Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah...

...Not good. Not good at all.

Took about two minutes to read...Art is an all-time low for the series.

We'll see...

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsRollKato View Post

SO...continuity-wise.

I'm assuming the 'Kevin Smithiverse' of the regular series, KS's KATO, and BLOODLINES is in one 'universe' while YEAR ONE and KATO:YO is in another and PARALLEL and AFTERMATH are in yet another (based on the film).

Where does STRIKES fit in?

Mikey Wood
      www.shortboxpodcast.com
      You got all the puzzle pieces but the last one. STRIKES is in yet another continuity. And possibly set in the near future. Still waiting for that one to conclude, and too soon to say for sure until it wraps up and I re-read the whole thing, but in some ways I liked that reboot of the character better than Kevin Smith's.
      DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• AH...Okay.

While the NOW comics GH series wasn't the GREATEST thing on Earth (the art was never my cup of tea), I did enjoy how they tied everything together into a concise timeline.

Comment

• NOW's Hornet -- I liked the art a lot at first when it was by Jeff Butler. The first 10 issues + "Sting of the Green Hornet" were terrific. Ron Fortier was the main man writing, but after he left James van Hise and Chuck Dixon did all right too. After that, Fortier came back for a while, but after V.2#28 it's straight downhill. But your right, the generational legacy thing was a stroke of brilliance. I am missing that from DE's rebooted versions.
          DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsRollKato View Post
            GREEN HORNET: YEAR ONE and KATO: YEAR ONE: Wonderful stories. I prefer my Hornet to be set in the thirties so this was right up my alley.

Mikey Wood
            www.shortboxpodcast.com
            So, it should be THIS version of Green Hornet and Kato that will be appearing in the upcoming MASKS series? Maybe I should check out those 'Year One' tpbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gorn Identity View Post
              So, it should be THIS version of Green Hornet and Kato that will be appearing in the upcoming MASKS series? Maybe I should check out those 'Year One' tpbs.
              I'm assuming it is, yeah.

REALLY excited about MASKS. Kind of curious as to how Zorro fits in but I'll wait and find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gorn Identity View Post
                I'm assuming it is, yeah.

REALLY excited about MASKS. Kind of curious as to how Zorro fits in but I'll wait and find out.

And, yes, you really should. They're fantastic.

Comment

• The NOW Green Hornet remains my favorite version of that character because it incorporated the Lone Ranger (even if they couldn't use the name) as well as the Hornet radio and TV shows. And it managed to tell a fun story. I even have a hardcover of #1-12 signed by Van Williams. The art was okay at first but went downhill when they started pushing out three and four Hornet books a month. That was back when that was still rare. LOL.

To me they are the "definitive" Green Hornet, like how the Dini & Timm Batman cartoon is the "definitive" Batman. I'd love to see them reprinted today.

Comment

• Dynamite solicits GREEN HORNET: YEAR ONE Special #1 for December!

THE GREEN HORNET: YEAR ONE SPECIAL #1
                    40 pages FC $4.99 Teen +
                    Written by Nate Cosby
                    Art by Ariel Padilla
                    Cover by Sean Chen
                    Ruby's thirteen. She sells newspapers for pennies. And she's got The Green Hornet's gun. Will Hornet and Kato find Ruby before the mob does...or can THE GREEN GUN GIRL save herself? The original Green Hornet in a super special tale from writer Nate Cosby (Cow Boy)!

Click image for larger version

Name:	GHYOSpec01-cov-Chen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	48669

Comment

• YEAR ONE and it isn't Matt Wagner? BOOOOOOO! Seriously, I probably won't get it, Wagner has crafted the best Green Hornet story ever and I wouldn't want anything "Year One" to come out and ruin it, so I'll be skipping it.

Comment

• very disappointing issue. The art was very inconsistent. At times, there were some good detailed images. But then there were pictures with bobbleheads. I agree with Positronic about the fedora. It looked more like a bowler. But we saw this in #27, especially on the last two pages.

I was very disappointed in the "story". The bulk of the story was a monologue by Britt about bad guys. I think the whole hamster boy line was just stupid. The best part of the issue was the introduction of Gravilov. A family man villian with some style? I agree this was way too campy between hamster boy and Clutch's fantasy sequence. This was particularly disappointing because the writing has been so strong throughout this whole series.

I thought this was originally solicited as a one shot and not part of a new arc. Did they combine this story wiht the beginning of the Arms Race arc because they are so far behind in solicitations? Are they trying to wind up the series?

I hope thes guys can pull it together. The art has been declining for some time. If the writing goes, then this title will disappear.

Comment

• But still, it's got to be better than the most recent regular Green Hornet issue, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMicrozone View Post
                            To me they are the "definitive" Green Hornet, like how the Dini & Timm Batman cartoon is the "definitive" Batman. I'd love to see them reprinted today.
                            That would be awesome. One thing I didn't like about NOW's comics was that their coloring was almost universally awful. A nice series of TPB reprints with modern computer coloring would be a vast improvement.

Comment

• I am REALLY excited about this. I can hardly wait!

Comment

• I hear it's coming out on October 31st!

Comment

Working...
                                X