The Shadow series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pulphero View Post
    Which one-shot was it? I think there were three or more within the last year. Same writer?
    The one-shot written by Bunn that wasn't an over-priced issue and was released July 2014. It had Shadow with Harry Houdini. I have no idea how many people bought that issue or how many copies stores bothered to order since I'm not aware of anything being said back then that this would lead into a new on-going series. I was only aware of it being a one-shot issue that sounded more like a separate, stand-alone deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
      The one-shot written by Bunn that wasn't an over-priced issue and was released July 2014. It had Shadow with Harry Houdini. I have no idea how many people bought that issue or how many copies stores bothered to order since I'm not aware of anything being said back then that this would lead into a new on-going series. I was only aware of it being a one-shot issue that sounded more like a separate, stand-alone deal.
      Unfortunately my FLCS is sold out
      Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
      Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
      http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
        Unfortunately my FLCS is sold out
        And it's probably also a question of how few copies get ordered for these things.
        (I don't know how many people were buying / pre-ordering previous runs of The Shadow by Dynamite towards the end.)

Comment

• Double checked with my FLCBS after getting a little more information. They don't have a copy but it is available for order.

The details are at http://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/vi...13021788201011
          Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2

Comment

Double checked with my FLCBS after getting a little more information. They don't have a copy but it is available for order.

The details are at http://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/vi...13021788201011
            Oh right, issue #0, which was only one of a number of #0 issues DE put out in the last year or so. None of the other #0s had plot-threads that were followed-up in subsequent stories. The Shadow #0 story seemed pretty complete in itself to me, so I'm not sure (haven't read v2#1 as yet) how the new series feels like a continuation of that. That sort of continuity is unusual for DE, so I assume it was entirely Bunn's decision on being assigned the new series.

Comment

• i liked #1. i agree that it is a bit odd to tie the ongoing into a one shot from last year...but luckily i have #0 and could refresh my memory. i liked the art. i liked the story. always liked anything that involves Houdini.

Comment

• has anybody read the latest Shadow issue (#2)? The page just before the center ad and the page after have the same text with different pictures . Its strange and make no real sense.
                Last edited by Ghornet2; 09-02-2015, 05:02 PM.

Comment

has anybody read the latest Shadow issue (#2)? The page just before the center ad and the page after have the same text with different pictures . Its strange and make on real sense.
                  I've decided to trade-wait this one, so I can't help you there.

Comment

has anybody read the latest Shadow issue (#2)? The page just before the center ad and the page after have the same text with different pictures . Its strange and make no real sense.
                    I'm not keeping a strict count, but I want to say that's at least the third or fourth time that I can recall encountering that exact same problem. I remember it happening exactly like that before in an issue of Flash Gordon Zeitgeist, and an issue of Warlord of Mars before that. Yet another reason to trade-wait. It's the production department's responsibility to combine the scanned finished artwork with the lettering (balloons, captions, and SFX) which is on a separate layer.
                    Last edited by pulphero; 09-03-2015, 04:27 AM.

Comment

• I had a surprise today . . . happened to notice my comic book shop had a copy of Bunn's The Shadow #0 on the shelf.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TNShadow00covHardman.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	49055

(It's not there any more, however. )

Comment

Working...
                      X