The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
    I'm sorry to see Kato Origins end too. This was the only title that I liked.
    What about Year One (although that ended this week too, I guess...)? Did you lose interest?

Comment

• I didn't like all the swearing and slang used in Year One. It didn't do much to hold my interest except for the part where Kato got shot.

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
      What about Year One (although that ended this week too, I guess...)? Did you lose interest?

Comment

• Apparently so!

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dyna...ns-110919.html

Comment

• Not going to say much about #18 until people have had a chance to read it, but I must say that this is the best that Igor Vitorino's art has looked in this book to this point, IMO.

Good background on Redhand too. Good book overall.

Comment

• I hate monthly comics

It's comics like this that make me hate monthly comics. I want the next issue yesterday if not sooner! Good fight scenes, interesting background info and a great cliff hanger.
            Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
            Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
            http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• For all the complaints about tardiness, let's give Dynamite a little credit for their attempts at catching up with this book. #13 comes out this week. It seems as though the last three issues have come out really close to one another.

The current story is all right, though with Kato having been abducted in the main book, having her in a similar situation in her own book makes it almost feel like a running gag.

In terms of time line, I suspect that this takes place between issues 10 and 11 or so. Makes senses, since Green Hornet is several months ahead schedule-wise.

Comment

• Once again (though this one really is common knowledge, I think...)

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...-revealed-335/

Comment

• How times have changed. We now have a female Kato. and she may or may not be a lesbian.
                  Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                  Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                  http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• So #13 is out, the last solicited issue is #14, presumably out in November, December solicits are out with no sign of Kato #15, so...I guess this book was quietly cancelled?

Comment

• Done

It's true. 14 is the last issue. I think we sent the book out with a pretty solid end point, with the finale focusing on the dynamic between father and daughter. We're kind of ending where we started, with Mulan in a very different place, obviously.

I really enjoyed writing this book. I'm proud to have written every issue and the annual. I'll miss it, but I'm pleased to still be writing Mulan in the Green Hornet book.

Thanks to all who bought and enjoyed KATO. We had a good run with a book that featured (I think) a very capable and human young woman.

Anj

Comment

• Ah, well, thanks for confirming. The solicitation...

When the new Kato is attacked by mysterious samurai warriors from her homeland of Japan, her father has to step in to face some demons from his own past. The original Kato knows who the samurai are and what they want. The only way for Kato, Sr. to protect his daughter is for him to return to Japan and meet the man behind the warrior's attack face to face. All-out samurai action for both Katos, on two continents!

...made it sound like a pretty packed story that would fill more than one issue (assuming it's still accurate).

This is disappointing. There were a few characters introduced in that series that I was hoping to see again.

My major interests in the Dynamite line were the Hornet and PSP books. Pretty slim pickings nowadays.

Comment

• Best Issue In Arc

This was a great issue. Best issue since the original creative team left. The levels of the conflict between Red Hand and Kato are building. Some extracurricular feeling between Britt and Mulan is emerging. Cant wait to see the conclusion.

I have been hard on Igor Victorino's art, but this issue is MUCH better. Much more realistic and cutting edge. I hope he keeps it up.

Sure wish they would release the next issue early!!!

Comment

• Green Hornet continues to be one of my favorite reads each month!
                            Enjoy every issue!
                            Keep up the good work!

Comment

• The annual is written by one Mark Rahner. Anyone familiar with his work?

http://www.markrahner.com/therawnerve/comic-books.html

Comment

• Kato 14

Just wanted to start a brief thread about this. I assume this is the last issue of the series, and I'm sorry to see it end if it is. It was probably one of the best portrayals of a female lead I've seen in a while, and I really enjoyed it (both stories and art). This issue, in particular, hit all the right notes: great father/daughter interaction, wonderful internal monologue and character development, quickly paced action scenes interspersed with narrative, and a good artistic presentation of it all. Ande Parks has to be one of the most underrated writers around, and I definitely want to say "thanks" for some great stories.

What a strong stand alone issue that really captures the distinctiveness of the whole Green Hornet franchise.

Comment

Working...
                                X