No announcement yet.

The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They likely have reprint rights, like they do with the Lone Ranger. However, like with the Lone Ranger, I wouldn't look for reprints anytime soon. I'm sure they're looking for a complete reboot, like they did with the Lone Ranger, but it still looks like they'll have it be a generational saga. I'll be happy if they at least stick to the family tree the NOW comics established.
    Attached Files
    DECODER RING THEATRE
    EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
    PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
    PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

As much as I'd love to see a reprint of the Now series, I agree that DE will probably not do reprints. It would take away from their series (sereieses?)

Maybe they could do the OLD Holyoke/Harvey series. I've only seen a few covers and I doubt any of has seen most the books.
      Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
      Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
      http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Green Hornet for FCBD!

Looks like Dynamite is giving us a Green Hornet preview issue for FCBD 2010:

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/comic_green-hornet.asp

Dynamite Entertainment proudly presents the return of the Green Hornet! In 2010, Dynamite will unveil three brand-new Green Hornet series, starting with the worldwide debut of Kevin Smith's vision for the masked crusader (based on his unproduced screenplay)! Get a first look with this special edition featuring not only Smith's version, but the award-winning work of creators Matt Wagner and Brett Matthews as well! All in one Free Comic Book Day comic event!

32pgs, FC
        FREE!
        DECODER RING THEATRE
        EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

I like it

The logo is even reminicent of the Logo on the Now Series. We've got a female Kato that Now ran into a problem with. It opens several interesting possibilities. I'm not sure about the cloak/coat on the Hornet, but I do like the faceted eyes on the Hornet Mask. We'll see.
          Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2

Comment

Lau's Hornet & Kato Designs @ CBR

CBR has some design sketches for the Hornet and Kato by Jonathan Lau:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=24281
            DECODER RING THEATRE
            EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

Green Hornet Movie

I know it's a little off topic but I thought some of us would like a look at this pix of the Movie Black Beauty. I like how it is obviously based on the TV Beauty, but not an exact copy.

Also I recently saw a pic of a slimmed down Seth Rogan, he might not be to bad, I'm a little worried about Kato, the actor seems a little to young. Of Course with Cameron Diaz playing "Cassie" or what ever they decide to call her, it might be worth watching.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Ghornet2; 01-05-2010, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Which of the three?

Which of the three proposed Green Hornet Series are you most looking forward to and why.

My vote is for the Year One Matt Wagner series. I lke Wagner and it'll be interesting to see;
                How Britt & Kato met
                See him grow into being the Hornet
                the Hornet & Kato "origin"

Comment

(I made a modification to the poll - Aaron Campbell is the artist for Matt Wagner's Year One series. Brett Matthews is writing the third series.)

I was seriously torn. I went with Matt Wagner because I'm curious to see if the Lone Ranger connection is mentioned. I'm also interested in the Brett Matthews series. I enjoy his work on the Lone Ranger and think (hope) that may prove to be the series that solidifies the connection between the characters.
                  DECODER RING THEATRE
                  EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

Originally posted by MadMikeyD View Post
                    (I made a modification to the poll - Aaron Campbell is the artist for Matt Wagner's Year One series. Brett Matthews is writing the third series.)
                    I knew that, just had a brain freeze.

Comment

Here's a shot of Rogen & Chou and a shot in character.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Ghornet2; 01-05-2010, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Year One by Wagner definitely. I may check out Smith's version when it comes out in TPB if it gets good reviews.

Comment

Kevin Smith's Green Hornet!

The Green Hornet is back and Dynamite is the new home for the avenging hero and his faithful sidekick, Kato (and, the Black Beauty, ‘natch!)!

And we’re kicking things off with a BANG as we launch the first of a new series of adventures starting with the great Kevin Smith. And let’s get it out of the way, right here, right NOW – the scripts are in! Every single one! Joining Smith in bringing his unproduced screenplay to life is artist Jonathan (Black Terror) Lau as they present the one and only origin of the Green Hornet and Kato. This is the comic book version of Kevin smith’s unproduced Green Hornet film and Dynamite is the only place to get in on the action – it all begins here!

KEVIN SMITH’S GREEN HORNET #1
                          SKU: C725130137067
                          Price: $3.99
                          Rating: TEEN+
                          Covers: Alex Ross (25%), John Cassaday (25%), J. Scott Campbell (25%), Stephen Segovia (25%)
                          Writer: Kevin Smith
                          Penciller/Inker: Jonathan Lau
                          Colorist: TBD
                          Genre: Super-Hero
                          Awards: N/A
                          Publication Date: MARCH, 2010
                          Format: Comic Book
                          Rights: WW
                          Age range: 16+
                          UPC: 725130137067
                          Last edited by Brandon Primavera; 01-06-2010, 05:24 PM.

Comment

I'm getting more and more excited for this book to come out, it's funny too because I have never been a Green Hornet fan but a big part of that was I never really was introduced to the character. Now I have the oppertunity to read up on him and see him in action in his new title from DE, it's kind of exciting because I know he has a huge fanbase and that he is a classic character and now I have the chance to see what he's all about. Hopefully I'm not disappointed!
                            Dynamite Entertainment
                            Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Kato/Katrina?

I'll admit I was never a huge Green Hornet fan. But I did catch a lot of the old episodes on FX! It used to run right before, or right after the old Adam West /Burt Ward Batman show. I did enjoy both shows (and of course Bruce Lee was a part of that).

I was surprised to see that Kato's a girl in this version...but I don't dislike it. Is it just for the Kevin Smith screenplay version, or will that carry on into the main Dynamite series?

-Pistols

Comment

Matt Wagner is no doubt using a male Kato, he's doing a year one thing. It will probably be set back in the 40's.
                                I have a feeling Brett Mathews is going to use the Female Kato, but we can't be sure.

The Now Comics series started out with a female Kato but the owner of the copyright didn't like the idea. They 'brought back' the Bruce Lee version. The female Kato went on to become Crimson Wasp a violent hero.

Comment

Working...
                                X