No announcement yet.

Rough chronology of Dynamite's pulp line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not quite sure I want to get into theology here--I'll just say that I think we may disagree on some things.

Re comics, we can all enjoy our lines on paper in our own ways.

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
      Not quite sure I want to get into theology here--I'll just say that I think we may disagree on some things.

Re comics, we can all enjoy our lines on paper in our own ways.
      I agree.

Back to ChastMastr's original list: (Sometimes these speculative discussions are what make these posts fun!)

I was trying to reconcile the DE Spider series which I love with the DE Spider appearances in Masks and Code Name Action. In the later issues of the Spider there was mention of Wentworth Industries experimenting with a time machine. In my imagination, the Spider and his allies traveled back in time to serve in those comic stories. My theory has plot holes the size of a truck. But I had hoped that DE would develop its Pulp line to allow stories from the Pulp era and allow stories set in the modern day. It works with The Shadow Now series as it was established that he spent time in the mystic Shang-ri-la (spelling bad sorry) and is the same person just in modern day. It works in the recent Doc Savage series as Doc developed an immortality process. It works with the Green Hornet and the Phantom due to legacies. It works with Miss Fury due to time travel. Tarzan in later books discovered immortality pills. The Lone Ranger is related to the Green Hornet (established on the radio years ago). Zorro has his legacy bearers. Warlord of Mars is forever young due to the nature of Barsoom. Mandrake and Lothar are magically immortal(?). Flash Gordon appears in different infinite dimensions but always the hero(?). I hoped the final issue of the Spider might establish that idea. DE can create this wonderful Pulp toolbox that creators can choose the time period or dimension to play with given a pulp character they pick. Look at the Legendary series set in a steampunk dimension. Shared universes can be fun. Speculating on that shared connectivity is also fun. I would love to see Stargate SG1 added to that chronology. I could see a Flash Gordon/Stargate crossover from DE. I would want to see that Flash Gordon/Buck Rogers crossover. How about a proper Lord of the Jungle/Doc Savage crossover? The Phantom/Lord of the Jungle? The Spider/Justice Inc.? More Masks like series! Looking forward to Justice Inc.!!! Thank you DE for entertaining me!
      Last edited by Blinky McQuade; 05-07-2014, 10:09 AM. Reason: adding more

Comment

Originally posted by Blinky McQuade View Post
        In the later issues of the Spider there was mention of Wentworth Industries experimenting with a time machine.
        I suspect they may have been foreshadowing some sort of Spider/Miss Fury crossover with the time machine bit. Now with both series ended, hard to say whether something like that would happen, but anything's possible, I guess.

Comment

Working...
        X