The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
    Sure. His final line was asking Mulan about being into chicks while jumping into a fight. I found that juvenile especially in light of the situation.
    Maybe a bit "juvenile", but I guess I am too because I was thinking the same thing. To me that doesn't make him a "dick". Now if he had said something like "hey Mulan check out that chick over there - isn't she hot!"! THAT would be a "dick" statement.

I don't even include getting rid of the bad guy by dropping his pants in all that because that was out of necessity. But when I read that line I just thought "grow the hell up" (which might apply to Kevin Smith as well).
    I'm with you on that. I didn't like the whole drop the pants, kill the guy thing either.

About Black Hornet: Even *if* (good point) Hiro is dead, I wonder if we're not going to get a female version of that character too? I was reading the solits for Kato and she's going to start causing trouble for Mulan once that series joins us in the present (Issue 10, I think).
    I agree and stand corrected. Hiro IS dead. There is a "THUDD" panel with splattering blood after the falling panel, so he's dead. However, I agree with you that we haven't seen the last of the "Black Hornet".

I didn't mind a giant typewriter on a building that houses a newspaper. I minded a WORKING one.
    LOL, yeah point taken - I forgot it was a "working" typewriter. That scene had "written for the big screen" all over it.

Comment

• Was just reading a pice on the Green Hornet and they mention that he was originally going to be called 'The Hornet' but it ws already being used so they tried several things including color and one of the choices was blue. Is taht why Britt sugested the blue bee in the movie. Makes you wonder.
      Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
      Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
      http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Not that bad!

Well, I finally watched it, after reading poor review after poorr review I had to see If Seth was that bad or not. To be honest I quite liked it. I know Britt is quite goofy and he doesn't really get much cooler towards the end of the film, but the action is quite good and Chou plays a decent enough Kato. I do think that Britt should of started off clumsy and goofy but developed into a more serious role towards final duel with Chudnofski. I think a remake would be best if based on the Year one series. The Green Hornet and Kato would do as a title.

Comment

• They also appear to now have the rights to the former Filmation Studios library (released a couple of years ago by Brentwood Video-BCI/Eclipse). One thing puzzles me though. They claim to own the video rights to SHAZAM!, but I'm wondering how this can be, since a few years back, Warner offered a single episode of SHAZAM! on DVD as a freebie premium for pre-ordering one of their other superhero series shows (I forget which now) on DVD. And one would think if Brentwood-BCI/Eclipse did formerly have the rights, they would have released it, certainly before they did ISIS. I'm thinking that Classic Media only thinks they have the rights to this show, when really they reverted (or there was a buyback option before Filmation closed down) to Warner Bros. Warner has been pretty good about getting most of their media properties back in-house (except that darned Fox studio will never let the rights to the 1966 Batman TV show go). WB has all their other old Filmation (animated) properties, so why wouldn't they get back SHAZAM! ?
          DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• Cast for Green Hornet remake?

Even though I dont think Rogen did a particually bad job as The Green Hornet, it would be interesting to see anyone's ideal actors/actres's if there were to be a remake. That includes who you would like to see as Kato, Daniel/James Reid etc..... Also would you prefer it set in the time of the Year one series or Kevin Smiths Era?

Comment

• Transfered from Green Hornet Movie Thread

I'll take a shot at it.

TV Mini Series: I’d use the extra length to make it a bit of a mystery (see below) through in a bit of forensics and a touch of NCIS camaraderie/team work. The Green Hornet would be the front man/leader for a small team (Kato, Casey & the DA).

Cast: Either Chris O’Donnell (he has the right presence/energy) or an unknown actor who could ‘become the Hornet’. I’d leave Chou & Diaz in their movie roles (doubtful I know) and add the new DA to the team.

Time: Modern times. Maybe as much as five years into his being the Green Hornet.

Villain: A new villain, a mysterious figure.

Plot: The mysterious villain units the underworld to stop the Green Hornet. There would be flashbacks showing Green Hornet's origin and the battle against the underworld and growth of Green Hornet and the team around him.

Misc.: I’d add to the newspaper cast. Mike Axford would go back to being the police reporter and I’d add in more of the radio cast. Ed Lowrey, Clicker Binney and Gunigan would make brief appearances for possible growth in later movies etc. I'd probably go with Smith's idea that Brit didn't like his father, but determined to live up to his father's ideals after learning that his father was the Green Hornet. Maybe even making the 'current' Green Hornet the third of the line ala Now comics.
              Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2

Comment

• I really enjoyed this mini series a lot. I thought the writing and art were very clean and very comic booky.. (Is that a word?)

I was really pleased with it.

Comment

• I'm having an odd kind of flashback here...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chiclo View Post
                    I know you can add to the list of properties held by Classic Media Doctor Solar, Turok, Magnus and Doctor Spektor. I think they have the Defiant library too.
                    Dark Horse's indicia for Doctor Solar, Magnus, Turok, and Mighty Samson indicates that these properties are copyrighted by "Random House, Inc. under license to Classic Media, LLC". So I guess ultimately Random House owns them now.
                    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• Looks like the Captian Action Winter Special (Captain Action/Green Hornet) is out this Wednesday. My LCS isn't so sure. It's not on thier invoice.

Talked to MLCS when I went to pick up my books. There was some confusion between Diamond & Moonstone and it should be out on the 23rd. Though same may have gotten it on the 16th.
                      Last edited by Ghornet2; 03-19-2011, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• The Green Hornet movie is supposed to be out on DVD on March 30.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                          The Green Hornet movie is supposed to be out on DVD on March 30.
                          I'll never get used to how fast this happens now. When I was a kid, you had to wait months.

Comment

• The DVD is coming out May 3.

I would love for the film to make the crawl to $100m US domestic before that happens. 2011 is still without a $100m film, be nice for TGH to be the first. If for no other reason it continues to solidify comic films as viable and help encourage a possible sequel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Craig View Post
                              I would love for the film to make the crawl to $100m US domestic before that happens. 2011 is still without a $100m film, be nice for TGH to be the first. If for no other reason it continues to solidify comic films as viable and help encourage a possible sequel.
                              So you liked it too, then?

Comment

• ^^^
                                I did like it. I didn't outright love it but it was fun. The current main comic is better but the movie was still fun. I hope any potential sequel has the humor toned down a bit. No reason for Brit to be that silly, Rogan or not.

I'm hoping for a sequel anyway. It's made over $225m worldwide and that isn't shabby even if it didn't hit breakeven domestic.

Comment

Working...
                                X