No announcement yet.

The Shadow series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gischler mentioned on Twitter a while back that Giovanni would be continuing on the title for the time being.

Comment

• i really liked the art this issue. another great issue. the final page with Margo and Lamont eating hotdogs was fun.

Comment

• Y'know, I'm never really sure which one is Margo, because sometimes she has blonde hair, sometimes brown, sometimes black. While she's likely to be the female with the most dialogue, sometimes I just have to wait until Cranston calls her by name to be sure.
        DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• Haven't read the issue yet, but I'm hoping that the art isn't too clean. The world of the Shadow should be a bit rough.

Comment

• Originally posted by db8coach View Post
            Haven't read the issue yet, but I'm hoping that the art isn't too clean. The world of the Shadow should be a bit rough.
            I agree. I would have preferred a replacement more consistent with the style and look established on The Shadow by Aaron Campbell -- say, Guiu Vilanova, a Dynamite regular whose current work is gracing the pages of Dark Shadows Year One. Heavy outlines and liberal spotting of black ink. Some artists are definitely more comfortable working on dark and moody or period pieces, and it shows.

I'm sure Giovanni Timpani would look fine on something more superhero-y/action-oriented/contemporary.
            Last edited by positronic; 04-29-2013, 04:35 AM.
            DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• I'm loving Giovanni on The Shadow, I liked Campbell just fine but I prefer the style of Giovanni to Campbell regardless of genre.
              Dynamite Entertainment
              Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Part of the allure for me in the Pulp"ish" titles is the "dark" artwork. If you want a great example, you should check out Sandman Mystery Theater from Vertigo. Guy Davis killed it on the art and really set the mood for the series. It's the same way I feel about Campbell on The Shadow, a little rough and gritty is good for me. Howard Chaykin was almost too slick on his version of the Shadow. Bill Sinkevitch was perfect on his run of The Shadow and Kyle Baker had a bit of that "rough" to it. Barretto was almost too clean for my taste (although he was a heck of a consistent artist.) Rod Wigham (I think that's how you spell it) was the same way. Even the greatest Shadow artist of ALL TIME Kaluta has a bit of "Edge" to his art with it not being too clean.

Comment

• The shadow number 13 talkback

Who got it!?

I got this and felt it was a good issue, not as good as the past 3 or 4 issues but still very good and the art just rocked this book hard. Love the new artist!

Comment

• I'm pumped to see more of this white garbed nun, or ghost, or whatever the hell it was at the end of this issue. Sadistic, from the looks of her......

Comment

• The "ghost" or "phantom" as they've been calling her is really a cool idea for a villain, I'm really excited to see what Chris Roberson has planned for issue #14! Speaking of Chris, welcome aboard The Shadow dude, I'm sure you'll keep this book going on as fun as it's been and I'm really hyped to what you can bring to the table. Especially after a fantastic run on MASKS. But yeah, The Shadow #13 was a really cool story and I'm excited to see what happens now that The Shadow and the "ghost" are face to face, fireworks I'm guessing.

Comment

• Did anybody else get the feeling that the Lady In White's hit list is connected to the traditional 7 Deadly Sins? Two of the victims would easily fit under the Lust and Gluttony categories. I am less certain how to fit in the shoe lady (Avarice?). And, of course, the unknown corpse could be anything.

Or am I reading too much into it?

Comment

• at first i thought this was going to be another Shadow/Ghost crossover. still, i think its interesting that the Shadow have a foe who might be supernatural or have powers similar to his own.

Comment

• It's clearly the "seven deadly sins" thing.

And she's being called "The Light". There was a villain by the same name in the DC series during the mid-eighties and, I believe, there was a character from the original pulps by that name. I could be wrong (I haven't read NEARLY all of them).

That Positronic guy will know.

And tell us, I'm sure

Comment

• Welcome aboard Mr. Roberson, may your stay on this book be as enjoyable to you as it it to us. Seriously, issue #13 was stellar and Giovanni's art is WOWtastic, just keep it coming and we will keep on buying!

Comment

• Yeah, Chris Roberson really kind of flowed into the role of writing The Shadow and I think him writing the character in Masks definitely helped. I would rank The Shadow among the best comics out today thanks to Gischler's role involved on the book and Roberson's smooth transition in, but the art on the book has dramatically changed in a good way and I'm glad to see this happen. It isn't like I didn't like the previous artist or anything, I just absolutely love how the book looks and feels now, that can go a long way.
                                Dynamite Entertainment
                                Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Working...
                                X