The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranger01
    started a poll The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

The Green Hornet series MEGATHREAD!

- Old Classic Complete Face Mask
    85.71%
    - New Eyes upper Mask
    14.29%
    View more answers
    View less answers
    Quote from Wizard Texas Convention...

"Dynamite Entertainment is looking to land the comic book license for The Green Hornet.

Oh Yeah! Fingers crossed.

Peter

Guest replied
    Originally posted by ralphtown View Post
    Well,if its Green and Hornet like,I,ll be buying it

RALPH (UK).
    A Green Hornet/Lone Ranger book seemed like the most obvious thing but I'd sort of given up on seeing it. Cool that Dynamite finally found a way to publish one that they feel comfortable with. I was happy to see it announced on the day you happened to ask about the possibility of a new Hornet book.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
    Your timing is rather awesome!

Well,if its Green and Hornet like,I,ll be buying it

RALPH (UK).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by ralphtown View Post
    If anyone from DE is reading,would it be possible to have a limited run of GH books.
    One set in the 30s and another set in the 60s....perhaps?

I,ve been buying a lot of the limited runs.
    Shadow,Miss Fury etc.
    Would love to see Britt Sr and Jr in a 8 to 10 issue run.Perhaps a timeline crossover.

Any chance?

RALPH (UK).
    Your timing is rather awesome!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    GH....any future?

If anyone from DE is reading,would it be possible to have a limited run of GH books.
    One set in the 30s and another set in the 60s....perhaps?

I,ve been buying a lot of the limited runs.
    Shadow,Miss Fury etc.
    Would love to see Britt Sr and Jr in a 8 to 10 issue run.Perhaps a timeline crossover.

Any chance?

RALPH (UK).

Leave a comment:

• Ghornet2
    replied
    I started as a fan of the TV show then while traveling with the family I saw a cassette of the radio show (I didn't realize what it was at the time) and was hooked on the radio show. Send me a PM with your address and I'll send you copies of the six MP3 disks of the show.
    Like you I loved the Now run. It's funny how at the time the Copyright holder force Now to drop the female Kato but we got a female from Dynamite with no problems.
    Moonstone did 3 TBPs of Green Hornet short stories that were pretty good.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It's been a long time since i signed onto this site (I wasn't sure I even had joined it!)
    I was always a huge fan of the NOW run and while the multi-generational aspect had a few hiccups here and there it was really cool to see it play out.
    My personal favorite version of the Hornet is the 40's version
    I've recently been on a tear collecting the radio show sets from RadioSpirits

As for Dynamite's version, I liked it but I kinda fell off due to Dynamite's tendancy to put a title on hiatus for a few months before picking it back up
    Today i started picking up some back issues from the Legacy Run.

The funny thing is....among today's pick-ups was issue 23 which as you'll see below has a remarkable resemblance to issue 7 of NOW's initial run.

If we could get another run from Dynamite I would love to see a return to NOW's history for a mioni to show where those characters went after the series was cut off
    Diana Reid and Hayashi Kato's Marriage and their child
    Paul Reid and Mishi Kato (Another couple?)
    Danny Reid becoming paul's successor with Kono Kato as his partner
    Hayashi's Third Solo Adventure.
    so much territory to cover

Leave a comment:

• pulphero
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenHornet0415 View Post
    No. It's a stand alone issue that has NOTHING to do with the "year one" run. Don't bother unless you can pick it up REAL cheap!
    It's OK. I mean, it's a fun story and not terrible. Not in the same class as Wagner & Campbell's series, though.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Lobster Johnson View Post
    The only issue of Green Hornet: Year One that I do not have is the special (I purchased the omnibus, and that issue was not included). I noticed that a different author wrote the book. Is that comic as good as the rest of the series?
    No. It's a stand alone issue that has NOTHING to do with the "year one" run. Don't bother unless you can pick it up REAL cheap!

Leave a comment:

• Lobster Johnson
    replied
    The only issue of Green Hornet: Year One that I do not have is the special (I purchased the omnibus, and that issue was not included). I noticed that a different author wrote the book. Is that comic as good as the rest of the series?

Leave a comment:

• pulphero
    replied
    As it happens, I've just been re-reading a few of the old NOW Comics Green Hornets. The very first issue of their (Volume 1) Green Hornet series by Ron Fortier told the interesting, self-contained story of the original Green Hornet called "My Last Case". Of course, it's by no means the same story as Waid began to tell, but there are some parallels. Fortier's story opened with an older, retired Britt Reid narrating the story, and so did Waid's. I believe this is exactly what Waid intended at the start, but he changed his mind sometime after three quarters of the series had been published.

Leave a comment:

• Lobster Johnson
    replied
    Agreed. Casey seemed to go crazy without much warning.
    Did anybody notice that GH was hit over the head with a telephone for the second time in this series? Maybe he has a weakness to telephones.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by pulphero View Post
    Now that I think about it, the bit with Lenore Case going off the deep end seems a little contrived, and not foreshadowed in any way by her previous behavior. It occurs to me that Mark Waid may originally have intended to tell a story in which the Hornet and Kato DID retire (due to all the unforeseen negative consequences of Britt's actions), and then changed his mind (due to the choice being forced upon him by falling sales) in a way that is kind of a cry for help from the readers to demand more GH stories from DE.

If this is indeed the end for the Green Hornet at DE, I wonder if an actual end to the Hornet's career wouldn't have made a more satisfactory ending to this series after all.
    I agree. The last issue seemed a bit forced. We had a glimpse of Case enjoying the action of being a hero a couple of issues back, but this seems like a real leap. Even if GH and Kato retired, Dynamite could always invent a crisis to bring them back. I really wonder if Waid's intention was to have them retire and there were creative differences with Dynamite?

This is pure conjecture, but I wonder if this ending and fact Waid's Doctor Spektor only going for four issues are somehow connected. Both are great titles. I wonder if there was a disagreement on ending of GH and that spilled over into Spektor?

Leave a comment:

• Lobster Johnson
    replied
    Wow what a great series. In my opinion, this was tied for Dynamite's best pulp comic so far (with shadow: year one and GH: year one). I loved the last issue, especially the last three pages. Let's roll, Kato.

My first post!

Leave a comment:

• Ghornet2
    replied
    Thought I'd post a couple of photos of the radio cast.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Al Hodge.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	48853

Name:	Raymond_Hayashi10.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	48854

Name:	Lenore_Allman11.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	48855
    Britt Reid, Kato and Miss. Case and Mike Axford.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X