radio days to get to work on both characters?
                              Last edited by MadMikeyD; 12-14-2009, 04:25 PM.
                              DECODER RING THEATRE
                              EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
                              PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
                              PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

THANKS

Thanks for the info and link. I knew about the Smith & Wagner Sereies but the other was news. To say i'm hyped for this would be an understatement.

I could see a regular modern series with "regular" forties and sixties series.
                                Hopefully they can get permission to use or at least mention the Lone Ranger by name. It would make a nice touch.

Comment

Working...
                                X