No announcement yet.

The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, all. I am staying on Lone Ranger as long as possible. I love writing that book. Just developing a new Dynamite project, as well.

Anj

Comment

• Originally posted by Ande Parks View Post
      Thanks, all. I am staying on Lone Ranger as long as possible. I love writing that book. Just developing a new Dynamite project, as well.

Anj
      Hmmmm, a NEW Dynamite project too? My interest just went through the charts....

As for Green Hornet I have to wonder where the story is going to go after this arc and what kind of direction Jai will take the character? I'm saddened to see Ande leaving the book but at the same time I'm excited for the titles future and to see the next set of challenges Britt will face as the Green Hornet.

Comment

• My disributor screwed my order up, so I just closed my account with them, and ordered direct from Dynamite instead.

Comment

• Good luck!

Comment

• Green Hornet Strikes #10

GARY WRITES: "Is Green Hornet Strikes #10 ever going to come out? If you are not printing it, can it be made available digitally on your website? Leaving the fans without a conclusion is just adding to the frustration people are starting to feel for your company. Come on, this is just one more issue."

Funny you should ask! We're working on completing it as we type this! Stay tuned for more details and the delay's were out of our control... honest![/QUOTE]

OK,, we are now nearly 6 MONTHS later and still the series has no finale!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• My LCS was reviewing my hold list and asked if I wanted to drop it since the series was finished
              Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
              Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
              http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Best you can do is keep checking Dynamite's weekly emailer. At the end of the email, there's a list of "coming soon" titles that generally lists titles you can expect within the next 2-3 weeks. Nope, still no listing for GHS #10 so far, but keep checking it.
                DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• Green Hornet #27

I liked it! But then again I can't see why everyone seems to hate Ronan Cliquet's art so much. Anyway...

I found this to be a satisfying conclusion and resolution to the current arc. In no way did I feel the dire events of this storyline left the characters damaged or tarnished as heroes (even though as far as Century City knows, they are still crooks). "Moonbeam" (he prefers Jeffrey) makes his return at a propitious moment to help turn the tide against the phony Hornet. While Britt rightfully feels some anger and retribution towards the impostor who tried to kill him and frame him as a murderer, and he delivers him a savage beating, he does pull back and stops short of killing him in revenge. Events at the end of the story seem to indicate that Britt has a renewed commitment to keeping his city safe, both in his role as the Hornet and as publisher of the Daily Sentinel, and purging the remaining corrupt elements of city government. Although Chrittendon remains in Intensive Care, there is every reason to believe he'll pull through. I hope Jeffrey (and let's all get used to calling him that, OK?) sticks around.

My biggest complaint about this issue was with the colorist. On some (actually most) pages Britt looks like he has blond hair! Not only coloring mistakes like this, but in general I disliked the entire color palette used in this issue. This may have been going on for a while, but this issue was the first time it jumped out at me and bonked me over the head.
                  Last edited by positronic; 09-03-2012, 12:23 AM.
                  DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• I had no issues with the writing, it was solid, I hated the art as I have over the past 3 issues or so. Green Hornet used to be one of my highest priorities month in and out and now its become a book I will read when I find time. I much prefer the past 2 artists to this new guy.

As for the plot, it was fantastic and this book has never been short of amazing writers.

Comment

• Originally posted by positronic View Post
                      I liked it! But then again I can't see why everyone seems to hate Ronan Cliquet's art so much. Anyway...

I agree. I thought it was a good conclusion to everything, and I'm loving the art. He reminds me of Neal Adams at times, and at others of Ivan Reiss. He's very good.

Comment

• The writing on this title has been a strong suit from Smith to Hester to Parks and now seems like Nitz. I really liked the story. I have wanted to see Moonbeam/Jeffrey since he left the scene. I saw the tension with Britt as well. I am interested to see how the title will progress now that the Green Hornet is public enemy #1 in Century City. I want to see the future of Moonbeam/Jeffrey.

