No announcement yet.

The Shadow series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just wanted to echo this sentiment as well. Things are so much better than when it was just Blackthorne putting out anything in this arena. I find I am moving away from the mainstream and enjoying more and more of these every month. I don't remember a time when collecting that there were so many great titles to look forward to each month!

Comment

• Ive been into old time radio show almost as long as I can remember and a fan of Doc Savage since High School. A friend got me started on movie serials years ago and now I'm slowly getting into other pulp characters. The double Spider reprints are due in a month or so. I'm looking forward to Black Bat and Miss Fury.
      Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
      Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
      http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Shadow #10

I got this in my mailbox about a week ago and way blown away, what a great follow up to an amazing issue #9! We also see Black Sparrow vs The Shadow once again and the ending was absolutely sick!
        Dynamite Entertainment
        Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• PROS: This continues to be one of the best-looking titles, artwise, that Dynamite publishes, along with The Spider. Can't beat the one-two punch combination of Alex Ross and Francesco Francavilla covers, either. For once, the mystic powers were handled with a degree of subtlety, instead of everyone talking about them. I will miss Aaron Campbell when he departs the book. Which is a shame, since I'm looking forward to seeing what Chris Roberson does with the character. Bonus: Miss Fury preview!

CONS: I'm still a little confused about why Baron Heinrich Zemo wanted to take over Spain; I assume he must have been under orders from Hitler. And for a guy whose powers allow him to boggle men's brains, you'd think that once in a while, The Shadow could keep his identity a secret from the bad guy. Still, if you know your enemy is The Shadow, how stupid do you have to be to invite him to your secret summit meeting? Oh well.
          Last edited by positronic; 03-12-2013, 10:59 PM.
          DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• #Pulpcomics Twitter event going on on Twitter right now

Just started a #pulpcomics campaign over on Twitter, if you have a Twitter than log on and join in!
            Dynamite Entertainment
            Forum Administrator

Comment

• What did everyone think of The Shadow #10? I felt that it carried over the story from the last issue well with more Del Rey and Black Sparrow action, I really enjoyed it. The art really has been working well as of the past several issues and Gischler has been doing a fantastic job with this series from a writing standpoint.

I'm really loving this book and issue #10 read really fast and was a fun breeze through with a lot of action, great stuff!

Comment

• this issue was sick! Sparrow versas Shadow once again and a nice ending that really rocked. Pure gold!

Comment

• I'm a huge Black Sparrow fan now thanks to her being in the last two issues if The Shadow, she's such a fun character.
                  Dynamite Entertainment
                  Forum Administrator

Comment

• Amazing issue, as per usual with this series. VG is an amazing writer and his action scenes are written really well, they're drawn amazing by Campbell as well and the scenes of Sparrow fighting Shadow were just breathetaking! Keep up the great work with this book Dynamite, it's crafted so well and it really had me at the edge of my seat with the action.

Comment

• The Shadow #11 *spoilers*

This issue was epic, what a conclusion to the El Rey and Black Sparrow storyline! I can't wait for you all to read this!
                      Dynamite Entertainment
                      Forum Administrator

Comment

• I will be sad to see both El Ray and Black Sparrow go if they're time in this book is over, they've both been phenomenal characters and great adversaries for The Shadow and deserve more page time. On the plus side, I look forward to seeing who or what The Shadow is up against next.

Tomorrow needs to be here today. Period.

Comment

• Got a copy of this yesterday under the table by my comic book guy and wow......what an epic issue! This was probably the best issue of The Shadow yet, inside these pages we get to see El Rey exposed for what he is, we get another Sparrow vs Shadow brawl, an epic and stunning "goodbye" for one character, and an ending that makes you think out loud. It's pretty damn awesome.

Buy this, you will be happy you did.

Comment

• I got it and read it right away and it was truly awesome. The battle between The Shadow and Black sparrow was epic and the way it ended was really kind of cold hearted and shocking, I really enjoyed it a lot. And the El Ray situation was cool, I almost saw that coming and I knew Sparrow was the top dog of it all.

Comment

• I was sad to see Black Sparrow have to go, she was an awesome adversary and a cunning chick!

Seeing The Shadow just shove her off and watch her fall was heartbreaking for me, but he did what must be done.
                              Dynamite Entertainment
                              Forum Administrator

Comment

• I read it and have it now, got it at the store this morning. I liked it a lot, the shadow fighting sparow was my favorite part of the book and I hope she is not dead but I bet she really is.

Comment

Working...
                                X