No announcement yet.

The Shadow series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its like, how can someone read an issue like this and then read something from Marvel or DC and think that crap is any good? LoL. Seriously, The Shadow 11 was the best issue I've read of any comic all year, then only thing that cones close is Harbinger by Valiant. I loved how cols hearted Lamont was with Sparrow, that ending was sick.

Comment

• Yeah get them directly from Dynamite it midtowncomics. com, they both ship fairly fast.

Comment

• Having had a small comic shop back in the day (I was open 3 weeks before I had to order the death of Superman) I can speak on how hard it can be to keep people happy. You hae a minimum of a title that you can order, it use to be 3, and if you don't sell at least 2 you don't make a profit. If you only have one customer that wants a particular title you have to decide to take a chance or dispappoint that customer. Not to mention having to find a place to store all of your overstock if you guess wrong. My LCS regularly has a dollar sale, probably to clear out back issues that aren't moving etc. It's definitly a balanceing act.
        Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
        Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
        http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
          Having had a small comic shop back in the day (I was open 3 weeks before I had to order the death of Superman) I can speak on how hard it can be to keep people happy. You hae a minimum of a title that you can order, it use to be 3, and if you don't sell at least 2 you don't make a profit. If you only have one customer that wants a particular title you have to decide to take a chance or dispappoint that customer. Not to mention having to find a place to store all of your overstock if you guess wrong. My LCS regularly has a dollar sale, probably to clear out back issues that aren't moving etc. It's definitly a balanceing act.
          Dollar sale? You guys are high rollers. Our LCS used to have back issue bins, now it has bins of $5 and $10 liquidation sale TPBs and HCs. When someone asks where the back issue section is, they point to rows of long boxes, unsorted and ungraded, for 50 cents each (and they get cheaper the more you buy). This is the state of the comic book economy in 2013.
          DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravingnerd View Post
            So my local comic book store, that has been very good to me, refuses to carry most pulp books as there is no market for it here. I dislike buying digitally, is there a way for me to order them from somewhere, or will I have to try to find a new store somewhere close by (probably 30-45 minutes away)? I missed Miss Fury #1, and can't get The Shadow. The only thing my retailer wants to carry is Masks and Green Hornet. But I want to find a retailer by the time Black Bat and The Owl hit. Anyone have any help with my situation?
            ...then find a new retailer.

I *am* a retailer, and I'll order in anything for anyone. If he can order through Diamond, then he can get the books. There's no reason he can't add one copy of the books you want to his order.

And in any case, cash talks. Offer to pre-pay, so he knows that if you don't pick up the books, he's not stuck eating the cost of books he deems unsaleable. Many stores (mine included) even offer a discount for either opening a subscription file or pre-paying.

If your retailer won't do any of that, it's time to order online or from another local retailer.

Because that's silly.

-E

Comment

• I have never been to a retailer who would flat out refuse to order a comic.

Comment

• The Shadow #12

Wow, what a drastic change to the art! If you liked it before you're going to absolutely love it now! Seriously, this is some of the best interior art I've seen inside of a comic book this year!
                Dynamite Entertainment
                Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Solicitation credits say (W)Gischler and (A)Campbell, same as the last few issues. If this is wrong, what are the correct credits?
                  DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• Originally posted by positronic View Post
                    Solicitation credits say (W)Gischler and (A)Campbell, same as the last few issues. If this is wrong, what are the correct credits?
                    The art is by a guy named Giovanni Timpano, and it's very nice!
                    Dynamite Entertainment
                    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Okay, I loved Campbell but now I'm excited to see this new artists. He's been chatting non twitter about working on the book so I can't wait to see these pages!

Comment

• Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                        Wow, what a drastic change to the art! If you liked it before you're going to absolutely love it now! Seriously, this is some of the best interior art I've seen inside of a comic book this year!
                        Giovanni Timpani's art is all right. Not as drastic a step down as going from Alex Ross to Dennis Calero, I guess. But I hope Timpani's just on this arc to give Aaron Campbell a breather and time to get ahead on the next arc. It was nice to finally see The Shadow back in New York.

Comment

• I got this today and really loved the interior art, it's very clean and very nice and gives The Shadow a nice polished look to it. Giovanni is much better than Campbell, even though I dig Campbell, but I just really enjoy these kinds of interiors a lot better. I really liked this issue, it was a nice stand alone story with some killer sexy ladies, I've never seen Margo drawn so hot. Amazing issue in my eyes and I can't wait for more, though I do hope we get another arc soon since I'm ready for something epic (even though I dig the stand alone issues).

Comment

• A nice and quick tale that made me fall in love with this book even more. I'm also with those in favor of this new artist, his stuff was damn good and I don't think I've seen a sexier female all year in comics than the chick at the whore house, she was amazing! The Shadow really had things in control here with the mind reading and the powers making her do this stuff he wanted, he's got this down to a science and I really feel like some stories in NY would be great to enjoy.

Love this book, Dynamite! Please, keep them coming!

PS: Keep The Spider going too

Comment

• Great issue and love the new artist on it. I love how the shadow got what he wanted by making the girl set it up at the whore house he always gets his man baby!

Comment

• Originally posted by manga4life View Post
                                I got this today and really loved the interior art, it's very clean and very nice and gives The Shadow a nice polished look to it. Giovanni is much better than Campbell, even though I dig Campbell, but I just really enjoy these kinds of interiors a lot better. I really liked this issue, it was a nice stand alone story with some killer sexy ladies, I've never seen Margo drawn so hot. Amazing issue in my eyes and I can't wait for more, though I do hope we get another arc soon since I'm ready for something epic (even though I dig the stand alone issues).
                                Manga, I could not have said it better myself. Totally agree. No disrespect to Campbell, but I would enjoy seeing Giovanni continue. We saw a one issue change in art with Hebert a few issues back, so I am not sure who will be continuing. If Giovanni isnt the continuing artist on Shadow, I hope Dynamite tabs him for another title.

Comment

Working...
                                X