Dynamite pulp's Phase Two

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BslytheGamerGuy View Post
    I think what the OP meant from "phase two" is that we are moving in the direction of seeing these books come out as a flow of ongoing mini's done by multiple creative staff rather than an ongoing series. It's sort of a "second life" for these pulp characters, if you will.
    That's exactly what I meant, though there has been no official statement that will be be seeing that happen. I was just saying that if that does happen then we could be looking at this as the second age of pulp from DE.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

I have no problem with a lack of ongoing series, as long as there continues to be a stream of few titles released every month. No sense getting hung up on consecutive numbers.

Comment

They should do them in packages where for 4-6 months we get Shadow, Spider, and Black Bat, and then the next 4-6 months we get Miss Fury, Green Hornet, and Doc Savage or something. That way we always have something to look forward to.
        Dynamite Entertainment
        Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

I don't think they need to work out some exact formula or anything. Let the story and the characters dictate where it goes. A limited series could be anywhere from a one-shot to 12 issues, or anywhere in between. Just so long as they have 3 or 4 titles coming out every month. Some will be single character stories, and some mixing characters in different combos. Like with the surprise appearance of The Avenger, they need to keep it fresh by throwing something new into the mix every so often, even crossovers with other companies (yes, I am counting Batman '66 Meets the Green Hornet as part of this). A story crossing over with Dark Horse's Captain Midnight wouldn't be out of line... or the Lobster, or the Black Beetle.
          Last edited by pulphero; 04-29-2014, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Oh, OK, cool re: not a reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
              I have no problem with a lack of ongoing series, as long as there continues to be a stream of few titles released every month. No sense getting hung up on consecutive numbers.
              Seconded.

Including books like Noir, Masks, whatever. So long as the characters are available in some form.

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
                Seconded as well. All though I'd perfer to see at least 1if not 2 of the big names (Shadow, Spider, Hornet Doc etc) in print at all times.
                Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                  I'm thinking we should consider the Midnight in Moscow Shadow mini and the new Justice Inc to be the official Phase Two of the Dynamite pulp era. What do you guys think?

It would be the first pulp related project since the initial books came to an end and I'm sure we are not too far away from something Green Hornet related and I think it may be the kickoff to the bursts of mini's we've been clamoring for.

Any thoughts?
                  I,d love a GH mini set in the 60s.
                  I,d love a "Masks 2"
                  I,d love "Noir" team-up.

I,d REALLY love The Spider and Miss Fury in a mini together.It would be a blood bath!!

RALPH.

Comment

Originally posted by ralphtown View Post
                    I,d love a GH mini set in the 60s.
                    I,d love a "Masks 2"
                    I,d love "Noir" team-up.

I,d REALLY love The Spider and Miss Fury in a mini together.It would be a blood bath!!

RALPH.
                    I am ok with minis followed by minis. The continuous stream of minis would be great. Yes on a Masks 2 or more Noir team-ups! Maybe that time travel device in the final few issues of the Spider can be put to use in teaming up with Miss Fury?

However, as much as I want favorite pulp characters like The Spider, G-8 and his Battle Aces, Lord of the Jungle (how about a team up with the Phantom?), make sure the big guns get their due--The Shadow, Doc Savage, Warlord of Mars, and the Green Hornet.

Comment

Whatever the direction is in the future, Dynamite has to be consistent when it comes to getting out issues on a regular basis. I'd prefer my stories monthly, but it also needs to be every month or it becomes too easy to lose interest when buying individual issues.
                      (It would be even better if it was the same week each month, but that might be asking for too much.)

Comment

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...cing-tomorrow/

The announcement?

Comment

Originally posted by BslytheGamerGuy View Post
                          Probably this:

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...rlord-of-mars/

Comment

And there's now the August solicitations available:
                            http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...s-justice-inc/, which includes JUSTICE, INC. #1 (of 6).

Comment

Working...
                            X