Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justice Inc unites Shadow, Avenger, Doc, and more.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justice Inc unites Shadow, Avenger, Doc, and more.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52267

Big announcement, enjoy!
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Beat you to it.

Comment

Too bad Dynamite don't make Action Figures

Those guys look great (Wouldn't mind a classic Spider, pointy teeth and all, in there too)

Amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Renaud View Post
        Too bad Dynamite don't make Action Figures
        There was an announcement last year that Dynamite had plans to launch a merchandise line (which presumably would happen in 2014), but no follow up to that so far.

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
          There was an announcement last year that Dynamite had plans to launch a merchandise line (which presumably would happen in 2014), but no follow up to that so far.
          In that case, here's my shopping list :-)

- The Spider (Classic look)
          - The Shadow
          - Doc Savage
          - The Avenger
          - Green Lama (Project Superpowers)
          - Death-Defying Devil (Project Superpowers)
          - Black Terror (Project Superpowers)
          - Green Hornet (Year One)
          - Kato (Year One)
          - Black Bat
          - Miss Fury
          - Pyroman (Project Superpowers)
          - The Target (Project Superpowers)
          - V-Man (Project Superpowers)
          - Cat-Man (Project Superpowers)

For a start
          Last edited by Renaud; 04-22-2014, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Keep in mind that Dynamite doesn't actually OWN many of the characters on your wish list, it merely licenses them. Not to say action figures would be impossible, but existing licensing agreements may well specify the right to publish printed material ONLY. Public domain characters (like the Black Bat, Miss Fury, and most of the PSP characters except the Green Lama) would probably be fair game, along with characters that Dynamite actually owns, like Vampirella and Evil Ernie.
            Last edited by pulphero; 04-23-2014, 02:20 AM.

Comment

I'm excited for this book, and anything pulp related from Dynamite. So far everything seems good coming out of the news of this book, hopefully more pulp announcements are forthcoming for us dedicated fans!
              Dynamite Entertainment
              Forum Administrator

Comment

I'm excited for this book but I don't want dynamite to keep lumping these characters together. I want to see them in their own books tok where they can grow and have classic adventures.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTerror View Post
                  I'm excited for this book but I don't want dynamite to keep lumping these characters together. I want to see them in their own books tok where they can grow and have classic adventures.
                  This is the first time Doc Savage and The Avenger have been lumped together with anything or anyone. You can hardly blame them for using the Shadow to draw attention, since he's the most well-known among the bunch (or indeed, almost any combination of pulp characters Dynamite can dream up). I don't see this as "Masks 2" with a slightly different cast. This is only the third crossover story for The Shadow (in Dynamite's publishing history) so don't freak out or anything. People like crossover stories. I don't think at this point you can say they're overused at DE.

Comment

Originally posted by Renaud View Post
                    In that case, here's my shopping list :-)

- The Spider (Classic look)
                    - The Shadow
                    - Doc Savage
                    - The Avenger
                    - Green Lama (Project Superpowers)
                    - Death-Defying Devil (Project Superpowers)
                    - Black Terror (Project Superpowers)
                    - Green Hornet (Year One)
                    - Kato (Year One)
                    - Black Bat
                    - Miss Fury
                    - Pyroman (Project Superpowers)
                    - The Target (Project Superpowers)
                    - V-Man (Project Superpowers)
                    - Cat-Man (Project Superpowers)

For a start
                    I agree. I would luv to have QUALITY action figures with these DE characters. (Even if we couldn't get Green Lama.)
                    For me, the heroes (and villains) would be in 6" size -- with all of the articulation and quality sculpting that the DC and Marvel characters have today. (See: Hasbro's Captain America, Winter Soldier figures and DCC's Crime Syndicate of America figures.)

It would be hard to buy poor quality figures even though I wanted the heroes.

"Death-Defying Devil", Black Terror, the pulp heroes, and Magno, Davey, and The Clown would be high on MY list.
                    (Just between you and me, I would probably call "Death-Defying Devil" another name....but only in the privacy of my own home. With the doors locked.)

Maybe after Justice Inc. gets established, and the book needs a "shot in the arm", maybe The Spider could guest-star or join. But, for me, no one else should be in Justice Inc.
                    The "Big Four" would be enough.