I have to agree with Terror on this. The art is awful. Lau and Vitorino set the tone for this title with thier edgy/detailed/crisp illustrations. Cliquet's puffy, fuzzy style just doesnt fit. I sometimes wondered if he uses chalk instead of a pencil for his drawing. It annoys me that he cant draw eyes on people, instead using little lines. Chrittendon and the police chief look like twins. I really miss the detail, especially in the backgrounds.

I agree on the color. I think it is has dropped off since Cliquet came on. I AM NOT blaming Cliquet for the color as I dont know what role the artist has in the color process. We have seen a lot of inconsistencies in color for several issues (everybody remember the blonde Kato who didnt look Asian?). Note in this issue how Moonbeam/Jeffrey starts out with a black costume but it suddenly becomes red.

I hope Nick Barrucci is reading these forums. We have seen (in other GH threads) lots of folks losing interest in GH because of the art. I know art is subjective and people have different tastes, but sure seems like a lot of negative reaction to Cliquet. I dont want to see a well written title like this go out of production because people are tired of looking at fuzzy art. Jonathan Lau, Jack Hebert and Fritz Cassis have all finished up thier current titles. Is one of them available?

Comment

• Originally posted by Britt68 View Post
                          I am interested to see how the title will progress now that the Green Hornet is public enemy #1 in Century City.
                          Am I the only one who read the issue as meaning that Britt was going to stop pretending that the Hornet was a crook? Between his comment that he was sick of "pretending to be part of the problem" and the ads for the forthcoming issue referring to a "new" Hornet, I read that as meaning that the Hornet was going to change his image so as to be seen as a hero vigilante (along the lines of Batman, say) rather than continuing the pretense of being a crime boss. Of course, it may take some time to do that.

Comment

• Solicitations for upcoming issues of GH

GREEN HORNET #28
                            DYNAMIC FORCES
                            (W) Ande Parks (A) Igor Vitorino (CA) Phil Hester, Stephen Sadowski
                            Pure Kung Fu action comes to a small town! It's the beginning of a new era for Green Hornet in Century City, following the Outcast storyline. Now, the new Green Hornet and Kato hit the road in search of Mulan's father, Hayashi. The original Kato has gone looking for a connection to his youth. What he has found will teach the new Green Hornet team that deadly danger isn't exclusive to the streets of Century City.

************************************************** *******
                            GREEN HORNET #29
                            DYNAMIC FORCES
                            (W) Ande Parks (A) Ronan Cliquet (CA) Phil Hester, Stephen Sadowski
                            Covers: Stephen Sadowski (50%), Phil Hester (50%)
                            Writer: Ande Parks
                            Artist: Ronan Cliquet
                            Colorist: Ivan Nunes

A new criminal mastermind to deal with, a city flooded with high-tech weapons, a new public perception to manage, and a love life that veers wildly from nonexistent to complicated as hell: Britt Reid is a man with his hands full. Part two of the ARMS RACE arc finds Green Hornet and Kato battling an all-out assault from an imported villain seeking to wipe out all competition and make Century City his own.

************************************************** ********

GREEN HORNET #30
                            DYNAMIC FORCES
                            A new villain has arrived in Century City. Gravilov is a high-tech arms dealer, bent on using Green Hornet's city as a base from which to ship death worldwide. As Green Hornet and Kato try to stop Gravilov, the fight becomes very personal. Old enemies must become new allies, to save the lives of those dear to Kato.

GREEN HORNET #31
                            DYNAMIC FORCES
                            The Hornet's Nest assaulted by high-tech killing machines! International arms dealer Gravilov has made his fight with Green Hornet and the Kato family very personal. Now, Century City's most dangerous new criminal raises the stakes again. Using a vast network of surveillance drones, Gravilov pinpoints the location of Green Hornet's hidden base of operations and attacks. Britt Reid will be forced to compromise his own principles, striking against everything Gravilov holds dear. But first, Green Hornet has to survive the war zone in his own living room. Part Three of the Arms Race arc.

