No announcement yet.

The Shadow series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope margo doesn't die, she's kind of hot. The Shadow will make it back in time and will take out the light character I suppose, or i hope so though. Great issue this month!

Comment

• Yes, The Shadow 15 was "wow". The story leading up to the ending was "wow" and the character of The Light is "wow, the whole package is just so amazing that it's hard to believe that there was a point of time when I wasn't reading The Shadow, now it's my top priority each month. Keep it up!

Comment

• The Shadow #16, the hunt is on!

The hunt continues for The Light as The Shadow finds himself in another altercation with her, nailing her with a shot from his gun and drawing blood. It was truly epic in issue #16, this was one of the best installments yet. Seeing The Light bleed was special too, hopefully we see this all come to fruition soon between these two.

Comment

• The battle on the rooftop was amazing, I loved every second of it and it was illustrated beautifully by Timpano. Finally, The Shadow may have a clue he needs to pinpoint this mysterious woman and find out who she is so that he can serve her justice, but man she's making it difficult. I loved how strong Margo was in this issue, she fended for herself and showed some grit, but it was The Shadow who stole the show with some epic scenes of battle and some amazing sequences. Great issue this month, The Light's time is now borrowed!

Comment

• I haven't been too crazy about this storyline. The Light is apparently some sort of ninja nun, although the religious connection has yet to be adequately explained in relation to what she does. Mainly, it just doesn't "feel" like a Shadow story to me, so I'd like to see it wrapped up in the next issue or two and move on to some other plot. On the positive side, Chris Roberson's dialogue and characterization seems better than it was under either Ennis or Gischler. Don't know if Dynamite's planning on having him stay on the book beyond this arc.

Comment

• Originally posted by pulphero View Post
              I haven't been too crazy about this storyline. The Light is apparently some sort of ninja nun, although the religious connection has yet to be adequately explained in relation to what she does. Mainly, it just doesn't "feel" like a Shadow story to me, so I'd like to see it wrapped up in the next issue or two and move on to some other plot. On the positive side, Chris Roberson's dialogue and characterization seems better than it was under either Ennis or Gischler. Don't know if Dynamite's planning on having him stay on the book beyond this arc.
              I have the feeling that Roberson is now Dynamite's go to guy and I do expect him to stick around for another arc when this current one is done. As for this arc, as I've said before I'm absolutely loving it and feel that The Light is a fantastic enemy for The Shadow, I'll be sad to see her come to an ultimately gruesome end when it's complete.

Comment

• The more and more I think about it the more and more I don't want The Light to actually die, I know she eventually will but I really wouldn't mind seeing her disappear and then reappear a few arcs later. She's just made such a huge impression on me and I'd hate to see her go for good, but I'd say it's inevitable that The Shadow will put an end to her killing ways within the next issue or two.

Comment

• I don't want The Light to go either, but I'm pretty certain The Shadow is going to take her out soon and then move on to a new adversary. I do love how this feud is carrying on though, it's been well written and marvelously illustrated and has really been an enjoyable arc. Issue #16 was one of my favorite issues yet!
                  Dynamite Entertainment
                  Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• the shadow #17

How bout the light now!? Seriously, I wish this confrontation could last forever!

Comment

• It looks as if the final showdown between The Shadow and The Light is coming to a head after the finals pages of this issue and I can't freakin' wait to see what happens between the two when the collide for the last time. I would hate to see The Light die but it seems inevitable since The Shadow must deliver justice upon his foes, it was just nice to have her around for as long as we did. What an arc, though!

Comment

• Can't wait for issue 18 withbthenfinal showdown of light vs the shadow!

Comment

• Shadow Annual 2013

Did anybody read this issue? I am always a bit hesitant to pick up annuals because the stories normally seem watered down. This, however, was a great issue. Ande Parks did a great job. It was fast paced, brought in some of The Shadow's backstory and tied in historical figures. The art was first rate as well. I have never heard of Bilquis Evely but she did an excellent job. The illustratons were very detailed and reminded me of Jack Herbert. I wouldn't mind seeing her on more titles. Overall, a great read.

Comment

• Bilquis Evely is the artist on Chris Roberson's new DOC SAVAGE series.

Comment

• Wow, I didn't know that. will have to check it out.

Comment

• There is nothing I would like to see more than DE reprinting Shadow Strikes in TPBs.Added bonus is that they acquired the rights to Doc Savage, so they can reprint the whole crossover that happens early in the series.

Is there any interest in DE for this?

Comment

Working...
                                X