And what a GREAT cover by Ross. Just Classic.
                    Last edited by Magno; 04-27-2014, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Re: PSP action figures

Well, GBJR Toys has plans to produce the following action figures:

Golden Age Daredevil
                      Black Terror
                      Blue Beetle
                      The Arrow
                      The Heap
                      If you want to get all 5 of the above Golden Age figures, you can reserve a set and get an exclusive figure of The Claw (not pictured), which is supposed to ship 10-12 weeks after the set ships.
                      Dick Tracy
                      The Phantom
                      Defenders of the Earth Box Set (no picture available)

These would be limited production runs, not distributed through the usual channels. Apparently none of the above figures are actually available yet, but once they are actually produced, it seems they sell out pretty quickly, judging from past figures produced. Other than that, I know nothing about the company. They do provide an email link for you to ask any questions you might have about when these things might actually get made.
                      Last edited by pulphero; 04-27-2014, 07:19 AM.

Comment

So it seems to me that we may see Green Hornet and Mayne a few other pulp heroes in this series judging by Nick's response. My money is definitely on The Green Hornet but I'm hoping for Black Bat too.
                        Dynamite Entertainment
                        Forum Administrator

Comment

Hope it stays focused on just the 3 Street & Smith pulp heroes: The Shadow, Doc Savage, and The Avenger. Seems to me that a lot of people complained that MASKS was too cramped to give all the characters in it enough 'screen time'. And let's not forget that each of the S&S Big 3 had his own cast of colleagues. I'd hate to see them totally ignored as if they didn't exist. Probably have to whittle the size of their usual parts in a story down, and reduce the numbers of the full supporting casts to just a couple per hero: Harry & Margo, Monk & Ham, Mac & Smitty.

Comment

Hope it stays focused on just the 3 Street & Smith pulp heroes: The Shadow, Doc Savage, and The Avenger. Seems to me that a lot of people complained that MASKS was too cramped to give all the characters in it enough 'screen time'. And let's not forget that each of the S&S Big 3 had his own cast of colleagues. I'd hate to see them totally ignored as if they didn't exist. Probably have to whittle the size of their usual parts in a story down, and reduce the numbers of the full supporting casts to just a couple per hero: Harry & Margo, Monk & Ham, Mac & Smitty.
                            I agree adding any more heroes would cramp things a good bit. Maybe if they have to be in a couple of different cities we could get a quick 1 page cameo but that's about all I'd want.
                            Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                            Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                            http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

I agree, too. The focus should just be on the 3 Street & Smith pulp heroes and some of their cast.

I probably should not have mentioned The Spider. Just thought a guest-star like him might spice up things if the trajectory of the book slowed but I guess it just opens the door for other heroes to come in.

Maybe if JUSTICE INC is successful, maybe the other pulp heroes could form another group. (With Black Bat, Green Hornet, The Spider, ....and others that would be written by another writer and drawn by a different artist. Maybe, as fans, we could see the contrast of the two groups.

BUT LET'S MAKE JUSTICE INC SUCCESSFUL FIRST!!

AS FAR AS the : PSP action figures
                              Well, GBJR Toys has plans to produce the following action figures:

Golden Age Daredevil
                              Black Terror
                              Blue Beetle
                              The Arrow
                              The Heap
                              If you want to get all 5 of the above Golden Age figures, you can reserve a set and get an exclusive figure of The Claw (not pictured), which is supposed to ship 10-12 weeks after the set ships.
                              Dick Tracy
                              The Phantom
                              Defenders of the Earth Box Set (no picture available)

These would be limited production runs, not distributed through the usual channels. Apparently none of the above figures are actually available yet, but once they are actually produced, it seems they sell out pretty quickly, judging from past figures produced. Other than that, I know nothing about the company. They do provide an email link for you to ask any questions you might have about when these things might actually get made.

I don't want to hurt anyone's business--- but I think I've ordered figures from these guys before and never got the figures. I just e-mailed them about it but ended up in a maddening loop. Tried their forums page but there was no such page.
                              Has anyone received any of these figures?? I had ordered a Blue Beetle and Golden Age Daredevil figure but got nothing. I think it was called "Shockers" ...at the time. Can anyone verify??
                              Last edited by Magno; 04-28-2014, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X