GREEN HORNET #32
                            DYNAMIC FORCES
                            (W) Jai Nitz (A) Ronan Cliquet (CA) Phil Hester, Stephen Sadowski
                            The Green Hornet is trying to re-make his image in Century City. The wealthy, brilliant and ruthless arms dealer, Gravilov isn't making it easy. Intent on using Century City as a base from which to ship death around the globe, Gravilov must first eliminate the Green Hornet and Kato. Gravilov's high-tech thugs have attacked The Hornet's Nest, leaving blood and chaos in their wake. Now, the Green Hornet will strike back. But, to defeat Gravilov, will the Hornet have to sink to his level?

GREEN HORNET #33
                            DYNAMIC FORCES
                            (W) Jai Nitz (A) Jethro Morales (CA) Phil Hester, Stephen Sadowski
                            The events of Arms Race leave the Green Hornet family in ruin. Beaten, broken, dead, and missing, the vigilantes of Century City sink into the shadows. But the city still stands, and it still needs a champion. A new Green Hornet flies across the skyline. A new chapter begins here!

GREEN HORNET #34
                            DYNAMIC FORCES
                            (W) Jai Nitz (A) Jethro Morales (CA) Stephen Sadowski
                            Welcome to Century City, the home of the Green Hornet! The new Green Hornet has the support of the police and City Hall and the people love him. Will that be enough to stop a terrorist group bent on detonating a dirty bomb? The new Green Hornet may need a new partner!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Green Hornet #34.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	48655

Comments: As stated by Ande Parks in another thread, the solicitations for #28-32 should really be "(W) Jai Nitz, from a plot by Ande Parks". Igor Vittorino fans can look forward to his art on a single-issue story in issue #28, while Ronan Cliquet-haters can dread awaiting issues #29, 30, 31 and 32 (comprising the "Arms Race" arc). It seems to me like they mixed up the descriptions of issues #29 and 30 (#29 says "Part Two" while #31 says "Part Three" of the Arms Race arc). In issues #33 and 34, Jai Nitz flies solo on the story -- a new chapter in the GH saga, a new artist (Jethro Morales), along with a NEW Green Hornet (who looks a lot like the Japanese tokusatu TV hero Kamen Rider).

Jethro Morales was an unfamiliar name to me, so I googled his name to see some examples of his work. He is a Filipino artist, pretty new to American comics. You can see a 4-page tryout sample he drew featuring KATO on his DeviantArt page.
                            Last edited by positronic; 09-01-2012, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tulku View Post
                              Am I the only one who read the issue as meaning that Britt was going to stop pretending that the Hornet was a crook? Between his comment that he was sick of "pretending to be part of the problem" and the ads for the forthcoming issue referring to a "new" Hornet, I read that as meaning that the Hornet was going to change his image so as to be seen as a hero vigilante (along the lines of Batman, say) rather than continuing the pretense of being a crime boss. Of course, it may take some time to do that.
                              There's some evidence for this in the above listed solicitations.

#28: "It's the beginning of a new era for Green Hornet in Century City..."

#29: "...a new public perception to manage..."

#32: "The Green Hornet is trying to re-make his image in Century City."

#34: "The new Green Hornet has the support of the police and City Hall and the people love him." -- Although this doesn't seem to be referring to Britt but to this NEW Green Hornet, whoever he is -- my bet's on Jeffrey, unless it's another bad guy (seems too soon for that, doesn't it?)

Comment

• Green Hornet's Public image

Hi all
                                Am I the only one who thinks we have pretty much never seen Britt act as the enforcer for a crime boss, which is what the Green Hornet was created to be right? Aren't we getting a bit too far away from the core of the character? I think having Britt rail against the Hornet through his newspaper by day and be a 'criminal' by night would make for much better stories possibilities...no?

Comment

Working...
                                X