Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Shadow: Midnight in Moscow/Chaykin Shadow MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shadow: Midnight in Moscow/Chaykin Shadow MEGATHREAD!

Coming in April 2012!

Click image for larger version

Name:	117154_389028_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	49495
    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Great Reprint! One of Chaykin´s best.

I think it is a great Idea to reprint this classic mini-series. I would have bought it because it is fantastic stuff. I bought the German Edition of the original paperback in the early nineties. Two years ago i´ve bought the complete series because I want to read it in english. It was a great buy. If the soon coming TPB had been recolored I would have bought it also.

Comment

If it's the typical quality of Dynamite's trade paperbacks, it should have a glossy cover of reasonably thick cardstock and good quality interior paper. Although I do own the early '90s DC tpb, it always bugged me that the thing seems rather flimsy, with a thin cardstock non-glossy cover.
      DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Chaykin returns to THE SHADOW!

YYYYEEEESSS!!!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=46655

This is...awesome!

Comment

I'm getting a bit worried about over saturation of The Shadow with all of these series either out or coming out, as I've mentioned before. I'm excited personally, but I don't want the bubble to burst here......

Comment

Well, this is another mini-series. I don't mind periodic mini-series.

Comment

I wonder if this will maintain any continuity with Chaykin's Blood and Judgment, even though it takes place 40 years earlier?

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
                I wonder if this will maintain any continuity with Chaykin's Blood and Judgement, even though it takes place 40 years earlier?
                Apparently it is. Its set just before The Shadow's disappearance that he returned from in Blood and Judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by KentAllard View Post
                  Apparently it is. Its set just before The Shadow's disappearance that he returned from in Blood and Judgement.
                  But The Shadow really DID disappear in 1949 - that's when his pulp magazine was cancelled. So that 'disappearance' isn't Chaykin's own invention. Presumably this is the story of WHY he disappeared, but whether that directly impinges on story elements from Blood & Judgment is anyone's guess.

Comment

I've never been a huge fan of Chaykin...Is his prior series worth a read? I'm still on the fence about this series. This is the first Shadow series I saw and thought "meh."

Comment

If you've never been a Chaykin fan, you probably won't dig his four-issue shadow mini from way back, BLOOD AND JUDGEMENT.

I'm a big fan so i loved it, but it's VERY "Chaykin".

Comment

I would much rather have them bring back Denny O'Neil and Michael Kaluta.

Comment

Originally posted by benigngerm View Post
                          I would much rather have them bring back Denny O'Neil and Michael Kaluta.
                          That would be fantastic, but I think The Shadow & Green Hornet: Dark Knights is probably about as close as we're likely to get to the 1970s DC Shadow.

Nick Barrucci has stated many times that Chaykin's Blood and Judgment is one of his all-time favorite series, so it's not surprising, especially in light of the fact that Chaykin has been doing covers for The Shadow Year One for months now.

What's my ultimate dream creative team on The Shadow? Steranko, Steranko, and Steranko.
                          Last edited by pulphero; 07-28-2013, 07:04 AM.

Comment

What's my ultimate dream creative team on The Shadow? Steranko, Steranko, and Steranko.
                            How can anyone argue with that. I've always loved his work and was 16 when I unknowingly picked up his 'Supergirls' calender. Talk about blown away.
                            Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                            Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                            http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

But The Shadow really DID disappear in 1949 - that's when his pulp magazine was cancelled. So that 'disappearance' isn't Chaykin's own invention. Presumably this is the story of WHY he disappeared, but whether that directly impinges on story elements from Blood & Judgment is anyone's guess.
                              It does directly impinge on Blood & Judgement. It is a prequel story to it. Explaining why The Shadow disappeared before he returned in the 80's. That is what has been said about this new mini series.

Comment

Working...
                              X