No announcement yet.

The Shadow series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, that was grim. Even for the Shadow.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheTerror View Post
      I read it and have it now, got it at the store this morning. I liked it a lot, the shadow fighting sparow was my favorite part of the book and I hope she is not dead but I bet she really is.
      Thanks for the spoiler.
      DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• Well, the book is out and I would assume that if we're discussing the issue that we will be....discussing the issue, along with everything that went on inside of the issue. I don't see any harm in him giving away the ending.

An ending which was awesome.
        Dynamite Entertainment
        Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• It does say "Spoilers" in the title.....

I'm actually re-reading issues 9-11 to get the whole scope of the Black Sparrow storyline an the battle with The Shadow, this has been one of my favorite comic book arc's all year and I'm sad that it's over. I really hope the Black Sparrow isn't dead, I hope she survives somehow and comes back in a few issues, but since she was Gischlers' creation as he noted on Twitter I seriously doubt whoever takes over the book next will want to use her. But who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
            Well, the book is out and I would assume that if we're discussing the issue that we will be....discussing the issue, along with everything that went on inside of the issue. I don't see any harm in him giving away the ending.

An ending which was awesome.
            You might give everyone else a day or three to read it first, before giving away the ending. Or at least warn us in the thread title BEFORE ruining it.
            DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• Originally posted by positronic View Post
              You might give everyone else a day or three to read it first, before giving away the ending. Or at least warn us in the thread title BEFORE ruining it.

Its in the thread title haha

Comment

• Originally posted by positronic View Post
                Honestly, I wouldn't enter into a thread about a book that's currently available unless I expected to come across spoilers. Plus, it's noted in the thread title.

Just sayin'.
                Dynamite Entertainment
                Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Okay, after reading issues 9-11 (including 11 a whopping 4 times) I would say its time for me to retire this issue into its proper bin.

Thank you to the creative team for such an amazing offering this month!

Comment

• Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                    Honestly, I wouldn't enter into a thread about a book that's currently available unless I expected to come across spoilers. Plus, it's noted in the thread title.

Just sayin'.
                    You mean NOW it's noted in the thread title.

Comment

• How to get the comics?

So my local comic book store, that has been very good to me, refuses to carry most pulp books as there is no market for it here. I dislike buying digitally, is there a way for me to order them from somewhere, or will I have to try to find a new store somewhere close by (probably 30-45 minutes away)? I missed Miss Fury #1, and can't get The Shadow. The only thing my retailer wants to carry is Masks and Green Hornet. But I want to find a retailer by the time Black Bat and The Owl hit. Anyone have any help with my situation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravingnerd View Post
                        So my local comic book store, that has been very good to me, refuses to carry most pulp books as there is no market for it here. I dislike buying digitally, is there a way for me to order them from somewhere, or will I have to try to find a new store somewhere close by (probably 30-45 minutes away)? I missed Miss Fury #1, and can't get The Shadow. The only thing my retailer wants to carry is Masks and Green Hornet. But I want to find a retailer by the time Black Bat and The Owl hit. Anyone have any help with my situation?
                        Here's what I said to the other guy that just asked a similar question:

That is an interesting question. If you go to the Dynamite web site main page, and click on the banner where it says "SHOP", you can definitely order titles directly from Dynamite (use the search box to locate a particular title) and add them to your cart. You can order the Subscription Variant. And certain other variant covers are definitely listed (but you will pay $$$ for them). The solicitation description even lists the UPC codes for "regular" 50/50 and 25/25/25/25 cover variants (and 1-in-X), so presumably a retailer could use the code to order a specific cover for you (although the 1-in-X covers require a minimum order of the basic cover assortments). But as far as I can tell there isn't a way to specify a particular cover when ordering from among the regular variants from Dynamite.

It does seem like there should be. I know some other comic book companies do that when you order directly from them. But Dynamite is producing more variant covers on a per-month basis than all other companies combined, it seems. There are so many of them that maybe it is too much of a hassle for Dynamite to sort them all out by cover artist for each customer.

Comment

• There are other online retailers (I can't recommend any, since I haven't dealt with any personally - maybe someone else can jump in here with a recommendation) who will be happy to set up a subscription for you to whatever titles you need. Depending on the size of your order, there may even be a discount off cover price. However, you can still expect to pay for shipping, so factor that in to the cost (versus driving to another comic shop 1/2 hour away). With Dynamite, however, getting a specific cover for a specific issue of a specific title is, I suspect, still going to be a problem when dealing with any online retailers. It can be a problem even when getting your comics from a local retailer, as many of the DE titles are not ordered in great quantities, depending on the area where you live. Up until just recently, Dynamite did not even provide a separate UPC code for each cover, and had a single order code number for all the evenly-distributed covers (usually, a Dynamite title is produced with 2, 3, or 4 covers evenly distributed among the print run). Then there are the 1-in-10, 1-in-25, 1-in-50, and 1-in-100 cover variants, which require a retailer to order a minimum quantity as indicated to have the opportunity to order just ONE of that particular variant. Expect those to be priced accordingly, as instant collectibles.

Comment

• Thank you all for the help! I have ended up just purchasing what I need from Dynamite. Not only will I get what I need, but I feel good that my money is going directly to them, and not a retailer who refuses to service me or carry some of the best comics on the shelf.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravingnerd View Post
                              So my local comic book store, that has been very good to me, refuses to carry most pulp books as there is no market for it here.
                              In defense of the small retailer, who you admit has been good to you:

It's not the easiest job in the world sometimes. Comic book fans are finicky customers (I know; I am one of them). It's not that the retailers don't care about the needs of the individual customer, it's just difficult to have everything available to everybody. "Everything" is a whole LOT of titles. Sometimes a retailer will go out on a limb and take a chance on some new title and order/promote it heavily. That doesn't always work out, however, and he can be stuck with dozens of copies of useless stock that just eats away at his profit margin. And once burned, twice shy, as they say, so after giving stuff a reasonable number of tries, sometimes he just has to draw a line to stay in business. He can even be burned by having too much confidence in his own instincts and trying to promote what he personally likes. It's a shame that there isn't a bigger market for the pulp genre titles, but it is what it is. The general public doesn't always have good taste.

Comment

• He kind of lost me on that bit where the Shadow is having the exact same conversation in two different times and places with two different people. Not sure how that can happen, but maybe personal spacetime travel is one of the Shadow's powers.

Comment

Working...
                                X