No announcement yet.

The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Red Hand ever a character in prior incarnations of the Hornet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
      Probably, but don't believe everything you see on a cover

I
      ll admit at first I didn't take to the series, dropped it after 1 issue, but then had a chance to pick up a bunch on the cheap ($1 each). Now I can't decude between, Strikes, Year One or Green Hornet. I guess it comes down to which ever is in my hands
      Do you have the full Hornet (Smith version) run now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
        Was Red Hand ever a character in prior incarnations of the Hornet?
        I was wondering that as well. Is he a character unique to DE? Meaning if once the license is not renewed is Red Hand a character DE can retain and use elsewhere in their books(provided he's popular enough). Red Hand battling The Black Terror??

Comment

Was Red Hand ever a character in prior incarnations of the Hornet?
          I can't speak with absolute authority, but I think Red Hand is unique to DE. I am certain he never appeared in the radio show. And never in the TV show. And I am almost certain he never appeared in NOW Comics (but I could possibly be wrong on that). So my guess is that he is a new creation.

Comment

• Dang.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...dvd-blu-187534

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment stung the competition with The Green Hornet, as the action-comedy film based on the classic TV show, with $98.8 million in theatrical earnings, debuted at No. 1 on all three home video charts for the week ending May 8.
            /
            Green Hornet also buzzed its way to the top of Home Media Magazine ís weekly disc rental chart, thanks to its immediate availability at Redbox and Blockbuster Express kiosks. Sony Pictures only holds back its new releases from Netflix.

Comment

• Anyone pick up #2?

Jr shows a bit less douchebagery in this one. There's a bit of a twist, but the two villains are clowns that are hard to take seriously.

Comment

Add-on in the Dynamite solicitation.
                At the risk of continuing to talk to myself in this thread...What happened to the 2 classics?

Comment

• Kato Origins: The Hellfire Club

Read the first couple of issues (7-8) of this last night, hoping to read 9 tonight.

Anyone else? It's different in tone to the first story arc in that there isn't a specific "theme" to Kato's narration (trains, tigers, etc) but if you enjoyed the first one, i see no reason why you would not like the second. Plays out (at least to this point) like a theatrical murder mystery. Nice start.

Comment

• I didn't pickmit up, knowing it was a mystery. Figured it would read better all at once so I'm going to pick up the tpb.
                    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
                      I didn't pickmit up, knowing it was a mystery. Figured it would read better all at once so I'm going to pick up the tpb.
                      You may be right. There are a lot of suspects and little time to make them stand out, so 30-odd days between issues will likely require some re-reading anyway. I ended up being glad that I got 7-9 at one time.

Comment

• For those of you who have watched the tv show at length: In the DVD extras, Rogen comments that you could tell someone that the TV show takes place five years after this movie and it (the TV show) wouldn't seem out of place. Agree or disagree?

Comment

For those of you who have watched the tv show at length: In the DVD extras, Rogen comments that you could tell someone that the TV show takes place five years after this movie and it (the TV show) wouldn't seem out of place. Agree or disagree?
                          I can kind of see it. The TV Green Hornet was experienced and confident from the begining so the movie would work as an origin except for the disrespect/hate for his father. That and the fact that Scanlon was a villian in the movie and an ally in the TV show.
                          Last edited by Ghornet2; 06-07-2011, 09:50 AM.
                          Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                          Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                          http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Ghornet2 is right about Scanlon. Rogen is wrong about that part. You couldn't tell someone that the show takes place 5 years after the movie because of Scanlon.

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
                            For those of you who have watched the tv show at length: In the DVD extras, Rogen comments that you could tell someone that the TV show takes place five years after this movie and it (the TV show) wouldn't seem out of place. Agree or disagree?
                            Last edited by Mr. Fantastic; 06-07-2011, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• I don't like to see costumed villains in the Green Hornet. One of the things that intrigued me about the Green Hornet more than other characters is that he is a crime fighter who might be able to exist in the real world. There are no villains running around in costumes in reality. It's better to keep everything as realistic and believable as possible with the Green Hornet.

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
                              Anyone pick up #2?

There's a bit of a twist, but the two villains are clowns that are hard to take seriously.

Comment

• Green Hornet #16 - Discussion, Spoilers

Read this last night and the book continues to amaze me. The creative team shift maintains the high standard the book started off with on all fronts imo.

This is the first real quirky issue imo but was handled well without coming off as too campy. The Moonbeam and Scowl subplot of the story had me scratching my head and in the end they were still roaming. I guess this means at some point we could hear more from them since they didn't bring Hornet to justice. Which by the way, are we the reader suppossed to know which death Scowl is referring to? I didn't get it from his clues. They are in another town after all. Did I miss/forget a Hornet roadtrip in some prior issues?

I'm quite pleased to see the writing regarding Mulan didn't have her out of bed and back in fighting shape by the next issue. A cop out we sometimes, if not oftentimes, see is even after a serious beating/injury our heroes are back on their feet in no time. It seems to me they are using this time as a way to grow the emotional ties, either friendship/partners/romantic between Britt and Mulan. I'm liking it.

The Red Hand, nice ending. Just what is going on with this character? He is a DE original character, yes? He seems to be more dangerous and clever a foe than the Black Hornet concept which kicked off the series run.

This continues to be my favorite book of the DE stable and I don't say that easily.

Comment

Working...
                                X