No announcement yet.

The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It does not solidify comic films. The Green Hornet is a radio program turned television program. It's the same idea as Star Trek. There are Star Trek comic books but it is a television program first and foremost. Some people erroneously refer to the Green Hornet as a pulp hero.

Originally posted by Captain Craig View Post
    If for no other reason it continues to solidify comic films as viable and help encourage a possible sequel.

Comment

• Winter Special

Just got a chance to read the Winter Special. three solo stories for Captain Action, lady Action & Action Boy. And and 8 page text piece for the Green Hornet & Captain Action. Not bad, kind of interesting. I enjoed the GH Chronicles and amd looking forward to the GH Casefiles that has been annonced.
      Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
      Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
      http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Green Hornet #14 - spoiler alert

Another great issue by Hester. The energy this book began with hasn't lost any steam!!

Liked how Britt had to do a bit of detective work to solve things. The connection between his police informant became stronger here as well. Are we likely to now see an actual "Green Hornet Task Force" since he made that up on the fly??

Hester did a good job of keeping this nearly 25yr comic vet surprised. Can't say I saw the "twist", if you call it that, of the deflocked Priest having the deformed child.

What about Mulan, is her secret out? I was like the nurse to Britt's reqeust, "Are you serious?"

Kato and Clutch are sure to be bringing trouble home. The Yakuza aren't going to let them skip out that easy. Besides we have to have a way to avoid that ominous cover for next issue.

Comment

• I quite liked this entire first story by Hester.

What stood out to me (in a good way) was Jr's slow growth. I said before that I don't like stories where a guy has a life-turning moment and becomes bad-ass overnight. Jr had to fend for himself but he still showed slightly goofy moments when he struggled with both vehicles. And his plan of just walking into the church, while ultimately successful, still lacked a little finesse.

I doubt Mulan's identity is blown though. To anyone in that place, she shouldn't stand out any more than any any other young Asian woman. She's not a public figure so unless she carries a driver's license there shouldn't be anything to give her away.

Comment

• Green Hornet by Martin Grams & Terry Salomonson

It just came this morning and paed through it. Already very interesting. There's a picture of an early ad for "the Hornet" (no color) and mentions "Kato his Jap butler". the same ad mentonst that Axford was a character from "Manhunters".
            Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2

Comment

• I just finished reading it about two weeks ago. The early bits are great. Yes, apparently the character of Axford pre-dates the existence of the Green Hornet. Which means that they not only eventually linked the Hornet to the Lone Ranger, but started off linking it to an earlier now-forgotten radio program ("Manhunters").

I was originally delighted by the summaries of all the radio programs, but it does go on and on and on and on and sometimes the summary is not the clearest. It became a bit of a chore to read by the end. Much more fun just to randomly browse through.

Incidentally, if Dynamite keeps a 1930s/1940s Hornet book running, I would dearly love it if they adapted Britt's running battle with Oliver Perry (who starts out as a great and respected detective and, through many episodes where he is outwitted by the Hornet, slowly turns criminal).

Comment

• Originally posted by Tulku View Post
                Incidentally, if Dynamite keeps a 1930s/1940s Hornet book running, I would dearly love it if they adapted Britt's running battle with Oliver Perry (who starts out as a great and respected detective and, through many episodes where he is outwitted by the Hornet, slowly turns criminal).
                Those are some of my favorite shows. It would be interesting to see them adapt them to the comics.

Comment

• Aftermath

I'm surprised I haven't seen any comments on Aftermath? It's been nearly a week.

I didn't care for it. The art left me cold and the writing was ok (at best).

SPOILER SPACE

The Green Hornet let the Black Beauty run out of gas?
                  Kato rides a little girl's bike to the scene of the action??
                  The Green Hornet barly makes an appearance???

Yes i know that it's the 'sequel' to the movie, but give me a break!

Comment

• I have yet to pick it up but you're not motivating me.

This book is the only one in the June solicitations with the regular Hornet title. I suspect that's partly to use June to catch up. Hope so, because it's sounds like a pretty weak summer Hornet-wise.

Comment

• President/Publisher

Hi Captain Canuck/GHornet2,

CC - I'm sorry you did not enjoy the art and not the story as much.

GH2 - if you do want to try it, we did offer it at $1.99 as an Introductory price.

best!

Nicky

Comment

• I did pick it up. Of the Green Hornet Series you published there were/are only 2 I didn't care for. That's a pretty good track record as far as I'm concerned

Comment

• Originally posted by nickybdynamite View Post
                          CC - I'm sorry you did not enjoy the art and not the story as much.
                          I actually haven't bought it yet, so I don't know about the art. By recollection, it's the same team as Parallel Lives, right? I was happy enough with that.

My only concern above was with how few Hornet books appear to be coming out in June. I don't want to dwell on that though because I know Dynamite was critisized for puttnig out too many books. I only hope that the reason there are only two solicited is because the plan is to catch up on delays with Kato and Strikes!. I know Strikes was limited anyway, but I didn't hear anything about a Kato cancellation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
                            I know Strikes was limited anyway, but I didn't hear anything about a Kato cancellation.
                            KS Kato came out yesterday I think. I'd heard something about Kato: Origins being canceled and the team moving over to Year One once Wagner finishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
                              KS Kato came out yesterday I think. I'd heard something about Kato: Origins being canceled and the team moving over to Year One once Wagner finishes.
                              I didn't know that about KS Kato. I missed the "on sale this week" announcement. It looks like the main Hornet title comes out the coming Wednesday so I'll probably until then.

The impression I got about the year one stuff was that it would be new series but don't quote me.

Comment

• Publisher/President

Hi Guys,

Green Hornet Strikes has gone "bi-monthly" so that we can catch up. We did trim down the series and are finishing all of the series announced and solicited, including Kato: Year One/Way of the Warrior.

All 3 titles are running behind schedue - Green Hornet: Year One, Kato: Way of the Warrior, Green Hornet Strikes and even Kevin Smith's Kato (now just titled Kato) due to the time for the art to be the strongest it can be.

After Green Hornet: Year One, we will then see about when to schedule the new "Green Hornet: Year Two" (not the actual title).

More news to come.

best!

Nick

ps - and part of our slimming down is due to the criticism of shipping too many titles which also did hurt sales

Comment

Working...
                                X