Clear All

• 72 hr Green Hornet conixology sale!

http://m.comixology.com/Green-Hornet...s-series/10476

Big Green Hornet conicology sale!
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• My comic store opens at 8AM on Wednesday's for new arrivals and I finally got Green Hornet #1! There were 8 people in line for comics this morning and I think 3 or 4 of us picked up Green Hornet #1 and a few people were talking about it in line, that's good news! I really liked the issue, I read it in my car before driving home and loved the way Kato is featured in this book and the way Green Hornet seems so serious and intent. The art was great, the story was great, and the book reads like a bad ass version of the character which is as close to Wagners year one as anything. Awesome!

Comment

• It was the only title I got this week but I went in immediately after work. Would have read it in the car as well but I was on the to dinner with a lady friend and some things do come before the Green Hornet, not many but a few.

Great first issue. A lot of set up but more than enough action to keep it interesting. I like the references to Britt's great uncle and the sivler mine. Is Happy (the guy Britt's havine dinner with) a part of the Lone Ranger series?
        Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
        Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
        http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
          I like the references to Britt's great uncle and the sivler mine. Is Happy (the guy Britt's havine dinner with) a part of the Lone Ranger series?
          Since Lone Ranger and Green Hornet are both owned by different companies now, I think the only character they can both use in both series is Dan Reid (LR's nephew, GH's father). In Mark Waid's Green Hornet, Dan Reid is already deceased. DE is fudging things a little bit by making veiled references to a "daring and resourceful masked rider" and a silver mine. I guess they can get away with it without using actual names or likenesses (the silhouette is enough for us to get it) -- Now Comics also did as much when they had the GH license. It was nice to see it included anyway. I suppose they could do some sort of actual "crossover" if they worked it out with both of the different license holders, just as they did with Lone Ranger & Zorro.
          DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• I was that since he is a DE creation they might be able to use him in both.
            Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
            Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
            http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Finally! I loved it. I've enjoyed just about every version of the Green Hornet, but this is the era that really holds the most potential. The 40's style is just cooler, and the mid century technology makes the stories so much more real. Year One was the first modern take on the original Green Hornet with any depth to the characters, so I'm stoked to see an ongoing set in this era. Seriously, compare yesterday's issue to any of the NOW Comics. (And I liked the NOW Comics.)

I couldn't wait to read it either. I read it in the kitchen while my wife and I made dinner.

Comment

• The Golden Age Green Hornet will always be the original, but it's kind of a mystery to me, given all the other variations that DE has done on the character, that they've left the TV-era Green Hornet completely untouched. Or maybe they considered it and decided that there would be no point unless they could use the actual likenesses of Van Williams and Bruce Lee (which would presumably cost them extra money).
                DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• Amidst the Green Hornet #1 frenzy...

I keep seeing Green Hornet #37 in the previews... Will issues #34 and onward be released or are they on hold?

Comment

• CEO

Beezer!

The series is continued through as ongoing.

best!

Nick

Comment

• I take your comics, you take my dollars. It's a win-win. Looking forward to more!

Comment

• Green Hornet #1 was the BEST Green Hornet book since Wagner's Year One saga. It had wonderful interior art, a strong and breezy story, fundementals for building the characters, and everything else you could ask for in a Green Hornet book. Mark Waid's run is going to be awesome, I just hope he's in it for the long haul and it's not going to be a short 6-12 issue stay with Dynamite, his presence on the book is already being felt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DynamitePulpReader View Post
                          Green Hornet #1 was the BEST Green Hornet book since Wagner's Year One saga.
                          Completely agree. Looking forward, anxiously, to more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beezer View Post
                            Finally! I loved it. I've enjoyed just about every version of the Green Hornet, but this is the era that really holds the most potential. The 40's style is just cooler, and the mid century technology makes the stories so much more real. Year One was the first modern take on the original Green Hornet with any depth to the characters, so I'm stoked to see an ongoing set in this era. Seriously, compare yesterday's issue to any of the NOW Comics. (And I liked the NOW Comics.)

I couldn't wait to read it either. I read it in the kitchen while my wife and I made dinner.
                            First of all, good stuff! Secondly, does anyone know for certain whether or not this is in continuity with Year One and Kato Origins? It is obviously established that this is not his first rodeo, but should we expect this to be Waid's own interpretation or his interpretation playing off of the previous two series?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingcooger View Post
                              First of all, good stuff! Secondly, does anyone know for certain whether or not this is in continuity with Year One and Kato Origins? It is obviously established that this is not his first rodeo, but should we expect this to be Waid's own interpretation or his interpretation playing off of the previous two series?
                              You know something.....? That's a fantastic question. I just assumed it didn't, but I'm piecing it together personally as if Year One, Kato origins, and Waid's Hornet all connect. Welcome to the board, man!

Comment

• If Matt Wagner's Green Hornet was Year One, Mark Waid's Green Hornet, from the hints given so far, might well be titled Green Hornet: The End. With the late 1930s and early 1950s covered, that leaves the entire decade of the 1940s wide open for Green Hornet stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X