No announcement yet.

The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, and in fairness here, it sounded like a script that was very late in ever being submitted. I wouldn't want to throw that person under the bus without hearing his side, but I'll remember the name if I ver see it on a solicitation again.

Comment

• I enjoyed this series but still felt the core GH book and the Year One book were far superior, so dropping Strikes from the rotation was pretty easy for me. I'd still like to see it completed one day, though.
      Dynamite Entertainment
      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• I'm not gonna commit to this opinion before re-reading the whole GH Strikes! series (if there ever is a conclusion), but my initial impression (although kind of a slow and confusing start) was that in some ways this was a better modern reboot of the Hornet than Kevin Smith's version -- Smith's movie script always struck me as far too derivative of plot elements cribbed from Ron Fortier's run on the Green Hornet from NOW Comics (while leaving out a good bit of the generational element -- such as connecting the legacy to the 1940s Green Hornet -- that made it so fun and unique for me).

Oh, and Captain, the writer's name you're looking for is Brett Matthews, writer of the first 25 issues of The Lone Ranger.
        DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• In this week's Dynamite email newsletter:

LETTERS TO DYNAMITE:

Send all letters to: letters@dynamite.net

GARY WRITES: "Is Green Hornet Strikes #10 ever going to come out? If you are not printing it, can it be made available digitally on your website? Leaving the fans without a conclusion is just adding to the frustration people are starting to feel for your company. Come on, this is just one more issue."

Funny you should ask! We're working on completing it as we type this! Stay tuned for more details and the delay's were out of our control... honest!
          DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• I want the trade of GH Strikes sooooo badly. Day one purchase for me if it ever comes out.

Comment

• Originally posted by BatHobbit View Post
              I want the trade of GH Strikes sooooo badly. Day one purchase for me if it ever comes out.
              I really liked the story, will buy its conclusion and if ever Dynamite attempts this again, with a creative that is FULLY committed, I will buy that too.

I liked having past, present and future version of the character all accessible at the same time. I understand that it may be a bit much to offer now, but I'll support any spinoff or continuation of those characters.

Even the movie version.

Comment

• Does GH Strikes take place in the future? I don't know, I didn't see anything futuristic-looking in the book, so I just assumed it was the present (the original Reid and Kato both have sons about the same age as Britt II and Mulan in the regular book). There doesn't seem to be anything to connect the three main original titles, Kevin Smith's Green Hornet, Green Hornet Year One, and Green Hornet Strikes. My assumption here was that they're simply all taking place (as with the movie-based miniseries) in alternate realities -- although GHYO is clearly set in the past, it's not the past of KSGH, nor is GHS the future of KSGH.

Maybe they should do a Crisis of Infinte Hornets...

Comment

• It's in the future, but the "near future". Could be five years, could be 20, that I recall it's never been specified.

None of the "eras" are connected, though at the time, Dynamite didn't see fit to point that out, so it was a little confusing at first.

Comment

• Where did they say that in the story?
                    Again:

1) Nothing futuristic to indicate the near future (and with the way technology moves, you'd think this would be obvious)
                    2) The ages of the main characters seem to indicate just about the same time frame as Kevin Smith's Green Hornet

If there was a caption somewhere stating "the near future" (it has been a long time, I've forgotten) I'll take your word for it.

Comment

• The solicitation for #1 used that very term.

WHO IS THE GREEN HORNET? A hero? A criminal? He doesn't even know, himself...
                      In a near future where the financial crisis never resolved, Chicago is more corrupt than ever...
                      I don't recall any mention of it in the book itself though. Also, I don't know that it's part of the current Hornet's future. I never got the sense that it was, because the Strikes Kato has no connection to Mulan that we'r aware of.

So it's in an alternative near future. Probably about an hour or so.
                      Last edited by Captain Canuck; 04-02-2012, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• Positronic, where do you find the weekly email newsletter? how do you subscribe to it?

Comment

• OK, it took me a while, but I finally figured it out. On the DE home page, at the top of the page where it says REGISTER, if you click on that, there's a box to check off that says "Yes, I would like to receive the Dynamite Entertainment Mailer and special offers!" Your IP address should be recognized already (if not, go back and log in first) so that your user name and password are already filled it. Then you just have to update your info on that page by checking the box and retyping the image text, and clicking the submit button.
                          Last edited by positronic; 04-05-2012, 04:55 AM.

Comment

• i hope they update the reid / kato family tree

i hoping that dynamite entertainment would update the family tree to match with the now comic version of it

Comment

• The Green Hornet - I'm loving it!

So, I was a little weary about starting the Green Hornet at the beginning mainly because I didn't like his outfit, but once I decided that it has grown on me I decided about a year ago to give this title a shot and I'm sure glad that I did! I loved the story of how Britt's kid took up the mantle and watching him train and get used to being the Hornet, I also love how Kato's daughter is kind of cold toward him and her whole attitude toward everything, it's a fun read. I stopped reading around issue #17 and now I'm re-reading the series from the beginning but I wanted to start with Year One and then Blood Ties since both take place before the core GH comic, I recently read Kato: Origins and when I'm all caught up I plan on reading Kato's modern day series as well (which I think ended recently).

Any which way, count me in as a monthly GH fan now, I hope we can get some good GH discussion going here on the forums, I'm sure he's got some fans out there who love this book as much as I do!

Comment

• Wow, if you were tired before you started, you must be really worn out now after reading all those comics!

Comment

Working...
                                X