The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kato on going series

Kato got an ongoing series before the Green Hornet did? Even the logo on Dynamite's Title Page has been changed from Green Hornet to Kato.

Below is the text from the listing titled Kevin Smith's Kato On going series:

More Green Hornet excitement from Dynamite as they present an incredible spin-off featuring the all-new Kato and the mysterious Black Hornet! Featuring elements direct from Kevin Smith's unproduced screenplay, writer Ande Parks -joined by the sensational AlE Garza! - fills in the blanks on the new Kato, the old Kato and the mystery of the Black Hornet! "Not my Father's Daughter" is filled with excitement, action, intrigue and more - 5 issues of Fury as the world of Kato old and new is rocked forever and sets a course that intertwines with the destiny and legend of the Green Hornet.
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• That's true...but...the Hornet still has two titles as the main character. Two mini's, granted, but Kevin Smit's GH is eight comics long, IIRC. By the time that wraps up, I'm sure the ongoing will be fast on it's heels.

Comment

• I'm going with the Shadow--but to clarify I am talking about the pulp novel Shadow and NOT the radio show Shadow (the plots of which are based on the presumption that everybody will immediately disclose their deepest secrets just as long a voice asks them and they can determine where the voice is coming from).

Oh, and I suppose I should mention that I am comparing to the radio show Green Hornet (not the TV version). I love the radio show version of the character!

To be fair, if I were to compare radio show to radio show, then my vote would have gone to the Hornet. Hmmmm. You know, the more I think about it, the more I realize that this poll needs a lot more explanation!!!

Comment

• Without a doubt, the full face mask! Why would any hero with a secret identity want people to be able to recognize his jaw line?

Of course, this is a hero ably assisted by Kato, a guy who cleverly preserves his secret identity by using his real name...

Comment

• True, the radio and pulp Shadow are basicly different characters. The radio Shadow had the "ability to cloud men's minds" while the pulp shadow was basicaly a detective who worked from the background using associates.
            Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2

Comment

• Wait a sec..there's ANOTHER Green Hornet comic out by ANOTHER company?

http://www.moonstonebooks.com/GH.asp

Comment

• The Moonstone book is not a comic. It is a collection of prose short stories similar to their Zorro book that was released about the time DE started their Zorro comic series.
                DECODER RING THEATRE
                EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
                PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
                PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

• It's a $48 hardcover that's due out in June although Moonstone has a serious problem with publication dates. There should be a picture per short story. The Zorro and Phantom collections were pretty good. Obviously I'm going to get it when it comes out in soft cover.

Comment

• KEVIN SMITH's GREEN HORNET #1 EXCLUSIVE (500)

Click on the image below to purchase our EXCLUSIVE edition of the GREEN HORNET #1 by Kevin Smith (with a color/bw variatn by J Scott Campbell). Each book comes with a Certificate of Authenticity from Dynamite, with our name and logo on it).

SPECIAL: Get the Exclusive Variant for $3.99 (regular cover price) by buying one of the other variants from us (availability is not guaranteed, first come...)

KEVIN SMITH GREEN HORNET 1:200 ROSS B/W VARIANT $59.99
                    KEVIN SMITH GREEN HORNET 1:100 CASSADAY B/W VARIANT $39.99
                    KEVIN SMITH GREEN HORNET 1:50 CAMPBELL B/W VARIANT $24.99
                    KEVIN SMITH GREEN HORNET 1:25 SEGOVIA B/W VARIANT $14.99

Contact us at cparadise@socal.rr.com or through the contact form on our site.

Comment

• Green Hornet strikes!

I'm not so sure about the Green Hornet Strikes by Brett Matthews. The hornet on the logo (I guess it's a hornet) looks rather strange and GH is wearing a gas mask!

Maybe they're going for more of a Classic Sandman feel? All in all it leaves me real worried.

Comment

• Eh, as long as the core GH book is good then I don't see an issue, just look at this as an "expanded universe" or "What if" title. I'm looking forward to all of these titles to be honest, this is going to be big (hopefully) for DE!
                        Dynamite Entertainment
                        Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• How Many Green Hornet Series Are There?

Just how many Green Hornet series are there going to be? I thought there were three, but now there's two Kato titles thrown in, making it five.

Kevin Smith's Green Hornet
                          Green Hornet: Year One
                          Green Hornet Strikes
                          Kevin Smith's Kato
                          Kato Origins (Year One Kato)
                          DECODER RING THEATRE
                          EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
                          PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
                          PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

• Hornet, feel free to be worried. But what your bumping on might be the whole point of the book...

GHS! is a near-future story featuring a new Hornet we've not seen before. It's not just as simple as his being the next Hornet in the line of Reids, though legacy does play into the story. It is, very frankly, supposed to be different...

If you want the classic Hornet, Matt's giving that to you in spades. Kevin is doing a great contemporary Hornet. Mine is a little more modern by design. We wanted -- needed -- each book to be unique and have its own reason for existing, not just be slightly different versions of the same flavor. It's all The Green Hornet for sure, but different takes from different minds.

Each may not be for everyone, but I'm very proud of the work that's coming in on all fronts and think they compliment each other very well. Look forward to hearing what you think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthews View Post
                              Hornet, feel free to be worried. But what your bumping on might be the whole point of the book...

GHS! is a near-future story featuring a new Hornet we've not seen before. It's not just as simple as his being the next Hornet in the line of Reids, though legacy does play into the story. It is, very frankly, supposed to be different...

If you want the classic Hornet, Matt's giving that to you in spades. Kevin is doing a great contemporary Hornet. Mine is a little more modern by design. We wanted -- needed -- each book to be unique and have its own reason for existing, not just be slightly different versions of the same flavor. It's all The Green Hornet for sure, but different takes from different minds.

Each may not be for everyone, but I'm very proud of the work that's coming in on all fronts and think they compliment each other very well. Look forward to hearing what you think.
                              The way you put it I can understand the need for changes. I'm just a little worried that it will drift a little to far from the core of the character. That said, I'll definitly be checking out issue 1. You did a good job on the Ranger so I'm more than willing to give you the benifit of the doubt.
                              Last edited by Ghornet2; 03-03-2010, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• It's Here

Issue one is out. Not a bad issue. It gives us a look at the "TV" Hornet before moving to the "present". We get a look at the man you will probably be the new Green Hornet. From the personality of the current Britt Reid we'll get a chance to see him grow into the roll. All in all a nice set up for the series.

Comment

Working...
                                X